Fun in Trading

Ah ! ...Ian...you can't resist, can you ?
I see you are back as boy ?:LOL:
How can I see ?
That is for me to know and for you to find out ..:rolleyes:
Jacinto...please.

sorry Socrates, no he is not ian

Shadowninja, I know its the foyer, and therefore i will limit my moderation here (Which is not a signal to abuse this!!!!!!!). I will innocently assume you are not trying to have a go at anyone.....for the time being.

and no, he cant be unbanned. next time somebody suggests a similar thing, that person gets the chop from my end.

edit: by suggesting a similar thing I mean what Ian posted insulting others.

If he apologises then perhaps he can be unbanned? :)

Boy has gone...because he has just caught up with the post preceding this one, and thinks..." I had better scarper !".....:LOL:

You cannot complain I do not tell you everything...

Shadowninja, I know its the foyer, and therefore i will limit my moderation here (Which is not a signal to abuse this!!!!!!!). I will innocently assume you are not trying to have a go at anyone.....for the time being.

I was hinting to him that he could try a spot of being ultra nice to see if he could get his account unbanned. I like peace and I am sure he finds this site as useful as I do. :)

And this is an excellent example of how the fun can get taken out of anything. Every time.

And this is an excellent example of how the fun can get taken out of anything. Every time.

Yes, it's becoming a ****ing nightmare to be honest...looks like my gut feelings over the last 2 months or so were indeed correct

And a few well chosen asterisks can and do covey great meaning...swear words or not !

Well I don't agree with either of you.

The moderators here are doing a great job.

They are unpaid volunteers and put up with a lot, and give of their time and patience and do their diligent duty to keep interesting threads on track, and prevent them from being derailed. They deserve more support than they get from the membership in general and from some members in particular.

Now, let us get back on topic please, and continue the discussion which showed promise of getting interesting..

Let me go back to the beginning.

The question is whether men outnumber women in trading and why and whether the markets have femenine or masculine characteristics and if so, how and why.

Yes, it's becoming a ****ing nightmare to be honest...looks like my gut feelings over the last 2 months or so were indeed correct

And a few well chosen asterisks can and do covey great meaning...swear words or not !

I normally wouldnt answer this in public and would rather do it in private, but here we go.

1) your asteriscs breach site guidelines, and they are intended towards me. I am not offended by them, as i understand them as "adjetivo calificativo" (I hope you spoke my language to answer properly, instead, i have to use yours. If you learned some Latin at school, you probably would understand the words). So, I am not sanctioning your post.

2) you have made public your "gut feelings" before. Again, you are entitled to your own opinions.

3) You clearly didnt read what Ian posted (already deleted), and had that post been directed at you, you would be the first person to call for an infraction. that post was not only rude, but offensive.

Anyway, I hope you have a good evening

I am not on any "side"...because there is no side. There are just men and women.
It just happens that women use a kind of semaphore to which the majority of men have not got the code to decipher it, and do not consider it necessary to aquire it and then proceed to talk to women as if they were other men, and end up turning them OFF. It is that simple.:D

You sound like a woman trapped inside a man's body

I normally wouldnt answer this in public and would rather do it in private, but here we go.

1) your asteriscs breach site guidelines, and they are intended towards me. I am not offended by them, as i understand them as "adjetivo calificativo" (I hope you spoke my language to answer properly, instead, i have to use yours. If you learned some Latin at school, you probably would understand the words). So, I am not sanctioning your post.

2) you have made public your "gut feelings" before. Again, you are entitled to your own opinions.

3) You clearly didnt read what Ian posted (already deleted), and had that post been directed at you, you would be the first person to call for an infraction. that post was not only rude, but offensive.

Anyway, I hope you have a good evening

The post as I understand it was directed at me ol m8 Socco ( pseudo intellectual )....and who can disagree with ian....there are a few of us here who have very very long memories, so perhaps instead of coming in half way through a bulletin board, you would do well to read up on all the antics in a previous time instead of quoting the rule book...

Rules are for keeping the herd as the herd...your rules are not my rules and not Socco's either.

Yes Jacinto, you also have a good evening xxxx

You sound like a woman trapped inside a man's body

I assure you I am not.

But I am telling you the majority of men have not a clue as to what women think, feel, percieve, and intuitively react to, and ultimately dream of and crave. If they did, they would not behave towards them the way they do.

They would have developed the ability to tune in properly to get them to respond instead of bludgeoning them with testosterone fuelled statements that get them nowhere, because whereas they think it is a manly thing to do, it actually turns women right off.

What women really want from men is what the great majority cannot percieve past the blind fog of their own making. Women do not like weak and complacent men. They do not like wussies. They do not respect men that run around like poodles trying to please them. They are not attracted to men who do not flirt, tease, challenge, are aware of themselves and stand their ground, and give away their power. They get irritated by men who always agree with them. They get bored with men who are not decisive, yet unpredictable. They disregard men they can manipulate easily.

Do you understand ?

They do not appreciate men who talk to them in terms of football, cars and pipe tobacco. They dream of men who can fire them up, who dare to dare. You do not seem to understand that.

I am not surprised you have chosen a femenine nick in preference.

How do I know all this ?

