Win Investing...... Free training?

Wininvesting sounds like they know something that can make money and they are charging you to find out what that something is.

Either that or their marketing has got ya..........

Look closely behind the company and their products and you might agree with what some have been saying for a long time about all the get-rich-easy seminar vendors - that they're a marketing company who sell trading courses (because fear and greed always sells very well), rather than a trading company that happens to market a trading course.

There's a massive difference.

I did Win seminar and Master class which all together cost me in the region of £5000 (!)
Was it worth it? Overall impression is that is was way too much to learn about support and resistance and bull flags. At the end of the 3 days seminar, they ask you to call your credit card provider to ask for a credit limit increase as a confidence building exercise but shortly afterwards you are asked to fork out £3000+ for the next seminar . No denying organisation is good but way too pricey . Wouldnt be surprised id 90% of participants give up trading or lose money after attending seminar.I have bought stuff from Ezeetrader which are much cheaper and give more info , very happy with it.

Jon

You've been dealing with marketers, not traders and there's a massive difference. The company is therefore only interested in trying to milk you for more money which is why they always hold something back but then buy the next product and something again will be held back.

Sorry anyway to hear about your loss of £5,000.

I did Win seminar and Master class which all together cost me in the region of £5000 (!)
Was it worth it? Overall impression is that is was way too much to learn about support and resistance and bull flags. At the end of the 3 days seminar, they ask you to call your credit card provider to ask for a credit limit increase as a confidence building exercise but shortly afterwards you are asked to fork out £3000+ for the next seminar . No denying organisation is good but way too pricey . Wouldnt be surprised id 90% of participants give up trading or lose money after attending seminar.I have bought stuff from Ezeetrader which are much cheaper and give more info , very happy with it.

When I read posts where people say they have paid over 5k for training , I just wonder, how much, their trading pot is going to be. After all training can be considered start up costs in this business, bearing in mind that this is a business with low barriers to entry, comparable to starting up a window cleaning round not starting a pharmecutical company.
Effectively your start up costs should not be more than 10% at most with such a low entry to barrier business.
So When someone spends 5k just on training I can only assume they are going to have a trading pot of at least 50k to 100k.
I don't know about about shares, you wil have to ask someone like Richard (Mr Charts) about that, but with forex, I never have more than 10 k my trading account and this makes me a very comfortable living.

In effect I wonder how much people are expecting to trade and make after going on these seminars and courses?

I think most of these Seminars can act as a good filter for new traders.. if you are nieve enough to swallow the "call your credit card provider to ask for a credit limit increase as a confidence building exercise" line then I dont think trading is going to be for you.. you have to be very cynical to survive in this game.. much better off spending the 5k actually trading and learning from your losses!.there are a few brokers out there that will give you free basic training (what is support.resistance,trend lines etc..).. i get a bit wound up when I see these Win Investing adverts but they have been around for years now so obviosly keep finding new punters!

The Internet should have elimated every 'investment' scam by now. Every time I see a course/software/boiler room mentioned here I just copy and paste it into google and add the word 'scam'. In a few seconds you'll have your answer. The sad thing is that people are so blinded by their own greed that they'd rather believe the scammers than believe someone who tells them it's a scam. As for Winters here's just one hit from google
http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/05/win-investing-adverts-were-mis.html

I now have made the 5K back in trading profit within 2 years.
It got me started but could have learned it all with a mentor or books/CDs.

Jon.

I now have made the 5K back in trading profit within 2 years.
It got me started but could have learned it all with a mentor or books/CDs.

Jon.

Well that's good news Jon.

But interesting isn't it that it took you 2 years to make back the money when the marketing of all these shysters suggests people can make that sort of cash every month like clockwork. .

Not picking on you by any means just trying to put in an objective post so others don't think it's possible to take a course and then be pulling in the big money within a few months.

Well that's good news Jon.

But interesting isn't it that it took you 2 years to make back the money when the marketing of all these shysters suggests people can make that sort of cash every month like clockwork.

They are very good at selling the picture that you will be trading on a tropical beach with laptop within 3 month.
The only setups they give you are break of trend line/ breakout type but without much details on entry/exit/ profit taking.
It is fait to say they do not give an accurate representation of what real trading is like for a beginner by hardly mentioning losing trades, losing streaks, emotional aspect, and the fact that as a beginners it might take 1 to 2 years practice before achieving success.

Hello all, I'm just posting as I am thinking of getting back into the trading after a spell 4 years ago. Started with WIN and will be as objective as I can.

I went on two of his courses back in 2006, the second being the Master Traders course at a hotel in Guernsey or Jersey, I forget right now, I must have paid £5k for both and got a lot of stuff, basically course support materials on charts, technical & fundamentals, Equities, Options, FX etc and strategies.

