Forex Day Trader's Thread

And yes; No such thing as luck, especially when using Money management - Over a large sample of trade, luck keeps reducing and reducing; If anything; I think naturally we start off with the opposite of an edge - Due to mass psychology and emotions, spreads, lack of understanding of market mechanics and commisions.

I just cannot imagine a consistantly profitable equity graph over 100 trades that had appropriate money management even existing AT ALL without an edge.... It just doesn't happen.

Gap Year; Going university in September; Kind of applying at the moment.... Suppose to have got it off by now but not yet; Think i'll do economics, haven't decided yet.
Pretty un-organised, too focused on other things :)

My mates going Portsmouth in Sept; Although you'll have finished by then will you?

Digital forensics seems a bit random to a poker/trading background no ?

Awesome, gotta love the sea man.. was the reason I came here. Literally 200 meters from our house.. When the house party's bail out and everyone runs into the water its worth the cold winters :]]

Been working in IT security since I was in school man, thought I wanted to be a white hat hacker.. Oh how things change! ;] 2nd year btw

Was just playing poker to earn money on the side of Uni, but my good friend from Warwick Uni is going into investment banking and got me interested..

Whats your story man?

wtf is digital forensics? is there such a thing? why doesn't anyone get a degree in accountancy or law anymore? instead of a degree in some random useless past time like history or digital forensics?

Awesome, gotta love the sea man.. was the reason I came here. Literally 200 meters from our house.. When the house party's bail out and everyone runs into the water its worth the cold winters :]]

Been working in IT security since I was in school man, thought I wanted to be a white hat hacker.. Oh how things change! ;] 2nd year btw

Was just playing poker to earn money on the side of Uni, but my good friend from Warick Uni is going into investment banking and got me interested..

Whats your story man?

Your mate @ Warick finished university already or got an intern sorted after ?

The sea is freeeeezing at night in England!

Yeah i started playing Poker @ PartyPoker; But it doesn't compare to trading :p So it lost my interest.

There is a local hedge fund and trading arcade, who the boss of is my dad's best mate and basically got talking to him @ 16, did some work experience and so had an interest since then. Got a family background in it too. Think i'll go into some form of trading-related work after university. Or maybe even before.

How/What do you trade? FX only, ECN Or Futures or spot ?

Bit retarded but i think my brother maybe @ 2 year Portsmouth, maybe... My memory has gone on the matter.

wtf is digital forensics? is there such a thing? why doesn't anyone get a degree in accountancy or law anymore? instead of a degree in some random useless past time like history or digital forensics?

Because then we'd actually have to do some work; And we never agreed to that.

actually, I don't doubt it for a second, you can always tell from posts which traders are making money beyond most...Rothchild comes to mind as well as Gladiator....
your first post says it all:sneaky:

to rake up an old post, this isn't true and a lot of newer members get seriously and badly misled (although i'm not gonna name any1), in my experience most of the members here that claim to be successful are vastly overestimating their skillz, and the more successful and confident they sound the more they are bull****ting...there are some good traders that are here and have been on here but it is better to assume no one is.
take everything you read on here with a kg of salt and stick to your views and **** everyone else, i would add though that the most important lessons to learn aren't from the most successful people

OT

Haha! This is the response I hear the most, its to do with providing evidence in technology related crime.. Believe it or not its essential to modern day crime investigation! :]

Something like 80% involves some form of technology, and you'd be shocked at whats recorded/accessible and can be used as evidence

Its a very important cutting edge industry and it'll be continually changing!
Not to mention, high demand.. :]]

Also, yes kid, I worked for NASA twice and I can spell "gullible" as well. If you have any trades to post please do that rather than posting an irrelevant, easily-forged account statement. You will notice that I posted 9 for 12 winners on Monday before they happened. You were kind of enough to make an obnoxious and cowardly comment regarding one of the losers, yet had nothing to say at all about the 9 winners. Posting the results of your trades after they happen is of no help to anyone and is quite simply annoying. You see, it's very easy to pretend to be the king of trading on the internet. The only real way we can see who is real and who is not is by posting our trades ahead of time in front of witnesses.

OT

Haha! This is the response I hear the most, its to do with providing evidence in technology related crime.. Believe it or not its essential to modern day crime investigation! :]

Something like 80% involves some form of technology, and you'd be shocked at whats recorded/accessible and can be used as evidence

I have no doubt... I was a forensic accountant for 2 years but I still had to learn to be an accountant first!!

to rake up an old post, this isn't true and a lot of newer members get seriously and badly misled (although i'm not gonna name any1), in my experience most of the members here that claim to be successful are vastly overestimating their skillz, and the more successful and confident they sound the more they are bull****ting...there are some good traders that are here and have been on here but it is better to assume no one is.
take everything you read on here with a kg of salt and stick to your views and **** everyone else, i would add though that the most important lessons to learn aren't from the most successful people
I agree.
Although cr6196 said ' **** everyone else'; So its hard to take what he says seriously either... Now we don't know who to listen to! We'll be lost forever.

