ForexMorningTrade System

FMT for me this morning, (45-35-25-5), Forex.Com-UK

6:15 start, long signal, hit TP +35 pips
6:30 start, long signal, hit TP +35 pips
6:45 start, long signal, hit TP +35 pips

total today +105 pips..

weekly total +254 pips..

good luck tomorrow !

Finally, full TP. I shouldn't complain, only 1 loss this week. Using the new settings Mark sent. I'm gonna trade Friday, is anybody else? If I had a good reason not to trade I could be talked out of it.
Happy Easter all.

Actually if it was a 'no trade' signal tomorrow and Monday we'd all feel a bit better for not trading !!!

The £ is now its highest since November 2009. Much of this is due to an improvement in UK high street sales which might be seen by some as justification for an earlier rise to interest rates.

Dollar isn't looking good still. I'm keeping an eye on cnbc tonight. Might put the EA for long or short only to add an extra filter just for tomorrow.

Any issue trading Good Friday?????
I for one will not be trading, due to it being Good Friday, the volume and liquidity might be low due to majority of banks not being open..Just my 2 cents, for what it is worth..Also it is the same reason Monday for me is a no trade day. It would be great to see if during last year, these dates were positive, or negative, on our trading. Just like during Christmas,(lesson learned, the hard way), liquidity was not there for our trades...Just my 2 cents.:confused:

Last edited:
At 06.00 to 07.00 starts, not a problem, but if you try trading say 20 lots or more much before then I find my broker can't give instant execution and it goes round for quotes and offers me a deal with a few seconds to accept or reject. No good for EAs!
This is an issue that many of us will soon face.

Barebud, do you refer to balances of £20k or $20k ?

Wiseambitions, I anticipate being in the £20k area before too long and I expect (and hope) to be dealing in larger lot sizes. I use the EA as otherwise I would need to be up at an unearthly hour each morning. What is your opinion about the upper limit for each trade in £s risked before running into the instant execution problem you describe?

One solution would be split the funds and trades between several brokers.

Hi,

I am also at Tadawul FX and my EA worked well and hit tp +35 pips.

3PO

Thanks for the response 3PO. I just switched over to Hammy's method using three different charts and I think I may have forgotten to change the magic numbers for each one, which would probably cause errors. I'll have to check when I get home.

For what it's worth, I'm attaching a chart of last year's trades in the Easter period. The middle line is Good Friday (lower volumes), where I have no trade on my data, using the current 6:15 UK entry setting. The signal on the left is the Thursday, where we can see that volumes are still good compared to the two preceding days. The signal on the right is the holiday Monday, where volumes are not yet up to normal. Tues 6 Apr show a signal on volumes back to normal.

Even though I'm using the Alpari UK platform for this, the data source is dukas ticks, which are on constant GMT, hence the 5:15 trade instead of the usual 7:15 Alpari UK time.

Volumes will differ among brokers, but it's the relative difference between those days that matters.

Having said all that, I'm personally trading all days anyway.

Good trading everyone.

Al

Attachments

• Volumes.PNG
    Volumes.PNG
    118.6 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
OK so trading the 10/40, no B/E strategy: @06:15 and @06:30

From 25 August 2010 to 3 December 2010 this is what I have found so far: (3 months is not enough data to tell the whole picture but Im not testing December and at present dont feel like doing Jan to April of this year at the moment).

Just thought Id share what I have found: 06:15am v 06:30am Start time

1) Firstly it does seem as if 06:15 generally (not always) but generally gets a better entry price more often.
2)However, from what I have gone through trading at 06:30am has produced the better results.
3)06:30 ended with 400 pips and 06:15 ended with 280 pips. I worked it out by adding/subtracting 13 pips to opening price of the start time candle. (3 pips covers the spread which usually varies bt 2 & 2.5)

Findings on days where results differ are:

07.09.2010 -- 06:15 10 pips, 06:30 (-40 pips)

27.09.2010 -- 06:15 (-40), 06:30 10

07.10.2010 -- 06:15 (NT), 06:30 10

08.10.2010 -- 06:15 (NT), 06:30 10

21.10.2010 -- 06:15 (-40), 06:30 10

25.10.2010 -- 06:15 (-40), 06:30 10

26.10.2010 -- 06:15 (NT), 06:30 10

28.10.2010 -- 06:15 (NT), 06:30 10

29.10.2010 -- 06:15 10, 06:30 (NT)

03.11.2010 -- 06:15 10, 06:30 (NT)

ON above days -- 06:15 (-90), 06:30(30), difference = 120 pips. On all other days, accoring to my findings, trades were equal.

Slightly off topic but something brought up a couple days back was the possibility of Trading the New Standard/Hammy FMT settings at 06:30am when 06:15 produced a No Ttrade and 06:30 produced a signal.

From the above we can see this happened on four occasions on the 07, 08, 26, & 28.10.2010. You will be happy to know that all of them ended up being a winner.
The 28th was borderline to take us into a BE then almost stopped us out but the 45 SL kept us in to eventually hit TP.

Have a good Weekend Folk. I may be on the forum tommorrow but will not be trading.

Last edited:
I will share the results of my manual backtest of the new setup. For the last three weeks, the results are actually from observed trades while following Hammy's results and double checking on my own platform.

The 06:15 results are quite a bit better than the previous default 06:30 setting, so I'm going with it. (I know Mark has said this, but I only trust my own work). Thanks to Hammy for the great idea. The 2010 results give me a warm and fuzzy because they show good consistency. By my data, there is no way that I can get more than 595 pips this year on 06:15, except that Alpari UK will about once monthly take a Monday trade that doesn't happen on my platform, so it may have collected two or three more winners by my count.

Truth is, a lot of settings work around this 06:30 timeframe, which is another good indicator of how robust the system is.

Best to all

Hi Coral, thanks for sharing your results. :)

Hi guys, I'm new here.
I just bought FMT, however I'm unable to login. (After entering the user and pw, it kept returning to the same login page)
Please help! Thanks alot!

*I know this is not the technical section but any help would be greatly appreciated!*

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm new here.
I just bought FMT, however I'm unable to login. (After entering the user and pw, it kept returning to the same login page)
Please help! Thanks alot!

*I know this is not the technical section but any help would be greatly appreciated!*
you might already be logged in and not know it.

in the bottom lower right corner there should be some number of kb listed there. If there is, you are logged in already.

you might already be logged in and not know it.

in the bottom lower right corner there should be some number of kb listed there. If there is, you are logged in already.

Thanks for the reply! But I'm not logged in =((
It still keeps returning back to login page and there's nothing at the bottom right corner.

*A change of internet browser solve the problem! =))*

Last edited:
I will share the results of my manual backtest of the new setup. For the last three weeks, the results are actually from observed trades while following Hammy's results and double checking on my own platform.

The 06:15 results are quite a bit better than the previous default 06:30 setting, so I'm going with it. (I know Mark has said this, but I only trust my own work). Thanks to Hammy for the great idea. The 2010 results give me a warm and fuzzy because they show good consistency. By my data, there is no way that I can get more than 595 pips this year on 06:15, except that Alpari UK will about once monthly take a Monday trade that doesn't happen on my platform, so it may have collected two or three more winners by my count.

Truth is, a lot of settings work around this 06:30 timeframe, which is another good indicator of how robust the system is.

Best to all

Hi Coral, great work, really appreciated, Your stats prove that if we get a No Trade at 06H15 then 06H30 is just as profitable. I really like the idea of being able to trade 2 start times if the first one is a No Trade. Must add to our profitability I'm sure. (y)

snip
Best to all

Thanks coral. I think there may be a calculation error in the Pips result for 6.45 for 2010. With 93 full winners and 38 full losers and a few break-evens, a Pips figure in the 400s seems to low, unless I am misunderstanding the table somehow.

cheers,

mcclaine

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Good forum.
I did have a question… I use the automated EA, and had noticed trades that the EA made some 45-60 minutes prior to the 06:15 London-open trade window.
I use FXDD broker, and followed the recommendation setting in the appendix of the manual (as well as confirming myself) for the FX Morning Trade indicator (i.e., I set indicator to 08:30 start… actually have it set to 08:15 now as per the new recommendation) - because the time on my MT4 program is two hours ahead of London (UK) time presently. However, it was executing trades at 07:30 on my MT4 program (which actually equals 05:30 UK time)??
The trades still were still successful, but I might not be so lucky next time if there is an error.
Do you think there is an error in the program or have I perhaps set it up incorrectly?
Have other people reported this? Or, is that simply how the EA trades?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

happy Easter to all , I will trade tomorrow if I get the signal
will have two entry times on demo MT 4 Alpari UK : 6.15 and 6.30

Last edited: