FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Hi Atilla,
I also think we may get a good drop but in waiting for it to go higher are you not missing out?
I have been long for a while and until it changes I just get the creep up on Dow and better move on Dax. When it turns we will see it fast.
GL

Hi Nick,

Not really as I trade other stuff like dax/oil/gold/fx etc. Prefer to only short SPX. It has been very well behaved recently. Just less to watch and think about. Easier to identify blow out areas.

So if I identify a trend and have a plan for the day prefer to stick to it. Can't manage going long and short it messes up my head. :(

I really admire you guys who can trade both sides though. (y)

US market either testing or not playing ball. Bears are on the offensive as expected.

PP-R2 @ 11767 acting as strong resistance.

Three Line Break 5m chart showing change.

Attachments

• TLB_DAX_5m.GIF
    TLB_DAX_5m.GIF
    9.7 KB · Views: 69
these vertical trends cannot be maintained for long periods

att1r6.gif

5 min data shows the trend that started on Monday when they released the Greek news

signs of a top
a dump in a pump area
or a breakout that fades
we wont know its a trap until we get a negative signal
chart the support areas underneatheath and watch the reaction
otherwise we break higher

I agree with a topy stall.

MACD is looking overbought and LH and trendline holding as resistance.

We've failed to breach PP-R2 @ 2123 so likely to test support soon I'd guess.

Don't think 2118 will be much of a hold and I would expect a test of PP @ 2110

2132 might change plans but lacking momentum right now. (n)

ADDENDA: That last star is also looking like a Doji or evening star which is a possible indication of an upcoming reversal.

Attachments

• SPX_4H_150716_1919.GIF
    SPX_4H_150716_1919.GIF
    41.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
pp9Tx4pR

Yellow line - too steep. Whether you like it or not bulls need to get tested - it's a fact. For me, bulls need to get tested @ 11270 - that's a retracement of 50%, 11416 is 61.8% on Fibonacci - from a predicted top of 11880 which has loads of horizontal res - see 1 day chart since January. Chirro23 thinks we'll get a corrections into that area - so matches my analysis. I'll probably ride this to about 840-880 - then turn back my shorts in. Don't forget OPEX is tomorrow too.

long trade for me is also getting too crowded - it just has to let off some steam eventually.

Nah. I got out earlier. But gotta say it was a bit of a no brainer today

Cheers. But learnt a valuable lesson. Am in Portugal right now on holiday. Don't trade while on holiday, no need for the added stress. Puting the laptop away and won't be trading or looking at the markets till I'm back in the uk.

careful now...
corrections
when you expect them...then there is a trap
needless to say..it should be due

pp9Tx4pR

Yellow line - too steep. Whether you like it or not bulls need to get tested - it's a fact. For me, bulls need to get tested @ 11270 - that's a retracement of 50%, 11416 is 61.8% on Fibonacci - from a predicted top of 11880 which has loads of horizontal res - see 1 day chart since January. Chirro23 thinks we'll get a corrections into that area - so matches my analysis. I'll probably ride this to about 840-880 - then turn back my shorts in. Don't forget OPEX is tomorrow too.

long trade for me is also getting too crowded - it just has to let off some steam eventually.

nvbax5.gif

put my p/f up against chronics to compare the trends
seems like first stop is aqua
if it corrects