FTSE 100 - Strategies or Plans?

Hi,

I have a strict plan to share with you for FREE.

Firstly we know no one can predict the FTSE100 daily reaction for the day so no point trying to predict!!

Ok, here is my plan.

you only make ONE TRADE a DAY no more!!

you only trade soon as the market opens, thats 8.00am UK Time. No later then 8.05am

You either buy or sell.

You risk only 14 points in everyday trade. and you set a profit limit of 14 points as well.

Never adjust your 14 points stop limit, even if it means your going out in 3mins into the market

Now onces your in trade, go away from the screen, becuase, if your stare at the screen, your emotions/feelings/hurt/greed will kick in, and we dont want that to happen, as you willl hesitate and start fiddling around with stop limits and profit taking margins.

What are you oppinion on this? Please leave a response as they are welcome, I'd expect some 'sticks' from the experience traders....

I would not reccomand my plan, but I thought its a masterpiece.

PAPER-TRADE with this at first, and see how it works for you? before you part with your money.

I'd reccomand IG INDEX if you are into Spread Betting, as their Platform is dead accurate.

[email protected] - if you have MSN messenger? please add, as like minded people are better of sticking together than apart.

With a Risk:Reward of 1:1 and a 50:50 winning percentage I fail to see how this is a viable strategy given the fact that one has to cover commissions, slippage, etc.

How did you derive at 14 points. Has this figure been proven to provide an edge?

With a Risk:Reward of 1:1 and a 50:50 winning percentage I fail to see how this is a viable strategy given the fact that one has to cover commissions, slippage, etc.

How did you derive at 14 points. Has this figure been proven to provide an edge?

In second thoughts, ignore my last post as these questions have already been asked in other replies....

I feel the same way.
What's the incentive to set a +/- 14 ?

Why not 20? Why not 100? Surely, those with more utility can afford more.

Has the OP disappeared, or has he just not bothered to come back and reply?

I believe one will hardly find any ppl who will share their HOLY GRAIL (to them) with any1 except close friends .... cause then he knows he hit the jackpot and he dont need to jump around selling course or taking extra nuisance for publicizing it... he can just simply trade, make money (PLENTY of it) and enjoy life.... there r more interesting things to do in this world if u've the money rather selling or publicizing courses...

Hi,

I have a strict plan to share with you for FREE.

Firstly we know no one can predict the FTSE100 daily reaction for the day so no point trying to predict!!

Ok, here is my plan.

you only make ONE TRADE a DAY no more!!

you only trade soon as the market opens, thats 8.00am UK Time. No later then 8.05am

You either buy or sell.

You risk only 14 points in everyday trade. and you set a profit limit of 14 points as well.

Never adjust your 14 points stop limit, even if it means your going out in 3mins into the market

Now onces your in trade, go away from the screen, becuase, if your stare at the screen, your emotions/feelings/hurt/greed will kick in, and we dont want that to happen, as you willl hesitate and start fiddling around with stop limits and profit taking margins.

What are you oppinion on this? Please leave a response as they are welcome, I'd expect some 'sticks' from the experience traders....

I would not reccomand my plan, but I thought its a masterpiece.

PAPER-TRADE with this at first, and see how it works for you? before you part with your money.

I'd reccomand IG INDEX if you are into Spread Betting, as their Platform is dead accurate.

[email protected] - if you have MSN messenger? please add, as like minded people are better of sticking together than apart.

Dear,

If I were you, I won't do that. I depend on trading to survive, and i always agree with Jessey Livermoore rules. Indices moves in group. I would only trade if i get signal to buy or sell from ^Dow Jones and the indi:mad:ces i want to trade. And experience tell me that it is impossible to do day trade, cos those signal might be occur in months time. I'm here to earn, not to arrange some strategy that work theoritically but not in practical.

Morning guys
anyone thoughts on lloyds after the 11 days the ftse has been up, think this is a 4 yr record. i still think they could be a ood medium term punt but still undedided. anyoen else in this stock?

I've been blasting computer power at the FTSE-100 over the past few weeks trying to breed genetic algorithms that will reliably generate a profit from daily trades on the index. So far, I can generate algorithms that generate a healthy profit on the training data but when you show them new data you get very poor results which suggests, to me, that either my training data is too restricted or that the index is truly chaotic and it would be virtually impossible to create a useful strategy.

Interestingly the best algorithms make heavy use of the previous day's gain on the Dow and the fast Stochastic indicator which might indicate that these might be the most useful.

azwhaley, any pointers on strategies to take account of previous day's Dows effects on FTSE?

I have been looking for it and rav007 mentions this in one of the threads on t2w, but PM'ed him with no response.