Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what!! Are u sure? I trade with IG index and is 8 for gbpchf. same wuth city index and saw tradefair prices and that was 8 too!

Yep, I see why, you are trading GBP/EUR, but by trading EUR/GBP and I see you spreadbet, I dont, the IGmarket CFD is as per attachment, think this is where the difference lies. I mis-read the pairing in your post sorry.

Attachments

• Noname eurchf.jpg
    Noname eurchf.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
You need to get off their standard account pronto matey, don't they charge for stops too? Those trips will be costing you mucho money each time you place a trade..
cheers..will def look into it..have been never alarmed as their spreads are pretty much the same as other spreadbetters - cityindex even tighter but terrible margin requirements

Yep, I see why, you are trading GBP/EUR, but by trading EUR/GBP and I see you spreadbet, I dont, the IGmarket CFD is as per attachment, think this is where the difference lies. I mis-read the pairing in your post sorry.
yes IG index dont offer gbpeur. so i trade eurgbp but twice the usual stake of course. your attachement if eurchf (2 pips) but spreadbetting is 4 pips.

cheers..will def look into it..have been never alarmed as their spreads are pretty much the same as other spreadbetters - cityindex even tighter but terrible margin requirements

yes IG index dont offer gbpeur. so i trade eurgbp but twice the usual stake of course. your attachement if eurchf (2 pips) but spreadbetting is 4 pips.

Not sure how you trade, I don't watch this thread much just pop in now and again, but I get the impression you trade off small TFs/don't hold trades overnight/for days. If that's correct then you should be very spread cost and charge sensitive.

EUR USD has been so bullish today, bought the last 3 pips. up 62 pips. approaching twice its ADR ..

Not sure how you trade, I don't watch this thread much just pop in now and again, but I get the impression you trade off small TFs/don't hold trades overnight/for days. If that's correct then you should be very spread cost and charge sensitive.
true i do trade off small TFs. though I am spread sensitive, the three main pairs I trade the spreads are 1-3 pips...though DMA may be tighter, I do like the tax advantage and simplicity of spread betting

I would buy gbp/usd on dip bounce off 159 and aud/usd each for 50 pips initially. Good be strange today though as US banks are closed

welcome to the thread and good luck. Try and avoid the would buys as this is a live call thread. As a mentor its a great place to show off your skills though:)

I would buy gbp/usd on dip bounce off 159 and aud/usd each for 50 pips initially. Good be strange today though as US banks are closed

Cable: Think Im right in saying bounce was down to around 15880ish so anywhere round there would have done - or hold for something lower. Bond yields are already rising in anticipation of UK interest rates rising in June this year after big leap in factory gate inflation. Market starting to price this in today even in this thin market, plus technicals of course..