OT

actually, you'd be shocked at what I could learn about you without using technology :whistling

Also, yes kid, I worked for NASA twice and I can spell "gullible" as well. If you have any trades to post please do that rather than posting an irrelevant, easily-forged account statement. You will notice that I posted 9 for 12 winners on Monday before they happened. You were kind of enough to make an obnoxious and cowardly comment regarding one of the losers, yet had nothing to say at all about the 9 winners. Posting the results of your trades after they happen is of no help to anyone and is quite simply annoying. You see, it's very easy to pretend to be the king of trading on the internet. The only real way we can see who is real and who is not is by posting our trades ahead of time in front of witnesses.
What did i say about a losing trade? I don't even remember commenting on it.

I've posted by trades ahead of time infront of witnesses; I'll try get Weighbridge to vouch. Although he'll probably embarrass me. I do it everyday, just not on a forum.

right i wrote a long answer but i deleted...ages ago i for one reason or another asked lighting mcqueen, i dunno if he still a mod here, about this and he said that although TA had multiple usernames, gladiator wasn't one...although if anyone remembers halotrader the similarities are all pretty remarkable.

my point was listen to yourself and make your own decisions...if that involves believing what someone posts on here as gospel then your probablly an idiot...i made that mistake a few times over.

my point was listen to yourself and make your own decisions...if that involves believing what someone posts on here as gospel then your probablly an idiot...i made that mistake a few times over.
Yes, i agree with Cr6196; No1 knows the answers, trust yourself and do what you think best. :) If you don't trust yourself to make the best decisions, then you definately can't trust others and probably shouldn't be trading :D

Last edited:
I've posted by trades ahead of time infront of witnesses; I'll try get Weighbridge to vouch. Although he'll probably embarrass me. I do it everyday, just not on a forum.

I've seen GladiatorX call his trades live through the day on MSN, and I've got no doubt that he's profitable. These were scalps rather than swing trades, so posting them live on a forum wouldn't really have worked.

Mind you, this might just mean that he is me as well... :-0

Your mate @ Warick finished university already or got an intern sorted after ?

The sea is freeeeezing at night in England!

Yeah i started playing Poker @ PartyPoker; But it doesn't compare to trading :p So it lost my interest.

There is a local hedge fund and trading arcade, who the boss of is my dad's best mate and basically got talking to him @ 16, did some work experience and so had an interest since then. Got a family background in it too. Think i'll go into some form of trading-related work after university. Or maybe even before.

How/What do you trade? FX only, ECN Or Futures or spot ?

Bit retarded but i think my brother maybe @ 2 year Portsmouth, maybe... My memory has gone on the matter.

Warwick is crazy man, their workflow is immense so don't get to speak to him so often.. Gonna have our quarterly when I go back for xmas

Thats a sick story man, you still wanna go to Uni for 'life experience'? ;] Sounds like you could go full time now..
I had a 30k job I left to go to Uni for.. I thought I'm going to be working the rest of my life.. may as well enjoy no responsibility, easy girls and cheap booze while I'm young >:]

I've been hovering around forex for the last year or so but only just came off demoing.. Wasted so much time trying to code a system in MQL for metatrader, then caught on its all about manual..

Really fond of intraday price action, mainly trying to catch reversals using candles at key s/r on micro timeframes so i can scale the position for big risk/reward whilst sticking to 1-2% risk
Still a rookie though, but starting to get there

What about you dude? I'd imagine you've got things nailed.

Warwick is crazy man, their workflow is immense so don't get to speak to him so often.. Gonna have our quarterly when I go back for xmas

Thats a sick story man, you still wanna go to Uni for 'life experience'? ;] Sounds like you could go full time now..
I had a 30k job I left to go to Uni for.. I thought I'm going to be working the rest of my life.. may as well enjoy no responsibility, easy girls and cheap booze while I'm young >:]

I've been hovering around forex for the last year or so but only just came off demoing.. Wasted so much time trying to code a system in MQL for metatrader, then caught on that its better to trade live..

Really fond of intraday price action, mainly trying to catch reversals at key s/r on micro timeframes so i can scale the position for big risk/reward whilst sticking to 1-2% risk
Still a rookie though, but starting to get there

What about you dude? I'd imagine you've got things nailed.
I'm not much of an FX trader... Haven't got into it so much, although i watch the FX futures rather than spot.
I trade the E-mini S&P 500 - Kind of in a similar way to as you said with FX; Just read the order flow, use pivots and S/R to trade with the current context.

I would try trade FX more, but its hard to concentrate on a few markets at a time when you mainly watch the order flow.

I'd describe myself as a low frequency scalper; I scalp. But still only do trades rarely... So, i do 'scalp trades' but only when they really setup nicely (in my view).

Low time-frames also....

Yeah; University just as 'Something to do'. How is the live trading going? Found similar success to your Poker ? :p

Mind you, this might just mean that he is me as well... :-0
Your ip is going to get checked fo' sure. As i just told you over steam;

Maybe i'm so disillusioned, that i don't even see myself type as Weighbridge or Tajammy - So while i genuinely believe i am not either of them, i actually am, i just can't see it.

When me and Weigh have msn conversations, i am both parties without being conscious of typing the opposing conversation! My imagination would be amazinga... If only reality was so cool.