Free trading videos

Des
Having had time over the Christmas period to watch your videos, I wanted to add my appreciation for the time and trouble you are taking to help us with our trading.
I note that you have CCI, MACD and RSI indictors showing below your price charts and I am not sure what emphasis you put on them alongside your visual analysis of the price chart.
For example in some cases I notice that the CCI might be showing 'overbought' and the RSI +70 but presumably that would not deter you from opening a long position ?
With Best Wishes for 2005
Magnet

Magnet,
Thank you for your kind words. Indicators such as MACD, RSI, and CCI are simply used as gauges for me. For me, both price action and volume make or break an entry. The indicators show me divergences and sometimes builds a stronger case to enter, or not to enter. Ex. If a stock has great price action but suffers in volume then a deep oversold crossover in the MACD with an increasing RSI might cause me to enter regardless of whether volume is there or not. BTW, I only trade stocks with an average volume of 400,000 per day.

d-

PS. If you haven't done so yet, please see the top thread of the General Chat forum and vote for this year's best categories. Remember "Free Trading Videos" when you go. :) On another topic (but still the same category), you are able to also vote for this thread by itself. Just go to RATING at the top of this thread and rate it whatever you feel it deserves. Thanks. :)

Hot...hot...hot

HOT: I finally exited HOT today on heavy bearish volume. It's about time that this thing relaxed. It's made me $10.61 and I am hoping the stock stays strong enough to not drop too far below the 20dma so I can re-enter on a bounce. Soon as I see a reversal candle I'll set a trap just above that day's high. If it makes a newer high the next day--I want back in to play again. :)

d-

PS. BTW, to answer a question--I only mentor those in the US due to few wanting to fly half way around the world to see my ugly mug. Besides, unless you dig autoracing and basketball, Indiana isn't all that exciting of a place to warrant the long trip across the puddle.

Attachments

• Hot2.wmv
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,028
Last edited:
hi des....i voted in both cases for your contributions. thanx again.

would you be willing to mention which stocks you like to watch outside your screening/scanning software? everybody has those pet stocks that offer frequent trading opportunities. as a newbie and still paper trading, i want to add some names to quotetracker so i can watch the day to day movement.

roy in costa rica
originally from ohio

Reg

REG: Tripled my position today on this one. Already up $4.30 and looking for more.

Tamaroy, JumpOff, and PolonusUSA--Thank You for your kind words.

Tamaroy, we were almost neighbors when you were in Ohio. What's your line of work to cause you to be country jumping? Are you running from the law? ;)

PolonusUSA, I don't sell videos but I do teach an intense 4-day mentoring program for those that can make it to Indiana.

d-
*Cheap way of plugging my service* :cheesy:

Attachments

• Reg.zip
    626.9 KB · Views: 741
Tasr

TASR: This is another Symmetrical triangle example (much like the recent TZOO video). It pays to pay attention to these setups. Over $4 pop.

d-

Attachments

• TASR.wmv
    677.2 KB · Views: 1,335
Hi Des44,
Can you tell us, about how many hours or days do you usually keep a position open?
Thanks,
JO

I would think that this is a rhetorical question and not one that can be easily answered.

I would like to add my thanks to Des44 as I think that this has been of great use to those who position trade.

Paul

OK Paul, I'll be more specific and explain why I am asking. I not willing to move my current liquid assets around to start with the $25,000 minimum stake necessary to meet the US daytrading rules. It's why I've been looking at forex and futures and have only recently considered individual stocks. Des44's thread here and the T2W knowledge lab article:
http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/articles/general articles/why-trade-us-shares
has caused me to see individual stocks in a new light.

The benefits of scanning multiple stocks with some backtested criteria and just trading on the best opportunities seems light years ahead of sitting around waiting for a more limited set of non-stock instruments to setup. If I'm not at my screen when the high probability trade comes along, then my 'waiting for the setup' screen time has pretty much been wasted, no? Part of my evaluation of whether or not I want to put cash in a trading account has to do with the average $ per hour I can earn at this. I don't need to make any certain hourly wage immediately - I expect to pay my dues, - but I want to know that I can eventually grow my stake and get to where I want to be.

So If I use a method similar to the one Des44 is showing here, do I need to plan for a lot of days where I can't make an entry and have to sit aside (or trade a non-stock instrument ) because I've already had 2 or 3 daytrades in the last 5 days. (4 day trades over a 5 day period and its a margin call or an account closed)

I expect the trades that Des44 has posted so far are the 'best examples' out of many other trades we don't see. The best examples of what to do, and what not to do - and I thank him for it. Given my starting account size, I expect to only have 2 or 3 positions open at once. If his scanning and entry criteria give him average results of 1/3 of his trades being stopped out the same day, 1/3 closed at break even or profit the same day, and 1/3 let run for a couple of days before taking profit or loss, then I could only trade this system 1 out of every 5 days and stay clear of the daytrading resrictions.

I'm not saying that wouldn't be a useful thing to do, just trying to understand what all this means to me.

JO

Does this look like a Triangle trade?

Hi everyone :) Happy new year

does this look like a Triangle trade with the stock being pinched?

But where should the Buy Stop be in order to minimise whipsaws?