They also encourage you to join the Investors Club, group together for study, sharing tips and generally keeping going as they said so many people don't follow through, it IS hard to keep going till you find a decent strategy or system that works for you. I felt they could have "cut & run" as they had our money but the trainers (Darren doesn't do that much) really did stress the importance of discipline, trader psychology, testing strategies with paper trades and answer any questions at any time, day or evening. So heartless scamsters is a label I'd find hard to pin on them. Some of the speakers at the first course were pure motivational speakers they get you into the right mentality (Anthony Robbins style) to believe you can succeed (generally) and there's no harm in that I think.

I suppose it's true they essentially give you all the information you could get yourself from books, but you could learn just about anything that way given the time so a course is just an easier (and much pricier) option, the quality of the course is important, I couldn't rate either way as I was a newbie and hadn't been on any others. Having been to trading exhibitions with free workshops and the like I'd say they hold their own but again, I'm nowhere near an expert and the workshops didn't offer anything more.

It was easy to get into the markets as you get a list of recommended brokers etc and get fair warning of the risks and are strongly advised on testing your strategies paper trading first. I would say of course it IS possible to make money trading the markets but to make a LOT? I'm not sure they gave me enough but there were another 3 courses and a mentorship programme, all for about £12k which I couldn't afford.

Speaking to others that did do them they were told more/better tips and strategies, so the more you pay the more you get. They do put you onto the Investors Club (£30 a month) which is run by EzeeTraders who don't give it the big sell but I found very honest and helpful. I would steer people in their direction for sensible trading advice (not tips as they try to get you to learn)

I spent a lot of money and worked very hard to make a success of things as I was out of work at the time, I didn't lose money in the markets just about made a small profit but just couldn't generate enough to make the whole enterprise worthwhile. To replace a salary of around £2k a month trading at just 5% profit I'd need a £40k capital investment.. I just didn't have it. I believe I can trade to financial independence (just like everyone on here I guess) but have grown up a little and recognise it's not going to happen overnight like WIN tell you.

To summarise, They give you all the tools you need and enough training to get started but at too high a price and I feel not enough advice on which ones are the best, EzeeTraders are better as they tell you how, why and when to use them plus they offer CD's, webinars and the like for around £15-£20 which isn't bad (they are a business after all). I trust EzeeTraders and tried to pin them down on Darren, they wouldn't agree WIN was dodgy but they do benefit from people coming to them from him. WIN get you started but EzeeTraders are where you can really learn I think. So.. Should you do the WIN courses? Probably not.

Ps. I got an email the other day from Darren saying he was retiring and looking to personally mentor 34 people to a minimum of £100k in one year, only £2k up front and another £4k over 5 months.. Sound too good to be true? It usually is in my experience..

Darren Winters' company WIN Investing LLP went bust in 2009?

It's worth reading this article from Insolvency News, together with the accompanying comments:

http://www.insolvencynews.com/article/show/WIN-Investing-to-enter-voluntary-arrangement

This was the second time round for Winters as you may recall if you followed my thread entitled 'Darren Winters - A software Company' in which I helped to put this odious little scroat on the road to Carey Street. Thanks are also due to Tony Levene at the Guardian for exposing Winters and the fictional nature of his claims in the national newspapers.

The rest as they say is history!

Cheers

Mayfly

PS - What happened to this thread BTW, Paul?

The first thing I ever did in my trading career was sit in a free WIN INVESTING seminar. 3 years later I am a professional trader and coach for a prop firm.

btw i didnt take the WIN course but it got me interested.

I attended the 2006 seminar too - looking back now i would say all the information they provide you with is on the internet for free but I'm still glad i attended the course as it sparked a keen interest in me.

shortly after the last seminar, I dropped college, worked at a stockbroking firm for 10 months and then joined a prop firm making back the cost of the seminars many times over in my first year.

WIN just organised a lot of info in a structured way and presented it to the punters (fairly well IMO)
Who know what i would be doing now if i hadn't heard the WIN radio advert 4 years ago =)

Win now call themselves the wealth training company. They were at the Fx investor show last week, same old bollox on how much FUN trading can be. Winters has even offered a "Strategy" on how to make profits even if you have more losers than winners. What a fckuing creep. He is far below EEZEE PEEZEE boys kevin and kim xxxxx.
If anyone wants to know how to do make money like this PM me. It is dead easy.

hardly mentioning losing trades, losing streaks, emotional aspect, and the fact that as a beginners it might take 1 to 2 years practice before achieving success.

Those pesky facts get in the way of selling the courses :cheesy:

Let the poor people find out about the harsh and brutal reality of trading once their money has been handed over.......

The first thing I ever did in my trading career was sit in a free WIN INVESTING seminar. 3 years later I am a professional trader and coach for a prop firm.

btw i didnt take the WIN course but it got me interested.

good for you

I attended the 2006 seminar too - looking back now i would say all the information they provide you with is on the internet for free but I'm still glad i attended the course as it sparked a keen interest in me.

shortly after the last seminar, I dropped college, worked at a stockbroking firm for 10 months and then joined a prop firm making back the cost of the seminars many times over in my first year.

WIN just organised a lot of info in a structured way and presented it to the punters (fairly well IMO)
Who know what i would be doing now if i hadn't heard the WIN radio advert 4 years ago =)

good for you