Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
long ej at 47 stop at 24

I believe the post time was 08:12 by t2w, took me a few mins to post but then again price had not zoomed off in my favour and was just below when my entry when I posted, again my exit was posted a couple of mins after my exit. My screen shot also shows my total for the day so not hiding the losers or anything.

Flashy there is no need for a live call police man. I for one get more out of Dino's, Black swans, bedsits, and now Trendie's charts then I do out of any of the live calls made by the above mentioned or others.

A chart will give me an insight into how another trader is viewing the market with regard to making decisions It does not matter to me if they are long term profitable or not as I am not looking to copy them.

A live call gives me very little info whatsoever especially as I'm not keeping tally of how everyone is doing.

There's a good group in this thread and the live call aspect keeps the thread active but I also think that the real gems in this thread are found in the charts and discussion surrounding them.

I'll apologise now for calling you a troll as that was not called for and not how I normally behave, but you are a bit like the litter patroling, ticket giving PCSOs:p

Attachments

• just for Flashy.bmp
    233.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
pssst, Flashy, I think you missed something

Peter

Just seen Julian's snide remark..what part of a chart, showing the exact pippage and posted close to closure, don't you *believe* Julian? You really should have a word with yourself..

A chart will give me an insight into how another trader is viewing the market with regard to making decisions It does not matter to me if they are long term profitable or not as I am not looking to copy them.

A live call gives me very little info whatsoever especially as I'm not keeping tally of how everyone is doing.

There's a good group in this thread and the live call aspect keeps the thread active but I also think that the real gems in this thread are found in the charts and discussion surrounding them.

The specific live calls are excellent, but I think Vacos above comments are the essence of this thread. The broad context of how we are viewing the market tells us a lot more than specific calls.
For example, I learn more from ChowClowns perspective of breakout methods than his specific type of breakouts.
(and of course, Black Swans overnight range breakouts is another perspective)

I agree, although I find it difficult to post too many charts during the trading day. However I do post charts, explanations, and market thoughts each time I trade the asian session here. It's a more relaxing trading session for me and affords the time to do all of those.

Peter

speaking of charts i have plenty on my journal but to get an idea for what i am looking for this is a great example

it was my eur/gbp call which i did bail on for 0 earlier but if i had left it this was the result

pin bar of daily pivot for my entry, exit is S1

simple but very affective

Attachments

• 992.gif
    992.gif
    44.5 KB · Views: 116
Look I agree with most of what has been said. I agree you learn more from charts than you do live calls. I said that inadvertantly and was trotally wrong,there was nothing wrong with the call at all.I missed the original post and assumed it might just have been a complete screenshot and asked vaco if he had stopped live calls, thats all. I totally apologise to vince for any offence.

I will however always object to people who post just using screenshots and I made this much today posts. There are journals for that kind of thing, this is a live call thread and should be that way.That is why it has a good following,even if they want to watch me lose a shed load. There have been many that have used screenshots of their so called accounts saying i made x amount etc. It has no real place here.

Black Swan, do you always want to jump on and kick a man while hes down. Im not a policeman of the thread, I just want it to work in its format,whats wrong with that, Vince understands that.

Eur/usd trade taken 1/2 off at + 40, rest to b/e

Look I agree with most of what has been said. I agree you learn more from charts than you do live calls. I said that inadvertantly and was trotally wrong,there was nothing wrong with the call at all.I missed the original post and assumed it might just have been a complete screenshot and asked vaco if he had stopped live calls, thats all. I totally apologise to vince for any offence.

I will however always object to people who post just using screenshots and I made this much today posts. There are journals for that kind of thing, this is a live call thread and should be that way.That is why it has a good following,even if they want to watch me lose a shed load. There have been many that have used screenshots of their so called accounts saying i made x amount etc. It has no real place here.

Black Swan, do you always want to jump on and kick a man while hes down. Im not a policeman of the thread, I just want it to work in its format,whats wrong with that, Vince understands that.

Eur/usd trade taken 1/2 off at + 40, rest to b/e

All I see is you repeatedly calling people out on this thread; Me, Vince, Dinos...Last week I posted up 3 straight days worth of trades after the last of the series of trades were closed. iirc it was 500+ pips for the 3 days. Anyone who uses fxcm/dbfx as their broker and there's a few of us, knows how the marketscope through chart trading *works*.

