Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
theres a lot of red on the news calander today, not had any signals yet which is unusual as well so i think i'll take the day off.

good luck to the rest of you.

theres a lot of red on the news calander today, not had any signals yet which is unusual as well so i think i'll take the day off.

If I'm not mistaken there is ECB interest decision?

I haven't traded since last year and don't feel like it as yet, just had a look at the charts (15 min my favourite). Price action over the recent days doesn't look inviting - may postpone it till the next week.

i havent got any signals today either...and after yesterday, i dont wanna rush into anything unless 90% happy with conditions

If I'm not mistaken there is ECB interest decision?

I haven't traded since last year and don't feel like it as yet, just had a look at the charts (15 min my favourite). Price action over the recent days doesn't look inviting - may postpone it till the next week.

I haven't traded much this week. Low volatility and no real direction (and lots of snow to shovel here, grrrr)

Peter

not sure how many of you guys bother with GBP/CHF on the smalls, spread is a couple of pips higher than the Euro but I dunno, seems *active* of late.
dont look at it much as it has 8 pip spread, but what a signal missed on 5 min chart at the close of 7:05-7:10 candle. long period of consolidation (low ADX) and then it takes off with +DMI expanding and ADX turning back up after establishing a peak above 25.

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_CHF (13-JAN-11).png
    Spot FX GBP_CHF (13-JAN-11).png
    22.4 KB · Views: 96
Its looking likely by looks of things bud :-(. Certainly appears to be in a bull position at present, hopefully you dont get stopped out.

dont look at it much as it has 8 pip spread, but what a signal missed on 5 min chart at the close of 7:05-7:10 candle. long period of consolidation (low ADX) and then it takes off with +DMI expanding and ADX turning back up after establishing a peak above 25.

"8 pip spread"? Blimey bud, who are you trading with? 2-3 is about right...

what!! Are u sure? I trade with IG index and is 8 for gbpchf. same wuth city index and saw tradefair prices and that was 8 too!

You need to get off their standard account pronto matey, don't they charge for stops too? Those trips will be costing you mucho money each time you place a trade..

I haven't traded much this week. Low volatility and no real direction (and lots of snow to shovel here, grrrr)

Peter

Hi Pete.

I don’t know what happened - I’m experiencing lack of the right mental outlook for the markets at the moment.:rolleyes:
It must be to do with me not trading for more than 3 weeks. I’ll try to do some serious research over the weekend. At the first glance there are some rubbish intraday moves - especially London opening.

BTW Good avatar(y)