Attachments

• SH.JPG
    SH.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 598
Hi babymush
With all patterns it depends where you draw your lines, ideally you want as many points of contact as possible.
My interpretation of the chart is :-
It has been trading in a narrow range for the last ten days or so, on below average volume.
The no. of 'doji's' just confirms the indecision that exists.
It will eventually break one way or the other - since the beginning of November the trend has been upwards ( note : more white candles than black), which suggests more likelihood of a break to the upside.
I would want to see it above 1.12 on increased volume as a 'buy trap', and depending on your risk assessment perhaps a tight stop at 1.085.
My personal view, no investment advice intended.
regards magnet

Hello JumpOff,

It appears that my average time that I hold a stock is around one week. My next example will be a intra-day trade I made yesterday., however I want every swing trade I enter to turn into a long position trade. If they do, I am making a killer amount of money. BTW, I never hold losers or stationary stocks very long. I'll certainly allow my stocks to pullback within its uptrend, but as soon as it breaks its routine I am out.

Side note: I usually set buy orders (stops) for all my prospective stocks each night. If I find that I am utilizing a large portion of my trading capital already I will simply set alarms to go off if the stocks start to pop and will then allocate funds to those stocks when they do. This is the best way to keep your trading capital from being tied up and using the monies where you want them immediately. Remember, I only sit in front of my computer two hours during the opening bell and two hours (or longer) after the close.

Magnet, nice analysis in regards to BabyMush's question. I agree. Nice Find, BabyMush.

d-

Dcai

DCAI: This is a day trade I made yesterday bagging over $8 on a $20 stock.

BONUS: :cheesy: I offer a website and a tip for 2005 on this video.

d-

Attachments

• DCAI.zip
    549.3 KB · Views: 833
Hi Magnet

Thank you for the analysis. I was in that stock a few days ago and got out at a small profit as it has been sideways for quite some time and I did not want my capital to be stuck there.
I will take a look at it again :) and hope to catch it when it pops.

Thanks des - was learning from your great videos :)

des44 said:
Hello JumpOff,

It appears that my average time that I hold a stock is around one week. My next example will be a intra-day trade I made yesterday., however I want every swing trade I enter to turn into a long position trade. If they do, I am making a killer amount of money. BTW, I never hold losers or stationary stocks very long. I'll certainly allow my stocks to pullback within its uptrend, but as soon as it breaks its routine I am out.

Side note: I usually set buy orders (stops) for all my prospective stocks each night. If I find that I am utilizing a large portion of my trading capital already I will simply set alarms to go off if the stocks start to pop and will then allocate funds to those stocks when they do. This is the best way to keep your trading capital from being tied up and using the monies where you want them immediately. Remember, I only sit in front of my computer two hours during the opening bell and two hours (or longer) after the close.

Magnet, nice analysis in regards to BabyMush's question. I agree. Nice Find, BabyMush.

d-

Ascl

ASCL: Here is one I lost money on. This was a breakout (opportunity) that failed.

The idea is to find a style for playing breakouts that fits you. As you'll hear me say at the end of this video, it's important to trade the same way each and every time regardless whether it's a winner or loser afterwards. Don't keep changing your strategy. People dig themselves huge holes by over "tweaking" their system. Get to the place where you're certain that your strategy will win you more than you lose and stick with that strategy. Only micro-tweak when absolutely necessary. Let your journal help you make decisions on tweaking. For those who actually keep a journal--you know what I am saying.

Losing trades are a certainty. Know that you will have losers--know it like you know that you'll get your credit card bill next month. If it's expected it doesn't weigh heavy on your emotions like it would if it hits you unexpectedly. Take emotions out of this game--the faster you do this the better. This keeps you from getting down and wanting to kick your pet.

Side Note:
Also know on breakouts that it's impossible to calculate a risk/reward ratio. This is because there is no resistance level to give you a potential reward point. So play your strategy to how much you are willing to "risk" for the setup that the stock presents to you. If it's a strong bullish opportunity then you might risk more by setting your stop a bit lower--like I did on this large candlestick. For me, I usually set my stop below the low of the day I entered the stock and leave it there until the stock gives me a higher swing-low and I'll move my stop just below that area.

d-

Attachments

• ASCL.zip
    518.5 KB · Views: 725
N.Y. Pic

If I listened to someone's voice for this long I would wonder what the guy looked like. Well, here's your chance to see my ugly mug with my wife while visiting N.Y. :cool:

d-

PS. BTW, let me know if you like the smaller .ZIP files over the easier .WMV files. The .ZIP is smaller but it takes opening an extra window or two to see it. Please respond by email or PM (not a post, Thx).

Attachments

• NY Stock Bull.jpg
    NY Stock Bull.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
As with all traders Paul, I think they're on the horns of a dilemma.

Des - nice photo.

Dcai

DCAI: This is one that I entered prematurely on a BO trap that I had set. It touched the days high and then retreated south again. It's building a nice ascending triangle base and should BO soon. At least, this is my hope. ;)

d-

Attachments

• DCAI2.wmv
    685.7 KB · Views: 1,325
Joe

JOE: Beautiful swing highs and swing lows bouncing off of the rising 20DMA. Hope to enter on the next trading day if it makes a higher high.

Attachments

• JOE.wmv
    2 MB · Views: 1,162