FTSE100- June

Bracke stick a (14) RSI on a 5 min chart..you will see the move to oversold.

Hooya

If you trade the FTSE cash do you hold from one day to the next by means of a rollover?

"oversold intraday, 20+ points after holding for 2 days" Excuse my continued questions but can you explain in more detail please.

"I was willing to scale in a long 5 lots of £1 say to get the best entry I can. But I have a clear stop in mind when doing this so I am not randomly "

Do you do this yourself as the price changes, or do you give instrutions to the sb company

Regards

bracke

Finirama

"An oversold situation is one where there has been excessive selling (Hooya uses RSI and oversold is taken as a reading below 70) and has little potential to move further down. "

I understand the above ( shouldn't the 70 be 30 ) but it was the 20+ points that is confusing me.

Regards

bracke

Bracke cmc have a rolling cash or Finspreads have a futures price I could trade.
Yup I just scale in a £1-£2 at a time. Deepends how confident I feel :)

Will put up a chart in a min.

here you go....with 10 mins to go intraday would you have held?

Attachments

• bskdahakshd.GIF
    bskdahakshd.GIF
    62.7 KB · Views: 183
btw just closed my 77 long...reckon it carry on up later but not sure If i will be around yet so better out than in...?

Hooya

I would have held a monthly future,indeed I still am but would not have held if I was looking to close the trade within that day or the next day.

My post 223, would still like an explanation of the 20+ points please.

What does btw mean?

Regards

bracke

Monday's trading range appears to be providing both support for FTSE around 4476/80

and its high of 4496 appears to be providing resistance.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 150
recistance and todays pivot as well. potential head and shoulders but not convinced yet. Would need to see the US break the 60s

Market still feels weak for choice and if we see a sell off this afternoon in the US (later in the day i think)then tomorrow could be the day for closing the ever present gap down. For once Europe will have center stage and i'd imagine a few longs will be closing out ahead of the long US weekend.

Slightly O/T and i know discussed at length elsewhere but any recomendations on a decent technical analysis package and live price feeds (inc historical)
Currently using software suppllied by broker but i'd like to separate. I looked at Tradermade but with exchange fees for each exchange it racks up in price to circa £300 pcm, does this seem reasonable?
Current package only allows me to look at last 5 days for 30/60 minute charts which causes some problems. Need to chart LIFFE, CME, CBOT and Eurex

Splash

Finirama & alliance

Thank you for your explanations

Hooya

Thank you for your patiece in answering my questions

Regards

bracke

Morning all,

With US markets closed to-day, I feel like wishing you all a nice weekend.

Do not expect fireworks to-day

Morning All,
Who's using D4F on here ?
I logged in this morning and just get a blank screen with all my layouts lost - anybody got the same problem ?
I'll email them to see if it can be recovered.

Iain

Mully,
Yes i started doing mine yesterday - changing from June to September contracts. However, today i have no layouts whatsoever. I've just had a word with them and they are experiencing 'Technical difficulties' and they don't know if i will be able to get my layouts back.
Bit of a pain but it will keep me busy for a bit today since the markets will probably be pretty quiet.

Iain

they will reload the layouts later.... but you can still trade.

I like days like today Mully, often see two trending moves. We are already nearing yesterdays range and only after 50 mins :) Looking for support anywhere from 58-66ish.

Will post a chart in a bit

Hooya.....Yes i just have a couple of price windows up at the moment. Don't fancy redoing all my layouts if i can get them back.
I was hoping for 60 as i'm still short from yesterday - looking at it at the moment i may have to settle for 70.

Iain