Energies Review for The Week of June 28th, 2010

jackfutu18

A new week comes, let's see is there anything new!

The Energies Pitguru Review
for the week of June 28th, 2010

A very strong week in the energy markets even though there was no data to support this rally. Crude ripped higher especially on Friday to close just below $79.00. Crude for August reached a 7 week high on Friday just below $80 even as inventories climbed by a considerable amount and the equity markets remained flat to weak. The one positive for this market that I can say for sure was the hint of a tropical storm hitting the oil filled gulf coast but this has become a non-issue. Tropical Storm Alex looks to be headed more towards Mexico now than previously reported but since this was nothing more than a tropical storm it didn't warrant the price of crude to jumping almost $3 on Friday alone.

This week will be an important one as Friday will deliver non-farm payrolls, a report that was weak last time around. I believe this market is still a short here, especially after the miss of Tropical Storm Alex, higher inventories, a very strong USD, and a rolling over equity market with big companies coming up with sub-par earnings. Look for crude to get back down to $76.

Natural Gas is creeping up, trying to get back to $5 as this market now trades at $4.85. It rallied from the support level of $4.60 last week. I like long plays here in the Natty and would look at buying calls when the flatprice drops to $4.60 again. Once again, big jobs number coming out Friday so it will be interesting to see how the market digests the data.

By Pitguru