Forex Day Trader's Thread

I'm surprised they kept me on the staff.. hmmmm... fine, well, Sharky is a good man, and if Sharky would fire the dead weight with wild ideas on what moderation is I'd be happy to come back, but until then.....

Sharky, I can bring the traders to this site in force and you know I can. I just need the ability to moderate my own thread.. The day you show me the respect I deserve is the very same day I bring readers back by the tens of thousands by month..

USA 3 - Brazil 2 ... erm, maybe not.. but we're getting better!

Let me know Sharky..

Great Market Stock! With an impressive stock picks record gainer at 276%. Check it out.

9a7hqhjpg.gif

------------------------------------
Click Here - PennyStocks

Spam, dont touch it

Me?
A humble part time trader, who has to date this year lost £600 on my £3,000 account and I know full well that I will never ever make a living from fx trading...but....I do LOVE dipping my toes. I check bloomberg on my blackberry every 2 or 3 hours in anticipation that I have made a fortune.....but alas.

I bought Gold in July at 1208ish and watched in horror as it dived to within a ball hair of my stop but hung on to later sell at 1268 (I promised myself I would wait until 1350!!), I shorted Eur/usd at about the same time convinced it would drop to parity only to see eur/usd go up like a bullet train...anyway....lets just say gold was a fantastic hedge.

The point is I LOVED it and at the end of the day I like to catch up on what happened on threads like this. So if there is someone called "sharky" stopping this thread carrying on then sort it FFS!!!

I'd like to see this thread going once again and Pippy back so post here if you vote to get Pippy back or don't post if you could not give a damn. Hopefully it goes along way to get Pippy back on this thread again with some honest fun and information.

I'm trading FX because I love it, not because I need to, and I'd enjoy it a lot more if there was something worthwhile to read at the end of the day....
(y)

Why would Pippy still be listed as a moderator??

I'm surprised they kept me on the staff.. hmmmm... fine, well, Sharky is a good man, and if Sharky would fire the dead weight with wild ideas on what moderation is I'd be happy to come back, but until then.....

Sharky, I can bring the traders to this site in force and you know I can. I just need the ability to moderate my own thread.. The day you show me the respect I deserve is the very same day I bring readers back by the tens of thousands by month..

USA 3 - Brazil 2 ... erm, maybe not.. but we're getting better!

Let me know Sharky..

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
the exact point at which it dropped 500 pipps!!!

Can't remember what I was doing at the time but sure I would have been long at that same time, oh well, glad to see it's not just me who gets dumped by the eur/usd.....

Maybe we need to start going long on euro's in order to re-invigorate this thread

here are 2 arguments

EUR/USD - well, well.....what do we have hear? IHS and a possibility of a break out ???

ODT.....bet you never had any friends in the play ground for long ..lol..

I do have the feeling that eur/usd is gasping for breath going any higher....as I'm not very good at this fx stuff I've taken a Feb put option at 1.38...no day trading stuff as I don't have the nerve for it and find it much better to lose my money slowly rather than in one week...

Open for abuse on the above...thanks...

ODT.....bet you never had any friends in the play ground for long ..lol..

I do have the feeling that eur/usd is gasping for breath going any higher....as I'm not very good at this fx stuff I've taken a Feb put option at 1.38...no day trading stuff as I don't have the nerve for it and find it much better to lose my money slowly rather than in one week...

Open for abuse on the above...thanks...

As you have taken the option , the price is more likely to head higher.

Going to slowly build up short position in eur/usd, starting with initial short at 13981.4 stop loss at 14381 and target of 12981.4.

Have now placed an order for my second short, this is at 14160, stop at 14560 and target of 13160.

If Eur/usd makes new highs today I think 14160 will be it's maximum trading range for the day so I have a second order for a short at 14160 with a target of 14110, stop at 14260 (want this one to have plenty of room)

Long way off 14160 for now but hoping news release at 13:30 gmt will prompt new highs then pull back...

"ECB says there are no risks of inflation or deflation based on the monetary analysis"

Yeah Right!!!!

Anyone read "Money for Nothing" by Roger Bootle? (published in 2005) Just read it once again, should have taken more notice of it when I originally read it in 2007, comments like above now make me laugh.

Deleting two orders at 14160.

Will see what opportunities Friday brings for second short, although would have been nice to get 14160, no harm done anyways.

Masq..where are you? Seen you fluttering in for a visit. Are you still day trading on a netbook with a 3 inch screen or are you now a full time on-line poker player?

Placing order for second eur/usd short at 14195, stop at 14595 and target of 13195.

Have to focus on work today as loads to finish off for the week, working from home so will keep an eye out every couple of hours for any surprises.

Think I'm not being optimistic enough, going to extend my target by 2,000 pips to 3,000 pips.

So far placed one short trade and will look to place a further 5 or 6 over next few weeks.

If 14500 is breached for more than a week or so I'll look to remove all shorts.

I'm being very conservative with trade values, so based on 7 shorts, potential loss is £1,400, but based on hitting 3,000 pips target (a big butt if I have the will power to leave trade running) would be £10,500.

Could take 6 months....