FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

dow looks in better shape
it met its target from the downside vertical count and bounced
still in neutral territory

4tmutk.gif

Morning, experimented with an arbitrage trade this morning, between 8 & 8.30am IG kept their price approx 6 or 7 points adrift of DMA, so thinking I was a cleaver bollox I bought Dax at 11726 while DMA was between approx 11730 & 11733 & rising, result 9 point loss (chicken'd out) it immediately rammed down (dma did too as it was a trap all of it's own at higher price level) then floated around for about 40 mins in a 20 point range collecting all manner of positions before it's 9.03 am grind up. I Lost the will to live staring at the grind by then.

Since then I've missed the "grind down" from 10am

If you look back on the chart, it looks all dramatic, it wasn't, it was & is a grind. Why I entered in a grind is another matter.

Basically trying to use surgical instruments is a waste of time, I have personal stuff to do today, so back in tomorrow, but in instead of a laser I'm coming back with a hammer !!

More a case of monkey see, monkey do !!

Good luck all.

Great moves this morning guys.

A break above 11800 would probably be a long for me. For now using the 11770 area as a place to short, and 11680-11700 as a place to long. Market going to trade in these tight ranges until something comes out regarding Greece

a good chart of the dow
15 min data
we got a fake move/ the rally up from pink horizontal
then a move back down which gave us a bear trap/fake bearish signal followed by a turn and a move up
res is at 18300 area/red

9tk0w8.gif

that trap we were ready for...they could not fool us again...lol
was not trigger shy for that one

a breakdown below the column of "O"s with 21 and 26 in gives us a very bearish downside vertical count

Great moves this morning guys.

A break above 11800 would probably be a long for me. For now using the 11770 area as a place to short, and 11680-11700 as a place to long. Market going to trade in these tight ranges until something comes out regarding Greece

Nice move up. Closed @ 11750