Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Leapard what factors do you use when you say you measure "sentiment"?

It is a detailed and weighted quatitative model that combines how a single currency trades with each and every other currency that determines the internal sentiment of a single currency..much like US$ index for every other major. But then US$ index considers basket of only 6 majors while our model consider 15 currencies!

It is a detailed and weighted quatitative model that combines how a single currency trades with each and every other currency that determines the internal sentiment of a single currency..much like US$ index for every other major. But then US$ index considers basket of only 6 majors while our model consider 15 currencies!
Interesting...

Could you apply the same idea to individual stocks? Although they dont trade against anything but could use volume as a major tool.

And so I guess you could spread trade within the same sector?

Interesting...

Could you apply the same idea to individual stocks? Although they dont trade against anything but could use volume as a major tool.

And so I guess you could spread trade within the same sector?

Nope for stocks..unless you apply all the stocks that within snp or dow!
Anyway, stocks dont trade same way as currencies. All stocks somehow follow snp--I mean Huge Big caps and also their sectors. Stocks are traded based on sector rotation model in the context of snp500 direction. Somehow big traders move money from one sector to the other.

On the other hand, currencies senments are affected by individual nations economic perceptions and interest rate expectations among other information. Generally a currency is weak/strong for a day to several days sometimes without regard to the stock market. If one can see get such info to construct a trade, it is very valuable.
For example, if on intraday we have eur/cad level @ 13500. But eur has ben strong since morning and cad is also strong...there is a high chance for such level to hold. But if cad has been weak..then it is clear that such level could be broken.
Forex trading is a comparison btw nations/economies not quite as stocks

Reactions: DDI
If you must carry any trade overnight..you must consider a robust stop otherwise on average you will always be the loser b/cos of spikes in sympathy to other crosses.

This happens 24 hours a day, not just overnight. What is overnight? Overnight for me is much different than overnight for most on this thread. You can get spiked out just as easily while you are watching your chart. So what is happening here is you set your trade and stop, then magically adjust the stop 5x "overnight" without posting it, then the next day you claim a winning trade. If the trade went against your initial stop by 100 pips, you can just claim you changed your stop "overnight" by 110 pips.

See what I'm saying...?

I'll be fair...most trades you have posted during the day have been good, some winners, a few losers. You also have a very different style than the rest of us here, which is great. But you lose credibility by adjusting stops at whim without posting. I've been hesitant to say anything because every time I do it derails the thread.

Peter

This happens 24 hours a day, not just overnight. What is overnight? Overnight for me is much different than overnight for most on this thread. You can get spiked out just as easily while you are watching your chart. So what is happening here is you set your trade and stop, then magically adjust the stop 5x "overnight" without posting it, then the next day you claim a winning trade. If the trade went against your initial stop by 100 pips, you can just claim you changed your stop "overnight" by 110 pips.

See what I'm saying...?

I'll be fair...most trades you have posted during the day have been good, some winners, a few losers. You also have a very different style than the rest of us here, which is great. But you lose credibility by adjusting stops at whim without posting. I've been hesitant to say anything because every time I do it derails the thread.

Peter

Hey Pete, Pls notice that I dont have to gain or lose anything by making claims. We actively trade many pairs and other securities here. I dont need to post them or correct them here.
There is absolutely no claim here..those trades eur/usd and gbpyen are still open..they could get -200pips in a moment so until a trade is closed you have not profited from that. I lost abt 70 pips or so on gbp/nzd overnight and reenterd same trade @22000. During the day..price still visited same location. that trade is still open.

I actively monitor intraday trades with very high percentage wins..overnight trades must be robust enough to withstand spikes. If during my work period, I am able to renter those trades at a better level..but in order to avoid "hit and run" I let my stop robust.

Ok..I have no need or desire to impress anyone or just imbibe anyones style. Those trades are still open and could have gone bad..

Anyway it doesnt matter..just to remind you that like everyone else here..a very serious person and have no need to play to the gallery. Some days we make alot, others we lose..what about that? Just may I was stopped out for 20pips on euro or 30 pips on gbp/yen? That sounds cheap! Those have no impact on my daily performance at all!

So for you to be happy... ok stopped out of eur/usd -20, gpy/yen -30. Earned ~80pips yesterday :) I think that is good for you.

Just mentioned that bcos someone asked how I adjust my stops..

eur/usd long 13777 stop 13755

Hi Stan

Id like a proper explanation on this one please. It clearly went down and took out your stop and yet you claimed you used some form of management stops that move themselves in the night to keep you in and tell us much later when its over 100 pips your way. ive praised you so far as ive not really been able to keep up with all of your trades. I really hope you have a good explanation as to how you managed to do this. Thanks

Hi Stan

Id like a proper explanation on this one please. It clearly went down and took out your stop and yet you claimed you used some form of management stops that move themselves in the night to keep you in and tell us much later when its over 100 pips your way. ive praised you so far as ive not really been able to keep up with all of your trades. I really hope you have a good explanation as to how you managed to do this. Thanks

I thought the best explainantion is that the trade was a loser and was stopped out for a loss of -22pips . Could not trade eur/usd today due to fear!
Hope this settles so we move on !!

I thought the best explainantion is that the trade was a loser and was stopped out for a loss of -22pips . Could not trade eur/usd today due to fear!
Hope this settles so we move on !!

but you claimed it as a winner, a big winner, why? No one here claims to be a genius and we dont really care weather people are winners or losers, but the whole idea of the thread is honesty and live trades.

but you claimed it as a winner, a big winner

Flash..I did not claim that pls. I said the trades are still in play and have not closed them. So profits or loss unrealised! Anything could have happened either way! I mentioned in the post I intended to hold them out for a little longer time. As a seasoned trader that you are, you should understand the meaning of realised profits/loss. I thought the worry should come when I just woke up and closed the position in profits...yet we have had over 7 hours since then! Eur/usd could have been trading ,13200..?
Therefore as I mentioned earlier..take it the trade failed. The better approach is to now say
I am long eur/usd 13867 stop 13830 looking towards 14000ish.

Last edited:
its one from my forex general course available at £694:
see you are cutting the professor ----- do you have the . in the wrong place? as in £6.94

just had the image of his lordship trading in nothing more than old ma,s baggy pants :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:
tcrn662l.jpg