Fibonacci-Trader Discussion Board

andycan said:
So what are you selling the concept of fibonacci or your system??
and should you not have a pretty little tag that says VENDOR??

Oops. Why do I feel I've upset someone here? No offense meant! I'm new here.
:eek:

I don't have a system, I just have this framework and some powerful mindset help. I'm very happy to talk in general terms about what the framework is and how it works, but experience has shown that little snippets of information on forums only serve to confuse. And that doesn't help anyone.

The basic concept is that we may have all been using the Fibonacci the wrong way - -or at least we have been missing something very fundamental about it. If you apply it the way I do as a one time setup, it becomes a very useful tool that is consistent at all times. When you get to know it well, you can trade by it in a very intuitive way. Hundreds of traders are using it already and getting really exciting results.

I wrote a book and I do courses. That is the best way to find out about it, so yes, I am a VENDOR in that sense. But I am not trying to push it onto people, and I'm certainly not getting rich on the proceeds of the book or sharing the info in forums! Those that see it's potential go off and happily trade and I never hear from them again. I am interested in traders becoming independent, so they don't have to keep referring to others and keep looking for new solutions.

If you want me to put a nice little VENDOR tag on somewhere, I'm perfectly happy to. How do I do that?

niceguy777 said:
.......I'm very happy to talk in general terms about what the framework is and how it works, but experience has shown that little snippets of information on forums only serve to confuse. And that doesn't help anyone.

But by defintion, speaking only in general terms is to just give out snippets, which in turn only serve to confuse. :confused:

are you going to give enough information for us to go off by ourselves and trade?
Or, by offering general tidbits, create confusion?

I am interested in how Fibs can be used in a new way.
The fractal approach seems reminiscient (sp) of Murrey Maths.
( seeing as I havent yet grapsed Elliott Waves :( )

im not upset in the least!!
but for simplicity if you are offering a service of sorts you should have a vendor tag on and i believe that's a T2W rule!!
i do agree most do use fib incorrectly and if you wish to discuss it go head
i will be keen to listen to what you have to say

trendie said:
But by defintion, speaking only in general terms is to just give out snippets, which in turn only serve to confuse. :confused:

are you going to give enough information for us to go off by ourselves and trade?
Or, by offering general tidbits, create confusion?

I am interested in how Fibs can be used in a new way.
The fractal approach seems reminiscient (sp) of Murrey Maths.
( seeing as I havent yet grapsed Elliott Waves :( )

Ok. I understand! It's a bit of a tricky situation, as I know this takes more than what I can do here to give enough info so you can go off and trade. That's why I wrote the book, and have set up a forum for people who want to know. The book is cheap and the forum is free. A lot of people just use those and get on with it happily. It's much better to do things in a structured way. And I would emphasise that the mindset part is half of it. Now, I don't know you, and I can't be your 'online therapist' - besides, that's the bit my wife Olga does.
:D

I also know that this forum is for free exchange of information, and that is my preference too, but when I got into this and discovered the Absolute Fibonacci Framework, I got a bit carried away and invested loads of money and time into the book and spreading the word. One day, I'm sure I will break even, but for now, this information certainly hasn't been free for me!

I don't know Murray Maths, but I can tell you that Elliot Waves are points of resistance on the framework, as you can see on the example I posted earlier.

I really do want to create interest rather than confusion here. (There's enough of the latter in Forex already), and I do offer public free webcasts for people who may be interested, so I can go through the principles of it. The next one is on Monday night (8.00p.m.PST).

I hope this helps.

andycan said:
im not upset in the least!!
but for simplicity if you are offering a service of sorts you should have a vendor tag on and i believe that's a T2W rule!!
i do agree most do use fib incorrectly and if you wish to discuss it go head
i will be keen to listen to what you have to say

Great. Sorry if I was being over-sensitive! I'll check this out. Thanks for the heads up.
:cheesy:

...and there's a presentation we did in San Francisco on the website that gives a lot more information.....

thanks for your reply, niceguy.

please feel free to post a link to the podcast if you will. ( I have moderation powers on this thread, so there! )

Look forward to your insights, and hope we can all learn something new.

trendie said:
thanks for your reply, niceguy.

please feel free to post a link to the podcast if you will. ( I have moderation powers on this thread, so there! )

Look forward to your insights, and hope we can all learn something new.

Many thanks, Trendie. It's at

Cheers.
:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous example

Here's a really nice example of the GBP/USD hitting the framework exactly today. The GBP has been working on this fractal for some time, and we expected it to hit this position.

Attachments

• GBP 1 dec 2006.jpg
    GBP 1 dec 2006.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 383
Does anyone use fibs with VSA or market profile/delta volume analysis? Day time frame would be good but Swing or position would be great too.

Not sure yet :) but I'm looking to look for supply/demand indicator to pull the trigger on fib cycles.