FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

As expected Draghi doing a good job supporting market.

Confirmed decision is a political one and ECB expects Greece to remain in the EU. Top man (y)

As for the charts.... We've just tested PP-R2 @ 11767. The next phase is tricky and have neutral to bullish opinion. Based on news and favourable response from the US, thinking 11872 @ PP-R3 is a good probability.

Thinking support is likely to be tested from these areas. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DAX_1H_150716_1349.GIF
    DAX_1H_150716_1349.GIF
    29.5 KB · Views: 54
Bears on the offensive yes. Real battle lines here I reckon.

Bulls need US market to support move imo.

SPX and DOW looking overbought too imo but hype and fever does make one behave irrationally.

Nothing has been fixed as yet. All words and hype just because Greeks have said yes please to more free money without reforms thus far... :whistling

spx into the open

2vb0ric.gif

we either break higher or bulls get tested
1 min data
shows the new trend that started this morning

Still fishing for short limit orders on SPX. The higher it goes harder it will fall I reckon. Perhaps another up day today though.

I have 2123 & 2132 as potential targets today. :rolleyes:

That's if it doesn't peter out... :whistling

Up down move would suit me. :)

dont fish

wait for a full burnout siignal

Still fishing for short limit orders on SPX. The higher it goes harder it will fall I reckon. Perhaps another up day today though.

here is a little trick that i have adapted from p/f
place a simple ma 1 period on high
place a simple ma 1 period on low
you can see trends nicely
then if you are using mt4...download a customiseable grid EA
you can now arithmetically quantify the trend

212zitg.png

do not bunch up the data,ie crowd
separate the trends
dots are the close
you can see the trend from the other side of the room

Thanks Dentist, I do use DEMA's too just don't post them as they make the charts look messy. (y)

adding some clever stuff on to that
if you are trading with the trend...down as per the dax chart posted...keep an eye on the highs line/green...you dont want that to expand.ie go against the trend..it should keep a decent pace with the red line
a similar sort of plot to Lo/HI on p/f where you are looking at movement against the trend

zmjko0.png

Hi Atilla,
I also think we may get a good drop but in waiting for it to go higher are you not missing out?
I have been long for a while and until it changes I just get the creep up on Dow and better move on Dax. When it turns we will see it fast.
GL

I do like the green HH HL indications with these colours yes. Certainly stands out more than the CS charts.

Do use Three Line Break view too, which I think is great. Basically, whilst green no shorts etc. (y)

adding some clever stuff on to that
if you are trading with the trend...down as per the dax chart posted...keep an eye on the highs line/green...you dont want that to expand.ie go against the trend..it should keep a decent pace with the red line
a similar sort of plot to Lo/HI on p/f where you are looking at movement against the trend

zmjko0.png

Attachments

• TLB.GIF
    TLB.GIF
    14.7 KB · Views: 71