FTSE100- June

go on then.....silly ones too :)

Im just standing aside at the moment...4510 is the pivot and resisance /support and we are also below the 1 day now aswell. So watch that area for a switch in direction. Want to go long at some stage..

KJH

"I have equalisation with the DOW (FTSE-DOW) at 4478. This being the % drop the dow put in after the FTSE index close. Note also this was yesterdays low.
Will be interesting to see if it achieves this level--could warn of strength or lack thereof....."

Can you explain this please.

I have the ftse pivot from yesterday as 4519, what is your calculation to get 4510.
EDIT no I don't ! you are correct, my apologies. Not woken up yet..
Regards

bracke

Good Morning All

Notice the time I am posting, couldn't sleep, I doubt I shall last the day out.

Pivot 4511
R1=4543
R2=4567
R3=4599

S1=4487
S2=4455
S3=4431

Regards

bracke

Hooya

Why do you think it is worth going long at some stage ie what is your target - 4555?

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
KJH

"I have equalisation with the DOW (FTSE-DOW) at 4478. This being the % drop the dow put in after the FTSE index close. Note also this was yesterdays low.
Will be interesting to see if it achieves this level--could warn of strength or lack thereof....."

Can you explain this please.
Regards

bracke
Bracke,
Just add or subtract the move the dow or S&P makes after the FTSE index closes.
Add or subtrace this in percentage change to the FTSE closing price to give you a level that the FTSE would be 'equal' to the Dj or Snp.
I get a 'feel' from keeping this record of whether the ftse is leading or lagging the two us indicies from these.
Keep a record of it for a month or three--you should get a feel for it from there.....
It also acts as another 'balance point' just like the daily pivot and swing pivot IMHO
Did this answer your question bracke?
Regards,
KJH

KJH

Thank you for yor answer,which gave full explanation to my question.

ftse currently not gone to 4478 particularly at open, does this reduce the chance of it occurring?

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
Hooya

Why do you think it is worth going long at some stage ie what is your target - 4555?

Regards

bracke

that could be a target and there is one even higher up but I only said longbased that I am anticpating my indicators to give me a signal sometime ...so no real forsight to it as of yet.

its having problems imo as techincal it looks oversold in the 5min chart but not in the 10 so there's a bit of conflict at the mo

Hooya said:
its having problems imo as techincal it looks oversold in the 5min chart but not in the 10 so there's a bit of conflict at the mo
Hi Hooya,
What settings do you use on your 10, 30 -60 charts for indicators ie RSI = ?
Same as 5 min ??
KJH

All indicators are set the same for different time frames. 14 for RSi and MACD I use 12,102 and Stochs I use Fib numbers.

Hooya said:
All indicators are set the same for different time frames. 14 for RSi and MACD I use 12,102 and Stochs I use Fib numbers.
Thanks for sharing Hooya
KJH

Hooya.
Re your post 501.
What one day ma value do you use on 10 30 and 60 mins charts?.

I use a 1 day ma on 5 mini chart but keep the same settings fot 10,30 etc...so its 102 on all charts

KJH.
What method do you use to calculate your measured moves,as you know I am trying to improve my knowledge on this subject,together with ABCD moves.

Regards.

Yahoo..
I seem to remember Bonsai saying," go long above the one day and short below it,thats where the money is".
Therefore what ma period do you do you use as the one day ma.I am not sure what to use and thought i would ask you as we are on the subject.
Regards

I guess It depends on what time frame you like to look at

5min is 102
10min is 51
30min is17

KJH said:
Bracke,
Just add or subtract the move the dow or S&P makes after the FTSE index closes.
Add or subtrace this in percentage change to the FTSE closing price to give you a level that the FTSE would be 'equal' to the Dj or Snp.

I find that a pretty good rule of thumb too. The individual cash SB & CFD quote providers seem to follow it slavishly after the LIFFE close. They can move their quotes quite sharply away in response to the Asian markets (and no doubt what their non-sleeping punters are doing) between bed time and breakfast though.

On any potential intra-day position today, I personally can't see an upside for the FTSE100 before news of the US FOMC announcement - which I beleive won't be ubtil tomorrow - they start their meeing today. On the basis that uncertainly tends to bearishness and we saw a pretty respectable rise yesterday, I have had a short open since yesterday's close and right now look like soothing the pain of a couple of days ago a little bit more - but you never know!

Fluke said:
KJH.
What method do you use to calculate your measured moves,as you know I am trying to improve my knowledge on this subject,together with ABCD moves.

Regards.
Fluke,
Price projections incorporating fib expansions--the same as you'd use for fib retracements.
I find that 100% of range works best.. That is like yesterday, we moved 100% of the previous up swing within the one day. (see blue trendlines on daily chart = FTSE daily)
So I look at it and say to myself, self, if price action starts to show a series of low highs on the 5 min chart we may have a short term top in place and time to close longs and or get short. Just another indicator to help confirm what PRICE is doing. Price is always right remember ( I have to keep on reminding myself !)
Measured moves work on ALL time frames be it 5 min up. You can look to it as a confirming indicator also--well I do. That is each leg up, is it the same, less than or greater than the last swing up....and so on. Another momentum indicator......
Hope this helps,
KJH
ps Red trendline= possible target. Green T/L = measured move exceeded = more weakness.

Attachments

• aftse.gif
    aftse.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 173
10.45 am
Market testing 50% of swing from 22/06 low to yesterdays high ( reluctantly ? )
4505-15 may become overhead RES again ?
KJH

KJH and Hooya.
Thank you both for replying to my requests, I really do appreciate your help.
Sorry to be brief but I have to go out now.

regards Jon.