FTSE100- June

bracke said:
KJH

You may have answered this already but if you position trade the dow how far out do you set your stops?

I have great problems with dow volatility taking out my stops and then reversing - most frustrating.

Regards

bracke

Only Trade the FTSE (futures, Z, & options, ESX contract) and S&P E-mini (ES) Bracke.
I know what you mean with being stopped out. Use to happen all the time when I traded the SPI on the SFE (Sydney futures exch)
I should clarify my futures trading. It only becomes a position trade if 1) the market has moved sufficiently away from my entry point to risk holding whilst the market is closed 2) I feel that I am getting in with the trend and close to the beginning of that trend.
The ES, via GLOBEX, is primarily my hedging vehicle if anything stupid happens while London is closed and I'm holding overnight....
Time to rock and roll 3.05pm local time means its 8.05 am market time.......
KJH

Guys,

If you dont mind me asking what information feeds do you use for live information for charting etc

thanks for your help, there are so many software/packages available it would be good to get some user comments.

steve34

steve34 said:
Guys,

If you dont mind me asking what information feeds do you use for live information for charting etc

thanks for your help, there are so many software/packages available it would be good to get some user comments.

steve34

Steve34,
I use Interactive Brokers (IB) as I trade FTSE futures. They provide data obviously as it is a tradig platform. You have to pay the exchange fees...
You can also display crude charts with no tools / TA tho at this stage.
I over come that by feeding into Sierra charts the feed from IB.
The only draw back with this is you have to have both on and running to collect the data as it is stored on your pc.
Hope this helps....
Others using D4F will hopefully post their comments/ thoughts about those systems....
Regards and best of luck,
KJH

Re FTSE, WED 10 am.
Onwards and upwards...
Thru previous intra day lows which didn't offer any resistance. Thru 61.8% of the 4 day range down. 78.65 Ret is 4497 and the pysco ( can't spell it..you know what I mean) level of 4500 and previous intra day swing highs approaching.....
market starting to go vertical....can't keep that up for too long without a breather......
Time to tighten stops up for this boy.....
Cya
kjh

well gap filled at 84...fib at 83 and low to high of a = high of a to c (if that makes sense)so looking for at least a correction from here. If it is an abc it will start a new impulse down

Last edited:
Although my opinion probably doesn't count for much and I am only paper trading at the mo - until I get into the swing of things - it's time to go short !!

go to be careful ridders as its imo a cor 3 and it could easily go to 505 but watching for resistance here at 92-95 .

KJH

Thank you for your reply.

ridders

"it's time to go short" Why?

Regards

bracke

Hooya,
Re: 4505 published well and truly before it was reached.......
Where did that figure come from?
Was it 87.5% Ret of range ?
Thanks
KJH

apart from general resistance in the 500s with old fib at 510 and start of resistance 500 so mid point is as good as any ...remeber nothihng is exact in this game .

But I was actually working on this chart.)posted somewhere esle).... which target sthe same and If this is an abc c=2.618x a at 508!!! So plenty to go on.

I use rsi/macd/stochs on a 5, 10 ,30 min chart..with support resistance...retracements and apivot points and some very dodgy wave counting. I try to build a general picture rather than say I will do this when this happens. For me things are always changing.

But hey Im short and its still creeping up.

Attachments

• hooya 101.GIF
    hooya 101.GIF
    60.3 KB · Views: 197
mully
You are conspicuous by your absence.

Have you become a lurker!

It would be useful to read your analysis on the current situation.

Regards

bracke

Hooya,

Like the photos

Impressed with the low milage since 2001.

Tells me you have no children, school runs etc. :LOL: :LOL:

Hi Guys,

Realise this is a little off topic, but I am on dial up and have tried ploughing thru some relevant threads ..but it's a bit of a nightmare both time and patience wise .....
Question is: Any idea where I could access (FREE) Live Levels for Indices espec FTSE-DJIA-DAX-CAC?
I am not looking for Charts of any description..just plain simple LIVE levels!

Tnx :)

try Lees new website

www.livecharts.co.uk updated every 10secs I think

Yup Mully no children. Just me and my other half. Its actually picked up in milage recently with a daily trip to the station and gym. Milagealso includes a summer trip from Surry to Chamonix.Tignes. Courchevel and back.