FTSE 100 - May

:LOL: hey, ho I always do scare too easily - now if I hadn't been glued to the screen.......
................... :?: Musn't knock a profit tho'

Chaps, I'm a newbie. I hope in the future I can provide some value to the debate. Apologies for interrupting your thread - where can I find closing prices to get an idea of moving averages?
Best regards to all.

Sharkfin,

Welcome to T2W.

You can get free data for quite a few sources....try yahoo as a starter. They also provide moving averages as part of the charting.

Barjon,

Too much reliance on the US on my part...rarely see bull flag o the FTSE but they tend to deliver more oten than not.

nice day to return, but should have had more courage after Fin had waved the flag -
particularly since target was co-incident with my mid-point down candle resistance
(which held eod). Now it's interesting, which mid-point will hold? 550 resistance again, or
518 support? Or perhaps neither!!!!! Tomorrow we'll see (or perhaps not!! )

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 204
As Finirama pointed out earlier, trendline was broken first thing this morning. Bullish development.

Note how the trendline then acted as support on the sell off in the first 1 1/2 hours.

Some hesitation at Thursday high (4532 ish) before breaking up to touch 4558 at best. This appears also to have been the low on the 27/04/2004.

I have put the new trendline in to show support.

However, there may be another test of this rally as it is rapidly closing in on the original descending breakline coming off the peak of 4602.

So bullish day (but all subject to no shocks from Mr Greenspan in 1 hours time

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
bracke said:
MGBRoadster

The dow iscurrently up 70 points if it holds or improves you will hopefully be on to a winner tomorrow. The last 0.5 - 1.0 hour of the usa market can change considerably, I hope it holds for you.

Thanks Bracke, made about 60 points today.

First day of the month is nearly always worth a long

For those waiting for the Fed's decision here is a reminder of the important words used last time:

"The Committee perceives the upside and downside risks to the attainment of sustainable growth for the next few quarters are roughly equal. The probability of an unwelcome fall in inflation has diminished in recent months and now appears almost equal to that of a rise in inflation. With inflation quite low and resource use slack, the Committee believes that it can be patient in removing its policy accommodation..."

The betting must be the removal/change of "patient"

Thanks Mully...and for starting up the thread...nice number of hits for the first day...still need more contributors.

FOMC statement

Here is the relevant part of the statement:

"The Committee perceives the upside and downside risks to the attainment of sustainable growth for the next few quarters are roughly equal. Similarly, the risks to the goal of price stability have moved into balance. At this juncture, with inflation low and resource use slack, the Committee believes that policy accommodation can be removed at a pace that is likely to be measured.

Well....US targets been hit so i'm out of both...missed half the move up from the DOW..was in at 10,270 BUT got stoppd out by.....1 point.!!!!

Morning..just a quick hello. Good to see you are keeping the thread going. Have cross downs on my Stochs and Macd etc..so I am currently scaling in a short. (above 40).

Anyone object to the trendlines?

The fall, first thing, held above the high established on 29/04/04 which should be read as encouraging.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 213
Market appears to be hesitating at the trendline off peak (4602) and highlighted low (27/04/04).

Resolution should tell us whether run is a rally in a down move or start of a new up move.

All eyes down . (but remember 1 day SMA is still up-so positive bias)

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
[Morning All,

The 1:1 ratio move up marked the top yesterday with 2 peak negative divergence RSI. Pullback to 100ema marked a long, especially with trendline support. Didn't take it..still in bed!!!

Short from bounce of Mullys downward trendline with a close stop in case we do manage to break through. Also added top channel line for upward target.

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    52.4 KB · Views: 244
mornin' all

Mully - only just realised that Bonsai has passed on the baton - it takes me just as long to identify
that the trend has changed!!. Thanks and well done for keeping it going. Like fin I hope more contribute
(perhaps those who don't see what they want here might say what they do want to see?). I've never been
sure if anyone's particularly interested in the candle posts I make, but I'll keep them going unless you
think otherwise. Will be out and about today tho' and a bit doubtful for rest of week (gotta get to grips
will the mile long grass after my absence). Thanks again.

good trading

jon