Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if id moved my stop to b/e instead of + 10 as the rules stated id be another 40m pips up. No real explanation why i did this but OLD Ma Flasheart is fuming

sh eurusd 1.2952 stop 1.2962

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd 014.gif
    eurusd 014.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 104
eu is pushing back up. Resistance at 1.2960 and 1.2970. Looking for price to get back to that area and get knocked down again for a short. If it goes over 1.2970 then will be looking for long trades.

Peter

if id moved my stop to b/e instead of + 10 as the rules stated id be another 40m pips up. No real explanation why i did this but OLD Ma Flasheart is fuming
Though there are no set rules or guarantees, I think its prudent to leave your stop a few pips below the nearest support such as the last structural pivot, even when trailing stops. Although I dont use the same ideology when it comes to taking profits (I simply take profits to lock in cash), I do think its necessary to do so when setting stops. If you want to leave stops at entry levels (i.e not below support), you might as well just take full profits there and then (I do that- regretfully recently!) as market could easily hit your arbitrary stop.

Just my two cents anyway.....

Though there are no set rules or guarantees, I think its prudent to leave your stop a few pips below the nearest support such as the last structural pivot, even when trailing stops. Although I dont use the same ideology when it comes to taking profits (I simply take profits to lock in cash), I do think its necessary to do so when setting stops. If you want to leave stops at entry levels (i.e not below support), you might as well just take full profits there and then (I do that- regretfully recently!) as market could easily hit your arbitrary stop.

Just my two cents anyway.....

all true,but im designed the method with exact rules which i then promtly disobeyed,thats why im annoyed

short audusd .9935 stop .9955, target area around .9910
slightly larger stop than I'm used to but I'm going to let the trade run for a while.

Peter