Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tonight's plan
If aud retraces to back near my initial entry @ .9935 within an hour or so I'm going to place an overnight short. Stop will be the midday high at .9970. Target will be .9875.
Still flooding going on down under which does not bode well short term for the aussie $.

Peter

oops, aud just took a quick dive, so my trade plan will probably not bear out, but we'll wait and see.

Peter

http://www.forexlive.com/158206/all/audusd-floods-having-a-bigger-impact-today said:
The increased ferocity of the Queensland floods overnight has had a dampening effect on the AUD and the AUD/USD has fallen 40 pips and could fall some more according some interbank players I’ve spoken with. Sentiment is bearish and there are significant stops reported below .9875.

Looks like I missed out on a nice move. aud diving nicely. My analysis was correct but my entry criteria sucked. Oh well!

Peter

aud @ .9870 now. Time to cry. geez...

Done for the night. I'm ahead nice, but after missing a move like that where I was planning for it, well...time for bed!

Peter

stopped out of the aud -17 ouch

eur/jpy looking better

mate...if you pardon the pun...why are you trying to swim against the tide on the Aussie? Bad job numbers and retail sales as well as the floods as well as being technically to the downside, makes the short side the only play in town right now

mate...if you pardon the pun...why are you trying to swim against the tide on the Aussie? Bad job numbers and retail sales as well as the floods as well as being technically to the downside, makes the short side the only play in town right now

my trading is based off a certain chart pattern (which i have posted many times) that i have tested and is very good in the long run, there is 2 sides to a market and you never know when the aud will bounce back and i am not looking for a large fight back just a enough to make me some points
yes i agree that the trend is down but you can make just as much much money counter trend as you can make with the trend and i do not have a bias in my trading

best to stick to your plan no matter what is happening, all i can do is manage risk and the market will take care of the rest

things are relative to any given timescale.porcel is very accurate. You are of course welcome to show us how:)