Because I know and I have had it proved to me in all my relationships with many ladies throughout my life, that is why.

You cannot complain I do not tell you everything.

Now stop being a wussy and teach yourself to be a man, and you will see how your entire life will change.

SOCRATES, in my experience female (women) species are different to male (men) species. One that relates to trading is that women doesn't like taking risks. Trading is all about taking risks. Generally, I think the answer is obvious.

This doesn't make them inferior to men, In fact they are much more superior to men in many ways. They are "natural born" survivors

I thought topic of this thread was about using or thinking to use all kinds of metaphors in trading in an effort to make it more fun and enjoyable occupation, especially for those of us trading from home.

This doesn't make them inferior to men, In fact they are much more superior to men in many ways. They are "natural born" survivors

QUOTE]

i understand this as women being individuals that take extremely calculated risks. those are the most intelligent kind of "risk taking actions" i can think of.

The post as I understand it was directed at me ol m8 Socco ( pseudo intellectual )....and who can disagree with ian....there are a few of us here who have very very long memories, so perhaps instead of coming in half way through a bulletin board, you would do well to read up on all the antics in a previous time instead of quoting the rule book...

Rules are for keeping the herd as the herd...your rules are not my rules and not Socco's either.

Yes Jacinto, you also have a good evening xxxx

I am not your MATE. I am nobody's mate here. I am me. Or do you think you are going to succeed in reducing me to the status described in the vernacular you are so fond of using, no way.

This idea of you describing me as a pseudo intellectual defines the limits of your general education and understanding. It causes me to actually feel sorry for you, even though you may not consciously realise it, that it is a backhanded compliment.

I have a memory like an elephant. I never forget and what is more, I never forgive, let it be known.

Look at Ian's record. Just look at it. All he has ever done is snipe with one liners, many of these directed at me, which I have ignored, as I consider them to be beyond contempt.

I also know for certain in the past he has used the nick "boy", and I still say so.

What he does is use one broadband line for his usual nick and a dial up for the other. Moderative scrutiny will show this to be the case.

How do I know ? Because with my eye at the top of the pyramid, I can see everything, that's how.

When you complain about the rules, just keep your comments to include yourself, and not me. I do not need you to include me in anything. That's all.

Last edited:
I am not your MATE. I am nobody's mate here. I am me. Or do you think you are going to succeed in reducing me to the status described in the vernacular you are so fond of using, no way.

This idea of you describing me as a pseudo intellectual defines the limits of your general education and understanding.
I have a memory like an elephant. I never forget and what is more, I never forgive, let it be known.

Look at Ian's record. Just look at it. All he has ever done is snipe with one liners, many of these directed at me, which I have ignored, as I consider them to be beyond contempt.

I also know for certain in the past he has used the nick "boy", and I still say so.

What he does is use one broadband line for his usual nick and a dial up for the other. Moderative scrutiny will show this to be the case.

How do I know ? Because with my eye at the top of the pyramid, I can see everything, that's how.

When you complain about the rules, just keep your comments to include yourself, and not me. I do not need you to include me in anything. That's all.

Have you ever tied any women to a chair ?.....just wondered :LOL:

SOCRATES, in my experience female (women) species are different to male (men) species. One that relates to trading is that women doesn't like taking risks. Trading is all about taking risks. Generally, I think the answer is obvious.

I thought topic of this thread was about using or thinking to use all kinds of metaphors in trading in an effort to make it more fun and enjoyable occupation, especially for those of us trading from home.

That is just it, and what I am trying to explain here. They don't need to take risks. They have a very carefully developed and honed group of ideas to ensure the mistakes they make with selecting a mate are minimal.

This is particularly noticeable in very beautiful women who by their looks only, attract a lot of men.

These men that they attract then have to undergo testing, to ensure they are not wussies or poodles that can be manipulated. Women present tests constantly of which men are not aware. They have to do this because they have to select and be sure their selection is correct.

Really attractive women can choose any of dozens of men who approach them.

They have a mechanism to sort out who (from their viewpoint) are the men and who are the wussies. The great majority of men who approach women in clubs bars beaches and art galleries are unaware of this. They go soft and wobbly when they encounter a really overwhelmingly attractive or beautiful or exceptionally intelligent woman.

Women know this, otherwise they would be landed with all sorts of men looking for their mummy and not a real woman.

Now the question is whether the markets have inherent femenine attributes or masculine ones, taking on board what I have just peripherally explained to you briefly, because I am not here to teach you to pull every bird you see that you like the look of.

Discuss.

I assure you Socrates, there is nothing that you can teach me that I do not already know. However, I sincerely thank you for your offer. As for complanits about telling me everything:

A) You are not capable of telling me anything that would prove useful (see above)
B) Your knowledge is limited
C) No complaint was ever made to you from me

Many thanks

Reactions: BSD
Have you ever tied any women to a chair ?.....just wondered :LOL:

Yes, and hooded them when they did not learn their lesson in class. The market does not respect anyone who is irresponsible or lazy, with knowledge, action or self control.

If you had attended one of my lectures you would have been the first to be tied and hooded and had sticky tape put across your mouth as well. guaranteed absolutely.:devilish: :eek: