Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
missed that re-entry on UJ.. if was in, then it would be a swing trade with target at 93.70.

Ya think? Someone we (both) know reckons it swung on the 5th March...:innocent: Wish I had that heightened level of patience...still, the 2hr/3hr TFs are behaving for me....atm...;)

Ya think? Someone we (both) know reckons it swung on the 5th March...:innocent: Wish I had that heightened level of patience...still, the 2hr/3hr TFs are behaving for me....atm...;)

An E A is good for following discipine .Pick your trades and put ea on chart to do the rest.
My biggest problem is discipline ,I run mechanical automated systems to avoid my indiscipline at times.

this was my Long entry on 5th morning.

Long UJ 89.28 sl 89.085

I had to close it for a dozen or so pips profit just before NFP due to my cardinal rule that states I must leave no exposure with UJ before NFP. Since then, it has moved 400 pips. However, if it is analysed carefully, my stoploss for that entry was 20pips, therefore, 400 pips move = 400/20 = +20R move after 25 days. To compare, I've just bagged +4.8R this morning ( +39 for 8pip stop on GU).

Pips are misleading. Profits/loss expressed in terms of R:R is more meaningful.

30pips gain is not the same for 10pip stop entry and 20pip stop entry as they have different R:R profile.

I had to close it for a dozen or so pips profit just before NFP due to my cardinal rule that states I must leave no exposure with UJ before NFP. Since then, it has moved 400 pips. However, if it is analysed carefully, my stoploss for that entry was 20pips, therefore, 400 pips move = 400/20 = +20R move after 25 days. To compare, I've just bagged +4.8R this morning ( +39 for 8pip stop on GU).

30pips gain is not the same for 10pip stop entry and 20pip stop entry as they have different R:R profile.

For sure, perhaps we'll all end up *on the dailys* and similar to guys like Jacko suggest 4hr TFs are noise :eek:...For now you've gotta be happy with your method/s and returns...No point trying to trade off long term TFs with a short term mindset, if it aint broken etc...;)

Drawdown to actual profits is a good measure.Although low risk reward trades can be entered, they often result in greater number of losses on mechanical systems, due to small stops.

ADP non-farm is -20k for consensus of 40k, difference of 60k is huge!

UJ in nose dive..

For sure, perhaps we'll all end up *on the dailys* and similar to guys like Jacko suggest 4hr TFs are noise :eek:...For now you've gotta be happy with your method/s and returns...No point trying to trade off long term TFs with a short term mindset, if it aint broken etc...;)

I do use daily, for my LONG ONLY stocks portfolio that is beyond the scope of this thread.

For some reason cant get charts into posting at the moment.
My euro trade is a trend break,
Im looking to sell gbp at about 15205 if it gets theres. Its part of a trend going back 3 days

1/3 off at + 11 feel a bit uncertain gbp and eur at uncertain points
rest to -5 cant lose another free trade hope it pays this time

JUST TRADING THE NOISE GUYS

Attachments

• snapshot-117.png
    snapshot-117.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 184