Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I partly understand your reasons,you must always put yourself first. But see it from Leos point of view a live call must be a live call or the thread is pointless. Good luck,talk soon

A live call in reality cannot be live, there will always be a lag between, taking the trade and opening the message box and entering the details, so I would expect around upto 2 min lag.

my trade was taken 10:13:56, and posted at 10:16, which meant the preceding 2 mins, for recording the trade, opening thread, typing the message etc, around 2 mins, which by the point Leo made a bit earlier, around 1-2 mins... Think for my first posting without anybody tellling me otherwise, was as near as damn it.

I partly understand your reasons,you must always put yourself first. But see it from Leos point of view a live call must be a live call or the thread is pointless. Good luck,talk soon

I didn't say it had to be 'live call'. I myself was also late for 1-2mins at times, and it's absolutely true that you have to give priority to yourself/ your trades. In fact I have stated that many times. however, we (flash and I) do take the thread seriously.

Yeah if you're not the type of trader who has fixed stop and fixed targets, you're short term and like to manage your trades, trailing stops etc (which I think most here are) it can be quite hard to post within a minute and give proper concentration to the trade. But I don't think that should put you off making calls. I don't think anybody doubts you took that trade. It is a fun thread Dinos, I'm sure people can learn a few things from your trades even if posted late, and 2-3 mins is nothing, it was just that your trade was very good, and got a quick move.

I am sure you would understand that - even though you're not one - there are plenty of people who will post trades long after they have gone into profit.

A live call in reality cannot be live, there will always be a lag between, taking the trade and opening the message box and entering the details, so I would expect around upto 2 min lag.

my trade was taken 10:13:56, and posted at 10:16, which meant the preceding 2 mins, for recording the trade, opening thread, typing the message etc, around 2 mins, which by the point Leo made a bit earlier, around 1-2 mins... Think for my first posting without anybody tellling me otherwise, was as near as damn it.

sorry if you took offence in it. however, you should also be prepared for all sorts of things if you come under the spotlight ;)

Maybe, I've got off on the wrong footing here, maybe a few crossed wires and lack of clarity of what is expected, I pleased to see you state you take the thread seroiusly, as there are a few "dubious" threads around.

Ok, I'll retract my earlier statement, and give it a go, however, I will continue to prioritise my work first and posting second, but will make every effort to post within 2 mins, by doing so, you will build up a picture, that will show consistency in my trading decisions.

Lets give it a go, see how we get on

Maybe, I've got off on the wrong footing here, maybe a few crossed wires and lack of clarity of what is expected, I pleased to see you state you take the thread seroiusly, as there are a few "dubious" threads around.

Ok, I'll retract my earlier statement, and give it a go, however, I will continue to prioritise my work first and posting second, but will make every effort to post within 2 mins, by doing so, you will build up a picture, that will show consistency in my trading decisions.

excellent dinos, it may or may not be for you as you have a completely disciplined approach. This added to my discipline as I was not as structured as you. Good luck

(y)

I am kicking myself as gold has taken off +10 handles.. I have been waiting for that break out and yet managed to miss it, didn't know my entry was 'the right price'.

right or wrong = only proven with the benefit of hindsight

Gold call chronology

yesterday
watch GOLD this week. it has a potential to fly
Long gold 1238, sl1233.50
scratching gold trade here. looking for a re-entry later, perhaps tomorrow

today
index futures are poised for a big break out.. if that happens GU and EU will be flying, too.

long gold 1236, sl1234.70 it's still early in US therefore volume is low, let's see..

sold gold +2 handles here, may try again later

didn't come back and rallied.

May look for re-entry today or tomorrow if it comes into my set up..

What are you basing those longer term views on leovirgo (if you don't mind explaining). I can do ok short term intraday, but never really managed to develop good reasons for a daily bias towards long or short, and it seems your bias is usually pretty good.

hoping for a pullback and big move down
chart looks good,hope ive got line righ this time
problem is the real entry was at 40 and not 07

Attachments

• snapshot-343.png
    snapshot-343.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 97
this may look like madness but i have to trade what I believe
short gbp at 1.4837 sl 15,if it breaks that ill accept defeat

What are you basing those longer term views on leovirgo (if you don't mind explaining). I can do ok short term intraday, but never really managed to develop good reasons for a daily bias towards long or short, and it seems your bias is usually pretty good.

simple mean lines (a variation of pivots).. monthly, weekly and daily.

see the following chart on 4hr

monthly & weekly means (1206 & 1228) are stacking up nicely ( golden horizontal lines) = potential to go higher

today, it tested yMean (yellow line 1234 ) and rejected from it = could be today

Attachments

• 100617Gold.PNG
    100617Gold.PNG
    47.4 KB · Views: 103
Third time from this line,if this doesnt work people will think Flashes lines arent reliable
Oh dinos no losing trades please,the thread gets empty when we post losers.The eggs and tomatos are waiting.Ive called 6 in a row and about 8 winners in a row but some were very small.