FTSE 100 - February 2005

closed my shorts too ealy at 5018, 5016 and 5000. Must learn to be patient, could have had a few more points like 30-40 from 5018 levels.

gullible said:
closed my shorts too ealy at 5018, 5016 and 5000. Must learn to be patient, could have had a few more points like 30-40 from 5018 levels.

G

Important thing is you came out ahead, learned and gained axperience - that's a pretty potent combination to build on.

My call - We are still firmly in the up-trend from August. Both the 60 and 90 min channels have broken down with price hovering between 50 and 200 PMA (neutralish but warning of weakening primary trend). If primary trend really IS weakening then the present retrace should have further to go before a meaningful bounce because it's still above channel mid-line and 40 and 50dma's. Also all my oscillators are still pointing down. Having said all that - I too have covered most of my short position (Euphoric news about RBOS, relief at US retrace yesterday and all that )

Funny how the perception of news changes isn't it? Oil back at $51 pb and it doesn't get so much as a mention any more after the perpetual daily panic though the summer.

bouncing from here today, then sideways friday (my favourite sort)

then a tidy drop on monday (possibly gap down) to reflect the Dow sell -off on friday afternoon.

will probably close my FTSE shorts on tuesday morning, if i get out of bed in time...

mornin' all -late on parade today.

It had it's look at 5000 then and trying for another peep, but there doesn't seem much enthusiasm behind it. Will wait and see.

good trading

jon

oops - that looks a bit of a stronger try now.

Bit like a climber on the Eiger. He lost his grip and slid way down yesterday and managed to clamber back to an overnight ledge to gather strength. Felt a bit better this morning and made a try for the more comfortable 5000mm ledge, just got his fingers hooked into it when peter, fc, gullible et al pulled on the rope and down he slithered back to temporary base camp. Undaunted he had another go but the demon trio tugged again just as he was reaching out. The third crash into his base camp ledge shook a few rocks loose and he scrabbled about for a few hours trying to make himself secure. But he was getting weaker all the time, couldn't hold his precarious grip and he slid further down 'til his fingernails jammed in a crack.

What will become of our hero tomorrow? Will his overnight Yankee Bar be enough to give him strength for another try or will the demon trio shake loose his fingernails to face the sheer drop below?

Da da da.

jon

Last edited:
snowing here - have to get the yellow ball out for tomorrow.

was half way through story when pressed wrong button (just like some of my trades :confused: ) finished it off now. Daa da da

Notwithstanding barjons lofty similie can ftse return above 5000?

Two days below 5000 and today's close at the low of day. Has the mood change from half full to half empty, maybe time for a bit of doom and gloom.

I suspect that unless the US can give a fillip to ftse, further falls are likely.

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
Notwithstanding barjons lofty similie can ftse return above 5000?

Two days below 5000 and today's close at the low of day. Has the mood change from half full to half empty, maybe time for a bit of doom and gloom.

I suspect that unless the US can give a fillip to ftse, further falls are likely.

Regards

bracke

bracke

that's the question I posed wasn't it :LOL: :LOL:

The two tries early on were fairly convincingly repulsed and that makes it a bigger obstacle. The demon trio and their cohorts seem to have a firm grip of the rope for now but they haven't got it tied off and anchored yet. As you say, much depends on over the pond - isn't that what a Special Relationship is all about?

good trading

jon

barjon said:
bracke

that's the question I posed wasn't it :LOL: :LOL:

The two tries early on were fairly convincingly repulsed and that makes it a bigger obstacle. The demon trio and their cohorts seem to have a firm grip of the rope for now but they haven't got it tied off and anchored yet. As you say, much depends on over the pond - isn't that what a Special Relationship is all about?

good trading

jon

My apologies barjon. I posted before I saw the additions to your post

Special Relationship - Is that where one tells the other what to do and the other does it if he knows what's good for him ?

I attach two charts for the discerning viewer.

Regards

bracke

Attachments

• untitled.jpg2.jpg
    untitled.jpg2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 204
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 188
bracke said:
My apologies barjon. I posted before I saw the additions to your post

Special Relationship - Is that where one tells the other what to do and the other does it if he knows what's good for him ?

I attach two charts for the discerning viewer.

Regards

bracke

bracke

mea culpa - shouldn't fire before ready should I.

'course we didn't quite take out yesterday's low (more by luck than judgement maybe) which is some small solace for bulls grabbing at straws and actually stayed withing yesterday's range - an inside day then ;) They are evil looking candles though, but I'll take 971 as a swing low IF it moves north which will give me a buy signal if 007 is passed. On the short side I expect there will be plenty waiting to jump in if 5000 is tested again.

good trading

jon

Attachments

• ftsethurs.gif
    ftsethurs.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 180
What happened to Bonsai, he used to post on the FTSE thread every day?

boy said:
What happened to Bonsai, he used to post on the FTSE thread every day?

What indeed - it was Bonsai who started the thread(s) and gave tremendous help and encouragement to allcomers. We either embarrassed him by voting him Member of the Month or he's made so much money he's off sunning himself on paradise island. He rarely made a bad call so it's probably the latter. Be nice to hear from him again.

peterpr said:
G

Important thing is you came out ahead, learned and gained axperience - that's a pretty potent combination to build on.

My call - We are still firmly in the up-trend from August. Both the 60 and 90 min channels have broken down with price hovering between 50 and 200 PMA (neutralish but warning of weakening primary trend). If primary trend really IS weakening then the present retrace should have further to go before a meaningful bounce because it's still above channel mid-line and 40 and 50dma's. Also all my oscillators are still pointing down. Having said all that - I too have covered most of my short position (Euphoric news about RBOS, relief at US retrace yesterday and all that )

Funny how the perception of news changes isn't it? Oil back at $51 pb and it doesn't get so much as a mention any more after the perpetual daily panic though the summer.

Peter,

Thank you for your kind comments, I just signed into T2W site, otherwise would have responded sooner.

Shorted again at 4990 level closed out when I saw the price trying to go up again, especially when DOW tried to break 700 again. May be I am learning.

My call:- being still a novice, do not have a basis to contribute but in time I shall contribute as well.

best regards

and good trading to all the members.