FTSE 100 - May

Bonsai

Thanks for your support.

Interestingly my Lurkers post has already produced two new posters.

so there is method in my "madness".

Blairlogie: It is called managing the thread.

mully

Thank you, I have a strong belief in maintaining a sense of humour it helps to keep things in perspective and generally assists in avoiding aggresion. RIGHT whoose for a verbal punch up!

Contributors & Lurkers

Some points to consider

1 The ftse is down 27.5 points as I type. If interest rates rise do we expect a further fall or is it already in the price. If the rate is unchanged do we expect a large rise.?

2 The dow is trading in a very close range and is due a break out. If the payroll figures out tomorrow are good and the threat of interest rates closer, do we expect the dow to fall and take the ftse with it? If the payroll figures are bad the threat of rate increase reduces and the dow rises? again taking the ftse with it?

The dow has been winding itself up over the last 2 days and is due a break which could prove to be a sizable one.

I appreciate that I am asking to be deluged with the mantra 'trade what you see not what you think' but it does help to be prepared.

Regards

bracke

Looks a retest of 4,530 is on the cards??

Not to sure of the head and shoulders..right shoulder is not a defined as the left but target corresponds

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    56.4 KB · Views: 178
just a quick hello.....quite glad I fixed my mortgage last year now.:) I am long in priciple for the rest of the day but data is out in the US which could provide a fake move.

Watch potential support level to the left 4530 ish

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 183
youre right mully
keep on the right side of the 1 day
that's where the money is

a/d is now -80 which of course means -90 & +10
but probably -91 & +11

:LOL:
-I found the smileys

Last edited:
Trending nicely but looking for the reversal swing signal now. (even though we are under the 1day Sorry guys :LOL: )

Attachments

• fdr.GIF
    fdr.GIF
    31.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
bonsai

Sorry to be a pain but can you explain in simple words your previous post.

simply regards

simply bracke

Hi Hooya,

Keep an eye on Dow at 10,264...its been acting as major support.

If it holds then it will support a bounce back. Just a wee bit way as all the European indices are down as well.

Got a measuring bar from 530 to 537, so would be looking for a close above 537 for confirmation of reversal

I havent got a clue about the US but FTSE is trending down nicely but I am in oversold conditions intraday so but itc ould be one of those days where it only has one swing...

Reference my support level to the left, I think support band is more appropriate.

Also remember how the 4524/6 level acted as both support and resistance last week .

Also we are very close to US markets opening anyway.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 168
hooya
I like to work out
kick a ball about every now and then

as a scrum half, I know what its like to have a decent fly half a few yards away

If only I had a pound for every poor fly half I 've played with ..............
but I still have the scars

Bonsai
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Just to cheer you up, my 4 year old son, Rollo, thinks you are a hero and wants to grow up and play for England. He ever talks about changing his name to JW. Luckily, he has a signed rubgy ball from the England team, as LD's daughter is in his class, but then you (JW) would know that as you signed it!

bonsai

"keep on the right side of the 1 day
that's where the money is"

"a/d is now -80 which of course means -90 & +10
but probably -91 & +11"

The above makes complete sense to you but to us relative novices it doesn't. Can you explain it please?

Regards

bracke

Bracke:

1) Bonsai is referring to trading with the trend. IF the one day simple moving average in down take down bets. IF the I day SMA is up take up bets.

2) the A/D comment refers to the number of shares in the FTSE100 which are Advancing and the number Declining. A strong markets needs lots of participants (like this thread!!!). Be cautious of strong markets with thin participation.

hopes this helps

LOL Bonsai,

yup that support gone but maybe some in the 20s? there was a lot of action around 500-520 recently ?

Have ot say I dont think I have seen 4 sessions before on the dow like they had since Friday