Forex Day Trader's Thread

Moody's downgraded an Abu Dhabi bank.. that "might" have had something to do with it.

ur tip on the euro is definately understandable! Sounds like a good call. Seems to be a good vibe around the greenback against most currencies but for how much longer?!

caught 34 pips going long on the pound today - wooohooooooo!

But ur call on going short would have netted me around 100 pips! Damn!!! Thanks though!

any thoughts on the pound seeing how its taken such a large pounding today?!

that's good MB.. I was hoping you didn't move the t/p from 1.604 to 1.607 as I suggested because it fell one pip short of 1.607..

I couldn't call Cable now.. it bounced big time off the lows.. 150 pips down and then a bounce of 60 pips.. I would leave it alone.

that's good MB.. I was hoping you didn't move the t/p from 1.604 to 1.607 as I suggested because it fell one pip short of 1.607..

I couldn't call Cable now.. it bounced big time off the lows.. 150 pips down and then a bounce of 60 pips.. I would leave it alone.

Thanks!

Yeah, i see what you mean. It's really volatile. I would probably come in once/if it settle around the 1.5740/50 mark and go long. But or now as you say, way too crazy!

What currency pair has brought you the most success? eur/usd?

EUR091218.GIF

Euro ST chart

I just setup a sell stop for tonight 1.4321 targeting 1.4241 with a 30 pip stop

reversing to long 1.4233 with an 80 pip stop

Re: Big Dick Analysis - Update.

Big Dick Analysis Update.

Trade above is now long from same original short entry so scratched trade above.

Currently trading 146.00 zone at time of this post.

GBPJPY

Big Dicks Are Now Long 145.80 stop 1.25 DR. Target short termers 150 pips or hold until Big Dicks Change Position. TBA

Trade / Reason Idea Big Dicks Are Long The Market

Happy Holidays .

Regards

Dick, Big Dick FX

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !

Big Dicks Are Now Short from GBPJPY 146.50 price now at time of post 146.20

Target short termers 150 pips stop 1.25 DR . Big Dicks HOLD til Big Dicks Change TBA

Trade / Reason Idea Big Dicks Are Short The Market

Happy Upcoming New Year All

Regards, Dick

22 pips caught on cable going long from 1.5844. not much i know, but a large stake! Still quite volatile though.

pippy, i like what u said on ur profile regarding new traders. I'm not entirely new to this, however, I have found some success recently trading on daily charts.

will therefore let cable settle down a bit today until the ftse closes and then make my move!

Are you still shorting the euro against the dollar?

my bias is short but my sell stop was filled and then stopped out by a few pips overnight.. would have been up by 40 pips if I had used a bigger stop.. c'est la vie..

-30 to start the day.. will buy Euro a little lower

me being the idiot that i am didnt listen and am currently 100 pips down on the pound which has rallied!!!!

currently down around £400!!!! not too pleased!

Any thoughts on cable? This rally cant surely last!

EUR/GBP getting hammered today.. that's what is causing Cable to rise. The USD is strengthening vs. other pairs..

I'm feeling a bit better about leaving my usd/cad - it was looking a bit uncertain but it should be ok to leave for the next week or so. Still usd/cad and usd/jpy for next year it's looking.

well thank god something went right today.. I'm going to try to hold Euro for a move to 1.424 BUT I'll be sure to move my stop up at the first opportunity