Forex "Pin" Bars

Is that a pin forming on gbpjpy indicating a long 215.00 ?

im forming it on a tick chart and using lots of imagination :)

Tick chart?!

I give up...

well i'm looking at 215.10 punch south rejecting (tail) 214.85 then trading back above 215 although on tic looking at it left to right some sort of a pin bar will be formig as a by product ? what timeframe that is I dont know ? but it should trade long from here on ...

well i'm looking at 215.10 punch south rejecting (tail) 214.85 then trading back above 215 although on tic looking at it left to right some sort of a pin bar will be formig as a by product ? what timeframe that is I dont know ? but it should trade long from here on ...

Well that's a great imagination:p I don't see any pin bars . but I do see a double bottom

Attachments

• GBPJPY no pin bar.jpg
    GBPJPY no pin bar.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 219
Which makes it extremely important to be aware of classical TA in addition to the pin bar setups.

Decided to look up pinbars to see where this idea came from and now I know why I keep hearing about the nose.
It is because Pin is short for Pinocchio!
Made my day.

Attachments

• pinbar.gif
    pinbar.gif
    42.9 KB · Views: 409
bullish pin and double bottom on hourly Dow .. I am going to wait and watch .. comments on the quality of this pinbar appreciated .. I like the way it is part of a double bottom

Attachments

• bullish pin and double bottom dow.jpg
    bullish pin and double bottom dow.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Is that a pin forming on gbpjpy indicating a long 215.00 ?

im forming it on a tick chart and using lots of imagination :)

It's a recognised disease - Pinbarencephalitis (Eleusine coracana)

I suffered from it once...

...every chart - all I could see was pin bars

Even the dried snot and pubes stuck to the monitor made pin bars.

There's only one cure....

......Point and Figure charts

Decided to look up pinbars to see where this idea came from and now I know why I keep hearing about the nose.
It is because Pin is short for Pinocchio!
Made my day.

hey! no rude pics on the thread please :cheesy:

bullish pin and double bottom on hourly Dow .. I am going to wait and watch .. coments on the quality of this pinbar appreciated .. I like the way it is part of a double bottom

actually in my haste to post .. I see that is isn't a very good double bottom .. looks like the level has to be tested again.

No problem - it was in profit at 37 mins past then it reversed and formed a bearish pin the other way.

Thanks, check my CMC chart and the ADVFN chart .. no pinbars .. - can't have them all I suppose .. but if the futures chart is the only one showing a pinbar .. well .. I guess it must have less impact (assuming people are trading on pin bars or the conditions that produce pinbars, consciously or not)

Attachments

• DOW wot no pin on CMC charts.jpg
    DOW wot no pin on CMC charts.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 205
  • DOW wot no pin on ADVFN chart.jpg
    DOW wot no pin on ADVFN chart.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 199
I am looking at three daily pins tomorrow:

Nasdaq 100
Sugar (London) March
Carbon Emissions Dec 08

None of them are perfect but will certainly make it into my portfolio to watch intraday.