Free Property investment seminar

shadowninja

Legendary member
:rolleyes:

I see our old friends at wininvesting.co.uk are encouraging LBC (radio station) listeners to part with their hard-earned money. Just heard a new advert.

i'm waiting for their masterclass on china equity investment when the bubble pops :rolleyes:

"My name's Darren. With the help of WinInvesting, I bought 450 properties in China. So please buy a copy of Big Issue from me!"

They sound like thoroughly nice and helpful ladies and gentlemen, definitely the sort the world needs more of.

Are they full service, ie is it OK if I just tell them how much money I want to have by what date, and then just forward them my account number so they can transfer the funds to me ?

That would be nice.

Shall we start with a cool million to begin with, round number and all that ? That should sort out some initial residential, car, watch, wining, dining and clubbing issues for a bit, particularly seeing as how you can always go back to them for more.

Start smallish I'd say, what, demanding 450 properties in China from the get-go would make me feel a bit on the greedy half of the equation (@_@)

On the face of it, 450 properties is a lot, but it all depends on which bit of China you bought them in.

I mean, are we talking 450 of these:
china-forbidden-city.jpg

or 450 of these:
1470740-Old_Chinese_hut-Arrowtown.jpg

Reactions: BSD
I bet a lot of people who go to these crappy courses find out that it's almost impossible to get mortgages these days, you know, put almost nothing down and borrow the rest.

I'd also advise anyone who does go on this property course or any of the other 'how to easily make money with property' courses to look very very very very closely into the realtionships between everyone involved, ie what connections does the course provider have with the new build property developer, the solicitors they'll put you in contact with, the mortgage brokers who will only be 'too happy' to talk with you etc, basically everyone that you'll be introduced to.

Chances are that they're all in it together and each taking a big cut (and then passing this around to each other) at YOUR expense.

For example, there are A LOT of cases with these courses we're the poor sods who've gone on them have been sold property on say a 20% 'discount' but the trouble is they were around 20% overpriced to start with, so NO DISCOUNT only potential losses...........

Let’s consider the economics for the thatched cottage (around £400,000 if it was in the Cotswolds).

I reckon 4 Eastern European workers comfortably at £100 pw each = £400. Now put bunk beds in and thus double the number = £800 pw

Assume working 8-hour shifts, this means while 1 lot is sleeping, a second lot can be working, therefore double up = £1600 pw (shame we have a spare 8-hour shift wasted).

What to do at weekends (assuming they’re not working)? Send them begging or shoplifting. Take a percentage..

Grant.

Grant - Yes, that's the way to do Buy to Let, not rent your property out to some nice young businessman etc.

Minimize the individual personal rent levels but maximize the amount of beds. Everyone wins, no?

Anley,

And you're also breaking down old Eastern bloc preconceptions.

Grant.

Yep, I bet you're right. It is scary that these people are all too happy to let innocent people get into serious debt.

Isn't that exactly what the current euphemistically termed sub-prime credit crisis that originated in the USA but is affecting all of us all over the globe by now is all about ?

Banks and their highly qualified fundamental analysts feeling it's a great and, above all, sustainable business model to sell credit to people who cant't afford it, and then re-sell said bad credits to other banks who feel equally enthusiastic about this grand new business innovation ?

It is scary that these people are all too happy to let innocent people get into serious debt.

NO, NO NO!

These (crappy) course sellers want you, 'the man in the street' to be rich, earn a second income, quit the rate race, and my personal favourite 'spend more time with your loved ones'.

They're on YOUR side:LOL::LOL::LOL:

PS. I cannot belive that Doji Darren's property course is still a viable option for him but then I'm sure he's tweaked his marketing so as to 'profit from the coming slump in property'.

Same rubbish, different angle and all yours for £4,000 but if you sign up in the next hour they'll do you a special price for only £2,500 :)

NO, NO NO!

These (crappy) course sellers want you, 'the man in the street' to be rich, earn a second income, quit the rate race, and my personal favourite 'spend more time with your loved ones'.

They're on YOUR side:LOL::LOL::LOL:

PS. I cannot belive that Doji Darren's property course is still a viable option for him but then I'm sure he's tweaked his marketing so as to 'profit from the coming slump in property'.

Same rubbish, different angle and all yours for £4,000 but if you sign up in the next hour they'll do you a special price for only £2,500 :)

:LOL:

I got hold of some free videos from one of these courses. It was the entire seminar video'd and put on 5 tapes or so. Thing is, at least with the trading courses you'd probably need to read a couple of books on technical analysis before you understood the entire course content. With these property courses, anybody who didn't know any of the course content already must really be a bit.....erm.....academically challenged :cheesy: