FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Sounds like you are pretty damn good on the whole mate, my commitment phobia is becoming a menace again, I've done ok, but lately alot of the moves are happening while I've switched off for lunch.

All good if the morning has been kind.

Lots of times In the past I've sat through lunch time, eyes bulging while waiting for paint to dry, so now, off..........

....But, coming back to see a massive 80 point surge here & there while I've been elsewhere is a carrot all on it's own :-0

I have tried to fit this game around my own circumstance, as have you by the look of it, sometimes it's unbelievably sublime, but sometimes, oh man !!!!

I personally do not find this easy, so many variables, I think it is a bl@@dy hard way to make easy money.

The hammer approach is all good & well sometimes, but I've discovered I am not really wired that way, which is probably not good in the long run.

Anyway, tomorrow is another trap door or rocket launcher pad :)
Haha thanks Joe. Many more opportunities to come tomorrow.

dow looking bullish now
30 min data

illypx.gif

18057 breakout point

Key Areas to watch:
11480 - 11500 Resistance
11360 -11400 Support
11300 - support

Tomorrow morning, I feel we'll test that 11480 Area and probably move back down to 11400 and maybe 11360 again or the opposite will happen. 11450 was not strong enough imo based on 1min data.

We'll see tomorrow morning, but I've learnt just by being in this forum the best times to catch these swings are early morning, mid afternoon and then the close.

We shall see tomorrow. Good luck to all

Edit: This is all contingent on Greece. Other this gets blown out of the water, in whatever direction haha

Last edited:
Key Areas for Dow:

18000 there is plenty of support.
18100 - key area for breakouts both to the upside + downside
18170 - area for resistance. A sustained breakout above this level will see it move to 18250 area

I done a bit of analysis on Friday and it seems like in the run up to NFP day the DOW rallies - it's been pretty consistent with this trend for the past 8 or so NFP numbers. Even last month's one when it disappointed. Methinks this is just another one of those rallies. We should see consolidation at this level and then probably a sell off. If it can find support at the 18200 mark, it may set a new record but I highly doubt it will..

Dentist...maybe the bullish trend is because of this? we identified a few weeks back. If this is the case then we will break 11520 on Dax and 18175 on DOW. Let's see but wi'll be looking out for those Areas on Fri come 1:30

In that case, any move down to 11360 is a strong buying opportunity. providing greece doesn't **** it up for us

Just got filled at 11221 - giving this one a wide berth to breath SL @ 30

Long by the way... Not the usual thing I'd do but limit was set at the bottom end of support.

Just got filled at 11221 - giving this one a wide berth to breath SL @ 30

Long by the way... Not the usual thing I'd do but limit was set at the bottom end of support.

Living on the edge right now...hope the 11221 holds and ill make an entry. Not feeling good atm... still got some positions stuck at at 11475 though i i mgd to hedge overnight yesterday n the short positions booked a tidy sum from a +250 ride to 11222.