The title of the thread is (partly) "set ups", I've repeatedly stated that if I trade anything other than 3/4 hr/dailys I use; S&P, the daily pivot, PA, volume etc...and it fookin works.

I've actually had a couple of folk pm and say that they're binning going for ten pips+ here and there after seeing me take 165+ pips in a morning session they know it can be done. One actually stated that he found my trading results "inspirational", which actually meant a lot to me.

I just do my job, day after day, week after week. I don't give it large when winning, I don't moan when losing, I don't track other's trades and pick fault and I never tell others how to trade...

speaking of charts i have plenty on my journal but to get an idea for what i am looking for this is a great example

it was my eur/gbp call which i did bail on for 0 earlier but if i had left it this was the result

pin bar of daily pivot for my entry, exit is S1

simple but very affective

Just a thought for you.

Add the pivot mid points to the chart for partial exits.

All I see is you repeatedly calling people out on this thread; Me, Vince, Dinos...Last week I posted up 3 straight days worth of trades after the last of the series of trades were closed. iirc it was 500+ pips for the 3 days. Anyone who uses fxcm/dbfx as their broker and there's a few of us, knows how the marketscope through chart trading *works*.

The title of the thread is (partly) "set ups", I've repeatedly stated that if I trade anything other than 3/4 hr/dailys I use; S&P, the daily pivot, PA, volume etc...and it fookin works.

I've actually had a couple of folk pm and say that they're binning going for ten pips+ here and there after seeing me take 165+ pips in a morning session they know it can be done. One actually stated that he found my trading results "inspirational", which actually meant a lot to me.

I just do my job, day after day, week after week. I don't give it large when winning, I don't moan when losing, I don't track other's trades and pick fault and I never tell others how to trade...

This is totally incredible

I occasionally pull people up if their trades are late because it has caused problems in the past. Today I didnt see vinces entry point,thats all.He had previously stated he may no longer do live calls so i asked the question. I have apologised as i did to Dinos who accepted my point as his trades were very late to begin with.

This is great,you imply I give it large when I win. i have admitted id have earnt more in burger king than i have from trading the last 18 months. and yet immediately in your reply you point out the 500 pips you made last week. This was after stating you were no longer going to use small timeframes and give up the 300 or so pips you could make as it affected your swing trades.

Yes the thread is called live calls and set ups. Your posts were neither. You posted your charts after, that is not showing a set up.

Ive no doubt people find you inspirational. One of the reasons I switched was following some of the things you said and posted. You are clearly knowledgable and intelligent. Ive also had pms about my t/l methods before. dont we all feel excited when we come across something new, its the same when you go on a training course. It is set up so you go away thing the trainer is great and you will now make a fortune.

When have I ever told anyone how to trade or claim to be great. Your popping in with a 400 pip gain on timeframes you are no longer going to use and saying you feel bad because we are trading against you, is that not boasting to the point of arrogance.
Why not back up what you say,start you own thread and explain these set ups you no longer use and show us all,or at least in some way show you are what you say. be an inspiration to us all instead of gloating and turning your nose up to this thread.

Whatever you do dont jump on my case,when I have always tried to help anyone if I can and just occasional pull up people if they dont call live trades on this thread

A live call gives me very little info whatsoever especially as I'm not keeping tally of how everyone is doing. I also think that the real gems in this thread are found in the charts and discussion surrounding them.

Good points, this thread offered up an insight for me as to what folk were trading/thinking whilst my swing trade on the same security either: puked, stalled, or flew..The live call is irrelevant to me.

The other valuable aspect for me is human behaviour; watching how folk behave in certain circumstances, under pressure, coping with certain conditions and comparing it to how I'm reacting or reacted has been fascinating.

There is one over-riding concern I have and it's the same whether or not you visit this thread, babypips, FF, or fxcm daily; by far the most frequented parts of the forums are methods and strats..

Far too many folk still don't get the fact that out of the 3 Ms method is way way down the list..It's actually quite sad that even experienced traders think you've found the grail, that your 'edge' is primarily determined by what patterns and or indicators you use for entry/exit and trade management, when it's actually MM and your mind that makes you profitable. As I've stated ad nauseum if you want a *strat* then visit Edward at forex strategies revealed.com, he's got tonnes of them and they all 'work'...

There is undoubtedly a Grail, however, (as Van Tharp states), it's in your trading DNA and v.personal to you. ;)