Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
will it stop bang on 50 pips or maybe more. **** i should still be in this. Im not looking to do anything with this,still short chf

Attachments

• snapshot-488.png
    snapshot-488.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 89
BTW do you wait for some kind of confirmation or just let it hit the trend line?

confirmation is for whimps,if it hits the line and looks good i dive in.That gbp trade i called right on,often im wrong,but the r/r is so good i dont care if im wrong

confirmation is for whimps,if it hits the line and looks good i dive in.That gbp trade i called right on,often im wrong,but the r/r is so good i dont care if im wrong

I used to hit it too but now use a 1 minute chart to confirm. It could boost your win rate a little perhaps although we all know what works for us through trial and error. I had a really nice trade last night but I cant post it on here as I didnt put it up. It was a break high on cable I let it reach 7 pips in profit then set stop to BE just for giggles. Needless to say I was still in that trade for ages. Theres something in these free trades Mr Flash

For now I am only trading long side of eur and aud or any currency pair that gets me short the dollar. It's just too weak for me to go against it. Lotta sentiment for it to fall further...

Peter

Single Euro small TF trade this morning;
Stop 25
Trailing stop 32
Pips +15

Was just a candle too late (felt like a few seconds) on my PA entry and exit, not that good a fill at best price for some reason, should have been a 30 pip trade minimum and tbh I reckon there was more in the downward move, however, the paradox of being long in my swing trade doesn't *help*...onwards and upwards..

As you guys know I don't do live calls, fwiw I'm posting these trades up as I enjoy the thread and I'm hopefully adding to it by illustrating that perhaps 1-3 relaxed trades a day, on a single pair, using basic PA + S&R and the daily pivot, can reap rewards, albeit small at times..'tis not about the pips, but the Benjamins..

Attachments

• fx grpah 1141010.png
    fx grpah 1141010.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 94
Could work for you Pete but I see some bearish divergence on EUR/USD not that that means a thing. Long term though EUR/USD will certainly break new highs.

I usually try to catch small quick moves both with trend and against. But medium and long term trends in the $$ has been strong so I'm hard pressed to go against it for now. Daily chart of audusd is almost straight up.

Peter

Stop 25
Trailing stop 32
Pips +15

Was just a candle too late (felt like a few seconds) on my PA entry and exit, not that good a fill at best price for some reason, should have been a 30 pip trade minimum and tbh I reckon there was more in the downward move, however, the paradox of being long in my swing trade doesn't *help*...onwards and upwards..

As you guys know I don't do live calls, fwiw I'm posting these trades up as I enjoy the thread and I'm hopefully adding to it by illustrating that perhaps 1-3 relaxed trades a day, on a single pair, using basic PA + S&R and the daily pivot, can reap rewards, albeit small at times..'tis not about the pips, but the Benjamins..

Nice clean charts. Easy on the eyes!

Peter

I used to hit it too but now use a 1 minute chart to confirm. It could boost your win rate a little perhaps although we all know what works for us through trial and error. I had a really nice trade last night but I cant post it on here as I didnt put it up. It was a break high on cable I let it reach 7 pips in profit then set stop to BE just for giggles. Needless to say I was still in that trade for ages. Theres something in these free trades Mr Flash

I like to see confirmation too. Us "whimps" need to stick together.

Peter

Stop 25
Trailing stop 32
Pips +15

I always welcome BS contribution. Having one experienced trader who doesnt post live for obvious reasons but has loads of experience can only help the thread. What I would like is a much more detailed explanation about his short term trading method and set up.

This thread should contain a health warning.
THE POSTING OF TRADES ON THIS THREAD CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR TRAIN OF THOUGHT AND YOUR WALLET.DO IT ONLY FOR THE RIGHT REASONS.

Now this is what I struggle with sometimes. Look at GBP/USD it touches a level of support now I could take a few pips circa 17 or wait for a breakthrough which could mean mega pips. I like to let these run so I'm still in trade. Ideally I know perhaps I should take those pips and look to get back into the run down later.

I always welcome BS contribution. Having one experienced trader who doesnt post live for obvious reasons but has loads of experience can only help the thread. What I would like is a much more detailed explanation about his short term trading method and set up.

This thread should contain a health warning.
THE POSTING OF TRADES ON THIS THREAD CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR TRAIN OF THOUGHT AND YOUR WALLET.DO IT ONLY FOR THE RIGHT REASONS.

Hi, what can be those obvious reasons to post trades from the past? And yes, a more detailed explanation would be nice...
Im here to learn.. no offense BS...

Hi, what can be those obvious reasons to post trades from the past? And yes, a more detailed explanation would be nice...
Im here to learn.. no offense BS...

I often struggle with group trading for a few reasons; principally I often (dangerously)fall into a group mindset of accepting the group norm/average in terms of results..For example Julian and Pete may have lots of winners circa 10-15 pips, the danger (for me in the past) is that I then accept that as the norm as opposed to sticking rigidly to my plan and edge. Absolutely no disrespect to them or others it's a results/money driven exercise.

I also know that my judgement does become affected if someone is the opposite side of a trade to me and tbh I detest the feeling of wanting my trade to succeed knowing someone else may lose.. I take my Euro trades (the only pair I now day trade) and clearly show the entry time, exit and result.

In relation to the short term trades off small TFs you'll have to go through the pain and long process of staring at charts for thousands of hours until it (PA, underpinned by S&R + pvt) sinks in, but heh, you may have other ideas..

I use marketscope for charting (fxcm/dbfx), I'm more than happy with the service vis a vis MT4/5. For my swings it alerts me through codebase when my exact criteria are met. I use my own entirely indicator based strat and edge to enter and exit.