Forex Day Trader's Thread

I'm not much of an FX trader... Haven't got into it so much, although i watch the FX futures rather than spot.
I trade the E-mini S&P 500 - Kind of in a similar way to as you said with FX; Just read the order flow, use pivots and S/R to trade with the current context.

I would try trade FX more, but its hard to concentrate on a few markets at a time when you mainly watch the order flow.

I'd describe myself as a low frequency scalper; I scalp. But still only do trades rarely... So, i do 'scalp trades' but only when they really setup nicely (in my view).

Low time-frames also....

Yeah; University just as 'Something to do'. How is the live trading going? Found similar success to your Poker ? :p

Cool man, in the future I hope to migrate to NASDAQ level 2 day trading.. Orderflow just seems so much more engaging!
I'd say the only reason I'm trading forex is to avoid commission and data provider subs tbh.

First live month or so I'd be taking every setup I saw.. but thats under control now, esp that I started to share my trades on this forum.. The whole pride thing is a sick counter balance to stop me taking bad trades... Really helped

The returns are nothing In comparison yet tho, but playing 12-16 tables 5 hours a day over the summer... makes you never want to play poker again x]

I'll get there eventually

So you said your bro goes to Portsmouth Uni? It wouldn't Surprise me if we've met, it seems all to often 'someone knows someone'.. Know what course he's on?

Nice to be able to speak to someone my age about trading tho man

I don't think you'll catch me around here in the evenings much - i'm going to try get on to a better sleep schedule and be around more in the day. Don't know if i'll be pulling as many 3am nights as I have been lately.

I'm thinking for this week - I don't have much clue what cable and euro is up to. usd/jpy might be something i'll be buying over the week and was thinking about tonight but I might sit tonight out and attack monday morning trading.

I bet you're in a cold sweat and your hands are shaking though :LOL:

This Sunday night trading always sucks anyway..

I think i've got through the shakes stage and i'll survive the night. I've been looking at the charts every now and then and thinking about buying euros. But I think it's best if I leave it till tomorrow to get a better idea and try get in some good probability trades.

I'm quite enjoying being flat for now though.

yeah with about 250 other people :LOL: I never met him, but he was famous at UT long before he played pro football so everyone knew he was in the class.

:LOL: well said..

I'm long EU from 1.46 but I just raised my stop to 1.4605 .. I'm taking a little breather from day trading and just trying to catch a rebound in EU with lower than average leverage.

I'm up 45, but I really thought the European markets would be more excited about the Dubai news.