FetteredChinos's Blog

big down day today...(perhaps!)

after yesterday seemed to confirm a 3 pattern, im looking for a whopper of a down day today (wednesday)

FTSE seems to have responded well thus far this morning, lets hope the DOW follows suit this evening.

i need to get my snooker money from somewhere....

subtle change

right guys, instead of targeting 9864 today, we are in fact targeting 9829 today.

since monday's trade didnt trigger a close on either monday or tuesday, it seems as though we have reverted to a standard 3 pattern, and therefore targetting the full amount, rather than the shortened 70 points...

i hope the rest of you are now getting an idea of how difficult the manual is to deal with!

FC

This is a very cunning ploy.
As the dow rises you move your target lower.
I assume there is some logic in there somewhere......what is it ?

bracke said:
This is a very cunning ploy.
As the dow rises you move your target lower.
I assume there is some logic in there somewhere......what is it ?

nah, it is because the pattern for the week changed.. the sell target was hit on the monday, but because we stayed up round that level on tuesday, we were anticipating a bit more aggressive action. as it was, the aggressive action was in the wrong direction!!! :(

FC

Ugh..

oh well, cant win them all.

stopped out after the DOW went ballistic last night..for -100.

looks like we are in a trend week, todays action should confirm.

no further overnight trades this week.

current state of play..

2 trades, 1 win, 1 loss. overall +5

Phil Collins plays drums...

Commiserations but at least you are still +5

Does this mean modifications for Genesis, or is it still full steam ahead ?

week 3

So here we are again, a new week..

selling dow at 10,221, buying at at 9,999

could do with a winning week.

lets see...

:)

still no signal..

well tedium is kicking in...

two congested days later, and we havent come close to triggering a trade as yet..

limits still stand as per previous entry. US data today could shift us strongly in one direction..

since the BUY level is closer, i would expect that to be hit today, its only 100 pts away, rather than the 120 pts that the sell level is..

since it is a wednesday, if a trade is triggered today, then we should (and i stress should) trend nicely in our favour today, tmr and then friday, producing a gain of 110 points or so..

not holding my breath though.....

no trades this week...

oh well, no DOW trades this week.

and FTSE short stopped out for -40 yesterday..

FTSE has moved from 4350 to currently 4470 without a sniff of a retrace...

hmm...

see you next week.

FC

and off we go again...

right, week 4 (?) of the trial.

apparently i made a boo-boo last week, and could have chanced a long in the 10,060 region last week, which would have made a decent profit. oh well, you live and learn..

this weeks orders are a sell at 10,307 and buying in the region of 10,083..

nice sell off on monday, so we could well have a dip to the buying level today (tuesday) before a strongish rally until thursday.

here's hoping....

FC

chocks away

well we managed to pick a bottom yesterday and not end up with pooey fingers..

long triggered at 10,085 (im using spreadbets so had to adjust levels slightly to ensure i got in) missed the bottom by a whopping 10 points. oh well :)

then got a daddy of a bounce in a short space of time.

will be looking to take profit at 10,190 (SB prices) and look for a reversal on thursday.

looking good so far...

FC :)

snaffled!

there we go. 10,190 hit today, so another 105 in the bag after spreads.

so far on the DOW , stats are

trades : 3
wins : 2
losses: 1
Gross Points: 210
Gross Losses: -100

Net Result: +110

looks promising.

few more trades needed to validate the system though..

as per the system we are looking for a reversal on thursday perhaps. looking for the region of 10,265 for a short position.

good trading , all

FC

gotta be in it to win it

have decided to bring my short target down to 10,250.

reasoning that the actual short target should technically be 10,210, but we have been bullish for a while now (hence using 10,265) and i want to make sure that i get in on any reversal, rather than miss entry by a handful of points...

only one way to find out if im right, and that is to put money on the line.

orders are in, and away we go..

well , like, err, yikes!

morning all, got filled last night,

and i dont mean on cheap curry and wine...

short from 10,250. expecting a -ve day, as ChowClown would put it.

got a bit hairy when we zipped up to 10,300, but thankfully normality has returned and as i speak, we are currently back to the entry level after the overnight activity.

targeting 10,200 for starters, but there is a possibility that we could zip down below that, and possibly below yesterdays low (10,160 ish) today (friday) . i must stress that this latter bit is speculation, and in the meantime, 10,200 is a more likely target.

FC

oh well..

well if i had kept my entry as originally planned at 10,265 then the week would have ended on another +5 trade. as it was, it was a -10.

oh well, the 2nd trade of the week is always more speculative.

roll on next week. i hate bank holiday weekends :)

lets hope the shortened week doesnt throw the patterns out of synch.

toodle-oo

FC

new week, new levels

right. selling dow at 10,370 levels , buying in the region of 10,150.

markets closed today though. fireworks to begin tmr.

FC

no trades again last week.

well, it wasa bit annoying, but neither level got hit yet again.

still,a system is a system, and you have to obey the rules.

next week is a full week, so we should have some joy then.

FC

off we go again..

right guys, levels for this week are...

SELL DOW in region of 10,420-10,430 and BUY DOW in region of 10,190-10,200

pattern undecided as yet.

to be confirmed by action in next few days.

im unable to screen-watch for most of the week, so i wont be taking the intraday trades, but i spent most of the weekend in bed with a hangover and trying to understand the manual once again. think i now have a handle on the trades, but they will have to wait until next week.

toodle-oo

FC

looking for daytrades??

well, for academic purposes...

today's genesis day-trade would be a short from 10,320 (now hit) looking for 10,250 and below..

if that were to be hit, then there is a chance that we will get a rally towards the end of the week.

just depends when lol...

personally, i reckon today could be a big day either way. yesterdays relatively narrow range implies a 3 pattern week. which in turn implies a move of 100+ points today.

now if only i could work out in which direction lol....

edit:- well we had yet another narrow range day. day-trade exited for break even. direction for the day depends where we open. a lot of people appear to be bullish, but im not so sure. 10,200 could still be on the cards today..

bit of cheating...

right , well, i didnt follow the rules to the letter,

but since we were between the buy zones, and the daily pattern was forming a nice 5, i went long from 10,233 just before the close. hoping for a move up to 10,330 and above by friday.

stop is just below 10,210

in terms of the day trade. that would have been short from 10320 and closing at 10250 for a cool 70 points after spreads.

so 2 day trades would have netted about 68 additional points after normal SB costs..

may have to start trading intraday again when i get a chance :)

FC