Free trading videos

I never buy blind. What I mean is I always set traps (buy stops) in those places I want to enter. I want things showing me that they're going UP. My goal is to hitch a ride on anything heading to the stars. ;)

d-

Last edited:
So I believe your buy stop will be at the high of the previous bar tomorrow - Oh how I wish I was trading US stocks hehe then I can learn more ;p

But never mind . I will learn and port it over to my Singapore market. :)

des44 said:
I never buy blind. What I mean is I always set traps (buy stops) in those places I want to enter. I want things showing me that they're going UP. My goal is to hitch a ride on anything heading to the starts. ;)

d-

Des have found your videos very interesting as sure many have. As someone who also tries to trade breakouts... you dont appear to have many examples of "false" breakouts... how often do you experience these and how do you deal with these in terms of stops... where do you tend to put your initial stop when hoping for a breakout????

To make life a little easier, I've set up all the different video formats as valid attachment types.

So in future, you should have no problem uploading any of the standard video formats including .wmv, .avi, .mpg, .ram, .mov, .mpeg.

Hi des,
Nice work with this thread mate. Got a question for you. As an intraday trader it's really easy to find intraday setups to trade as most basic scans will pick up high volume movers, and price changes, and all the news feeds will be talking about the "movers and shakers" But how do you find new trade setups?

Man, Sharky posts on this site and this threads "Views" shoot up almost 75% within 24 hours. Crazy. BTW, Thanks for the words of encouragement.
DESKPRO said:
Des have found your videos very interesting as sure many have. As someone who also tries to trade breakouts... you dont appear to have many examples of "false" breakouts... how often do you experience these and how do you deal with these in terms of stops... where do you tend to put your initial stop when hoping for a breakout????
Yes, I certainly experience false BOs. My stop is always just below the previous day's low...AND I leave it there until the BO makes a higher swing-low. I'll then move my stop under the newer swing-low to preserve profits. It takes guts to sit on your hands and be disciplined enough to allow your stock the room to run. Thx for posting.

Sharky said:
To make life a little easier, I've set up all the different video formats as valid attachment types.

So in future, you should have no problem uploading any of the standard video formats including .wmv, .avi, .mpg, .ram, .mov, .mpeg.
You're the man. Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

TheBramble said:
I've got one of me in the bath. Anyone interested?
YES! Lay it on us.

roguetrader said:
Hi des,
Nice work with this thread mate. Got a question for you. As an intraday trader it's really easy to find intraday setups to trade as most basic scans will pick up high volume movers, and price changes, and all the news feeds will be talking about the "movers and shakers" But how do you find new trade setups?
I use the software TradeCenter in conjunction with a scanner called TradeSeeker. I will review roughly 200 charts a night looking for my favorite setups. The nice thing is--I have all night to do so. There are no time restraints after-hours, which is total freedom. Matter of fact, I barely even glance at the markets and my stocks throughout the day. That's my play time. I'll put in an hour in the morning during the opening bell and then two hours each night after the closing bell. If I am bored and at home, I'll do some intra-day trading, but I found out that the return on my time investment is much better spent in the before and after market times. I am sure everyone is different, but that's my story.

d-
*Des wonders if he'll even place on the "Best Thread 2004 Awards?*

Ncrx

This WMV file format should work now.
d-

Attachments

• NCRX.wmv
    671.6 KB · Views: 1,950
Last edited:
I've been able to view the files until now. This is (part of) what I get now.!
robq

0&²uŽfϦ٪bÎlØ¡Ü«ŒG©ÏŽäÀ Seh�'vöC;G¬¶ãqžÖÕÌj~ ì

[Mod's Note: Shortened this to stop it distorting the page]

Des - I can unzip the wmv files but when I launch them, Winows Media Player says "Attempting to download codec" and then fails. I can hear the audio but get no video. Have you seen this before?

My fault.. I hadn't set the new attachment up correctly!

All fixed now. Nevertheless its probably best to upload them as zip files, because the size is significantly shorter, and then there's no chance of a problem with viewing it in your browser.

des33, there's definately something wrong with that last .wmv you uploaded - maybe it didn't upload fully.

Hi, Thank You very much for your videos they are very helpful,,, you are a great teacher please put more of your future trades let's do it together - You're the best - You should make a training video I would buy it in the second....
Thanks again....

hey des thanks so much for your incredible contributions. we love you here in costa rica, panama and colombia!

and happy new year!

Hi des44,
I've finally had a moment to watch your vids. Excellent! Even traders who are not interested in individual stocks will benefit. Many of your observations apply to other instruments as well. Thanks for taking the time to post these.

JO

TZOO screw up

TZOO: This is one I missed out on due to not setting an alarm to notify me once it broke the symmetrical triangle. Stocks hate to be pinched, and when they do get pinched they like to pop out one way or the other.

Attachments

• TZOO.wmv
    546.1 KB · Views: 1,451
  • TZOO.zip
    301 KB · Views: 571
Last edited: