ForexMorningTrade System

My Alpari demo account EA took a long trade, but my live SML account EA didn't even though manual template is saying long. Experts tab say's no signal or current day is same as last day: 18-1000. Anyone had any problems with SLM today?

Me too, something a bit odd this morning, FMT indicates LONG but the EA has not triggered and sys NT at the bottom left. Have never seen this happen before:confused:

anyone noticed that Mark is not updating the Trading Journal since last friday? Maybe is losing confidence in the system that he doesnt post the (bad) results

Also long today. Can anyone explain how to manually use the long candle filter - I trade manually at the moment... How long must the candle be and how far back do you go?

Stats for 05-17-2011

Live Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, FXSolutions..., No Trade...., 0.0, Stats since 11-08-2010: Total= -122.0
6:15 UK Time, IBFX.........., No Trade...., 0.0, Stats since 01-04-2011: Total= +87.5
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, No Trade...., 0.0, Stats since 03-01-2011: Total= -146.3

Demo Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, No Trade...., 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +186.9
6:15 UK Time, FXCM.........., No Trade...., 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +261.9
6:15 UK Time, Alpari(US)...., No Trade...., 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +220.4
6:15 UK Time, FXDD.........., No Trade...., 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +144.7

Notes:

All pip totals include slippage
FXSolutions is the only dealing desk broker

Last edited:
Out 40SL...this system is going down the toilet and is almost now being proven as a statistical fluke. For anyone who didnt trade with the Long candle filter this is just probably a fluke, unless someone can show me any analysis that proves the long candle filter works.

Hi Scoot, do you have the long candle filter ON?

Good luck in your trade.

Hi Deserteagle, yes but not clear what parameters it works to? I have had some surprising results with it? How recent does the long candle need to be to qualify? Is it a percentage of the long candle to the candle prior to 'trade/no trade'?

I am out now anyway -38 fortunately reduced risk!

Thanks for your support.

Out 40SL...this system is going down the toilet and is almost now being proven as a statistical fluke. For anyone who didnt trade with the Long candle filter this is just probably a fluke, unless someone can show me any analysis that proves the long candle filter works.

I agree , next they will do a back test you know after the fact, and come up with another filter why this trade did not work. So far we have seen trade times change, stops made wilder, and now we have an idea not to trade on Wednesday’s.

Its like we people go to church, when something goes wrong its “their fault” when something goes right its “God looking out for them”. Never that it was just a domed system.

Break’s down to about a 7 pip gain per day, simple math just look at the trade Log from start to current day, its only 7 pips ,AND BREAK TO THE DOWN SIDE at present.

But do not worry the lovers of FMT, will do more back testing and as for the Long candle filter check back on this thread when a trade was taken and see how many user never once mention the LCF when it should have stopped the trade, its only now they mention it because they are looking for an excuse in their mind not to trade.

As all here know, I have been using FMT successfully for quite a long time and been profitable until recently.

I have to now sadly admit that I am disabling the live account until such time as we can see some consistency.

Does not mean that I am bailing out and throwing in the towel, just simple asset protection until I regain confidence in the system.

Will leave demo account running and monitor closely before jumping back in.

Appreciate that this may not be the "correct" approach but each must set ones target pain threshold and stick by that personal decision.
:cry:

Someone up there has got it in for us.

The most basic rules of FMT were satisfied for a long at starting time this morning
Same would apply to a competitor system which says go long if the 40MA in 15m is rising,
and for another strategy which says buy if price is above 63 hour EMA.

LCF was only introduced comparatively recently -And is only available to people using the EA
FMT was originally a manual system, the EA was developed after the system was devised and offered really as a freebie when the system was marketed
Yet the EA is probably the cause of most cries for help within this forum and to MF directly.

8.25 AM BST, anyone with SL of less than 45 who traded will have been knocked out

And I bet it goes back up now