Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our traders today construct intraday trades around Fx sentiment strong:nzd,aud,eur. weak chf, yen,gbp and usd. sideways to weak cad

Last edited:
out for +20

here is the signal on the chart
euro.gif

just gone long on usd/chf...first swing for me since feb 16th on this pair..filled at 9310..stop at recent low also the yearly low of 9200

Last edited by a moderator:
any of you guys do well on the Euro spike?

I was in well before the spike, euro broke out of strong resistance yesterday, and I'm holding it for a swing trade up to 4200 ( hopefully ), so at one point I was up 100 pips. still holding.

If euro gets to 200 pips and swissy gets 200 pips my account will be in the black by a couple of bucks. I started out with 200 US overtraded it down to 50 bucks and over the course of a few months have brought it back up where it is now. On the cusp of B/E. I fully intend for this to be my living one day, so after my account is back in the black I'm going to dedicate 10% of every paycheck to my account. Long term investment. I clear 1000 a paycheck and get paid bi-weekly. So 2600 US a year in my account. So my long term goal is to put 10,000 in an account over the next 4 years and trade full time for myself sometime within the next 10 years. Even if it takes 10 years to accomplish I'll only be 48 with a lot of time and life left.
I don't know if it will happen, I might move from micro-lots to mini and blow the account, I might go from mini-lots to full lots and blow it. All I know it when I open my charts and look at them I no longer feel confused, frustrated, worried, or anxious.

I am now doing things they say you shouldn't be doing: Curve fitting. I have gone thru my last 300 trades or so and have tried to find as many consistent similarity/differences as I could between my winners and losers.

I have seen things that I cannot explain fundamentally. for eg my indicator on some of my best winning trades seem to curve a certain way!! So I am rejecting signals where although my conditions are met, but I just dont like the shape of an indicator :D

So I am sticking to those set ups only. Served me well so far. Seem to find them more on stocks these days.