Forex E-micro futures contracts

so, that means nothing, yesterday was friday and we have seen a week with lots of news and markets around the world not in agreement. do you think showing a snapshot of the intraday movement of this security from a friday is a real representation of whats going on? why dont you post a daily so we can see a better picture

to us it makes no difference since we mostly day trade , but to someone that takes positions that last weeks even longer it could mean the difference between a bad trade and a good trade. saying that it doesnt mean thats the only type of trading they do, it is very healthy for a fund to have both long term porfolio positions (very large positions) and also take short term trades which is exactly what this fund trader i am talking about does. but that doesnt mean he trades everything he looks at every day. a typical short term position he takes he risks no more than 3000 dollars which will fall within a 10-25 pip stop. now saying that you dont need massive market depth to fill that order but at the end of a successful trade you can be sure there is a nice chunk of money there which by the end of each month adds up to a % of the funds progress. funds dont all throw millions at every trade, this is not a very conservative way to make money because their bread and butter comes from the longer term trades where they do throw large amounts of money at.

Last edited:
3k for a 20pt stop would be 150 micro contracts, i seriously doubt you would get filled on that without rediculas slippage. you would get slipped badly even on the Ym trying to fill that in one go. so again, your talking **** IMO

Brownsfan just posted this over at TL who recommends and trades with openecry. Works out about a tenth of the big contract roughly. :cool:

Ged

brownsfan019
CME Forex E-micro Futures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forex e-micro futures at CME

Neat idea of a product and Open ECry will be offering the CME Micro FX at $0.50 per side plus fees. My understanding is the CME will be discounting the exchange from $0.16 per side to $0.06 per side for the first six months. This would make the total per side only $0.56 all-in. This is the best I have found anywhere. Will keep you posted.

OEC ™ - Futures and Forex Electronic Trading System

commissions is not reduced to 1 tenth , for example the eur/usd e micro contract commissions is 2.7 $ RT @ IB which equals more than 2 pips , and u should to pay spread as well so it is not worth it ...

$3k for a $30 point stop is $100 per point, = $1,000,000 spot size = 10 lots

you can do this in the blink of an eye with no slippage and get exactly the price you want... even with half ticks on some platforms.

Not to mention the fees, which as I understand them, are huge.

IF your trading-for-the-sultan-of-brunei-mate is actually doing this, he really should think it through. But I am onside with Genics, I think it's b0ll0cks.

Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight
Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight

:LOL:

which is so typical of the elephant egos hanging around this forum. i often wonder about the level of maturity of some of them

Attachments

• Daily-Micro.PNG
    Daily-Micro.PNG
    31.4 KB · Views: 289
Oh shut up you c*ck. The guy is just disagreeing with you.
People come on these boards to have their own opinion.

which is so typical of the elephant egos hanging around this forum. i often wonder about the level of maturity of some of them

all this proves is the contract is still very new... what are you trying to prove by showing this?

Look, anyone with the slightest hint of business accumen and trading experience can see that the introduction of this new contract offers nothing tangible to the forex community.

There is a very liquid and very deep market in spot, forwards, swaps and options already. If your mate wanted to dip his toe in a currency trade, however small, he would go through the existing routes (if he has any sense whatsoever). There are absolutely 0 benefits to this new contract over the well established instruments, and no incentives to trade them.

Brownsfan just posted this over at TL who recommends and trades with openecry. Works out about a tenth of the big contract roughly. :cool:

Ged

brownsfan019
CME Forex E-micro Futures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forex e-micro futures at CME

Neat idea of a product and Open ECry will be offering the CME Micro FX at $0.50 per side plus fees. My understanding is the CME will be discounting the exchange from $0.16 per side to $0.06 per side for the first six months. This would make the total per side only $0.56 all-in. This is the best I have found anywhere. Will keep you posted.

OEC ™ - Futures and Forex Electronic Trading System

56 c per side = 1 pip RT , better than IB but still not 1 tenth ;)

Look, anyone with the slightest hint of business accumen and trading experience can see that the introduction of this new contract offers nothing tangible to the forex community.

There is a very liquid and very deep market in spot, forwards, swaps and options already. If your mate wanted to dip his toe in a currency trade, however small, he would go through the existing routes (if he has any sense whatsoever). There are absolutely 0 benefits to this new contract over the well established instruments, and no incentives to trade them.

0 benefits , slightest hint of business accumen ... wow did you make that up yourself or did you consult the little budah in your closet.
it is always cracks me up when i see someone convey something like you just have as if they speak for the masses. maybe cme weren't very business like when they listened to their clients asking for this security. maybe they weren't very business like when they spent millions on implementing this project. i mean who would ever conceive an such an idea as this if there were no reason in the world that it wouldnt attract business. maybe the exchange just has too much money on their hands, they recently purchased mymex.. people behind a billion dollar deal like that are they really just a bunch of naive clowns???

Last edited:
Forker,

Gecko does have a point and so do you. If liquidity picks up this would be
worthwile but at the moment with liquidity so low you wouldnt get a good
entry. Probably similar to a SB company offering a 1point spread because
the underlying market is liquid. But something like this may have like a
100 or 400 point spread as there nobody to take your trade.

You really wouldnt want to get in a trade and be say for example 400 points
down right away would you.

If the liquidity picks up it would be a good marhet but only time will tell

Ged :)

Last edited: