Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Short NQM10, 1956.25, stop 1961 TP1941. Not exactly fx but if anybody's interested.

add: scratched for -2.00, a premature entry. ok, this part-timer is calling it a day.

good luck to dedicated traders.. see you all tomorrow!

Last edited:
put for a few hrs. Stop at + 7,target 8955

closed for +15 average

short gbp/usd 1.5191 s/l 12. Come back off this line twice already today,third time again. lets see

Attachments

• snapshot-118.png
    snapshot-118.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 129
gbp/usd 1/2 off at +15
rest to b/e.
I was hoping that it would have moved by now.Still the line was right again

Morning all,are there actually any full time traders or people trying to learn on this site, or have we scared them off.Youd think a live call thread where most of the traders are ahead has something to offer.We have several styles on offer and yet so few takers.Im convinced most people join this site,look for a system they have to put no effort into,spend a grand or two on a mentor and then quit.There is so much good free stuff available, but everyone thinks its crap because its free.

Morning all,are there actually any full time traders or people trying to learn on this site, or have we scared them off.Youd think a live call thread where most of the traders are ahead has something to offer.We have several styles on offer and yet so few takers.Im convinced most people join this site,look for a system they have to put no effort into,spend a grand or two on a mentor and then quit.There is so much good free stuff available, but everyone thinks its crap because its free.

pretty much, Flash.
there is some rule about how many "traders" still follow a system after X consecutive losses. Its very small. Hence, the huge drop-off by many if profits aren't rolling in immediately.
Anyone trading today? pre-Easter.
Hope March was a good one.

G M

Its your signatures scaring them away:LOL:
They think everything they buy should be cheap , like sugar until it fell to 2 cents a lb.

Good morning,

The first day of a new month.. but it's also the last trading day before long weekend. I wanted to buy UJ but the entry happened 4 hours ago. GU is still strong expecting 1.5250 and a nice pullback - been up for 4 consecutive days. EU is looking for direction.

Flash, people want to be spoon fed and they want 'grand results', especially with the pips won. It looks much more impressive to see a 200pip winning trade (with 50pip stoploss, that can produce one winning trade out of three attempts in every two weeks) than a 20-30pip winning trade (with stoploss of 8pip that can be taken 2 times a day).

R:R ratio and trade turnover concepts are hard to understand for beginners. I know that because I was there.

pretty much, Flash.
there is some rule about how many "traders" still follow a system after X consecutive losses. Its very small. Hence, the huge drop-off by many if profits aren't rolling in immediately.

Anyone trading today? pre-Easter.
Hope March was a good one.

Im sitting and waiting, March was a great month for me,mainly. how about you Trendie,how long have you been profitable. I only really started making money about a year or so ago.
What do you make of the methods traded on this thread and how it must come accross to others? does it serve a purpose?

Good morning,

The first day of a new month.. but it's also the last trading day before long weekend. I wanted to buy UJ but the entry happened 4 hours ago. GU is still strong expecting 1.5250 and a nice pullback - been up for 4 consecutive days. EU is looking for direction.

Flash, people want to be spoon fed and they want 'grand results', especially with the pips won. It looks much more impressive to see a 200pip winning trade (with 50pip stoploss, that can produce one winning trade out of three attempts in every two weeks) than a 20-30pip winning trade (with stoploss of 8pip that can be taken 2 times a day).

R:R ratio and trade turnover concepts are hard to understand for beginners. I know that because I was there.

so true, weve all been there,many times. if only wed listened

I just do not know how you have the time to trade and post well
If I am trading it has my full attention ,
I am unable to follow 2 or 3 trades and chat as well
I am just waiting to trade the euro/ usd if it can make its mind up
made lots of pips yesterday on the euro

Im sitting and waiting, March was a great month for me,mainly. how about you Trendie,how long have you been profitable. I only really started making money about a year or so ago.
What do you make of the methods traded on this thread and how it must come accross to others? does it serve a purpose?

profitable AND consistent; coming upto my third year!

I like the mix.
I like leovirgos methods, since I was a fan of grey1. I can relate to the CCI thing. The daily mean/balance thing is interesting.

I like the trendlines; they have an intrinsic truth, since they are true whichever timeframe you use. I envy their simplicity. (not that I'm calling you simple. :p) Never ever got to understand the rules about when they hold or break. Also, in order to draw a trendline, many, many bars need to elapse. My sense is the signal is too late.

Cant make sense of ODTs, but I think he uses Stochastics.

useful to others? lets people know that real-life trading isn't as easy as it appears. losing days are a reality. ironically, those looking for magical systems will not be interested in this thread, because they don't want to see. however, those who really trade will read this thread, as it chimes in with their own experiences, of good days, tough days, and boring days.

long aud/usd at .9182. s/l 12
Its a break from wedge in 5 min and 60 min.
Not totally clear so only small stakes

Attachments

• snapshot-120.png
    snapshot-120.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 112