FetteredChinos's Blog

hmm!

well it could have been a lot worse!!

just got a signal to go long.

exited at 4504 for -9 points. so now long from 4504 (march futures)

running score 6 trades, 4 win. total points 92 (after spreads)

not great at the moment. but time will tell

FC

good day so far

well, FTSE is now starting to play ball, and providing we dont take out yesterday's low, then it looks as though i shall be reversing and selling at todays close.

fingers crossed, as i could do with a big win!

FC

now we are cooking with gas

hurrah. gone short @ 4538 on the future. banked a healthy 34 points today. not always this good!

current state of play.

7 trades, 5 wins, total points 126 after spreads.

just under the long term average, but healthy nonetheless :)

FC

wabang!

well not so much a wabang as a wa-whimper...

after the action on friday i thought we would get a bit of a sell-off today, but hey ho, it didnt happen.

got a signal to go long, so reversed @ 4536

bagged another 2 points (count'em ! lol)

so thats 8 trades, 6 wins, 128 points after spreads...

yawn!

FC

dontcha just love it

Well you have got to love being long during a market sell-off. :(

still, im still hanging in there. currently about 120 points adrift of entry. curses. but system says up, so we gotta stick with it until it changes..

after the action so far today, we could well be looking to reverse at close of play tomorrow, but we shall see what happens in between now and then.

looking odds on for a hefty loss at the moment......

apologies, if anyone is following this "live"

FC

kerikey

Well, amazingly we broke the lows of two days ago, so the long position remains for another day. still no signal to go short.

this trade has been running for an eternity now, and with all the hoo-hah in the markets at the moment, its quite hard to stick with it.

still, a system is a system. so Longs Away chaps.

FC

well its all over lol

finally gone short at last. closed at a loss of about -175. :(

not great at all, but we shall see how we do over an extended period.

Dow looking toppy after strong rises from suppost at 10,000 FTSE may well follow it down early next week.

FC

oops, forgot the stats!

played 9, 6 wins

total points , er, -47 after spreads. so basically break-even before spreads.

balls

FC

A NEW START

Right, here goes...

change of tack for this journal.

shall now be using it to test out the merits (or otherwise) of the Genesis system on the DOW. Please do not PM me for details of it, as you will have to purchase it from DC. this journal is just a tool for me to see if it works over a period of a few weeks.

no trade thus far this week.

pattern for the week undecided as yet. narrow range day yesterday.

looking for a buy entry circa 9707, or a sell entry circa 9923

will probably either happen today or tomorrow. and the day it does should set up the pattern for the week.

FC

first trade...

right, late spike up on the DOW yesterday evening after the FOMC announcement triggered a seel at 9923.

now targeting 9818 to take profit, disaster stop-loss at 10023.

expecting a down day today, and the first part of thursday, before looking for a reverse and a bounce in the 9746 region..(this may not be hit)

FC

not quite going according to plan..

well, after a nice early down move on wednesday, i thought the profit target would be hit. indeed we fell just 20-odd points short. then we had a mega bounce for the rest of the day, and broke tuesday's high. balls :(

im not sure if this invalidates the 3 pattern, and instead turns the week into a 5. will have to check the rules once more.
if it was a 3, we would expect a down day thursday early on, hitting the 9818 target, then looking for a bounce at 9750.

it is has turned into a 5, then we would expect a down day thursday, and friday, not looking to bounce until we hit 9707 for a speculative long....(according to the rules, no trades opened on a friday....)

we shall see.

although the disaster stop is in at 10023, im still not sure of the exit point when a 3-week fails. will have to read DCs weekly review on sunday.

FC

score 1 for Genesis

Target hit on thursday. confirming what looks like a 3-pattern week.

nicely hit the 9818 level, and we're out for +105 for the week.

no further trades until next week.

been a relatively low-volatility week so far...perhaps building for a longer-term move up? no idea.

just trading the days as they come.....

more to follow next week.

FC

new week, new trading levels...

right, after the action of the past week which took us virtually no-where,

our orders are in today to sell at 9933, and to buy at 9717 or so..

doesnt look like there has been much movement in the futures over the weekend/morning, so if these targets are going to be hit, it will either be very late on monday's session, or more likely, tuesday..

am just concentrating on the DOW at the moment, but retrospectively seeing how it performs on the FTSE...

FC

FC
Your sell @ 9933 = R3
Your buy @ 9717 =S2

Have you found that the suggested trading levels usually correspond with the pivot s/r

9717 is some way from the year low of 9815. If it were breached I think I would be wary of going long immediately.

Regards

bracke

nope i havent noticed a correlation with the pivots. looks like a coincidence really. but it would be interesting to see if this is a regular occurance. would add a bit more credence to these levels, which do appear to be slightly arbitrary sometimes!!!

thanks for the input

FC

bracke said:
FC
Your sell @ 9933 = R3
Your buy @ 9717 =S2

Have you found that the suggested trading levels usually correspond with the pivot s/r

9717 is some way from the year low of 9815. If it were breached I think I would be wary of going long immediately.

Regards

bracke

premature execution...

always a problem..

anyway, sell order hit at 9934. since this was triggered on monday, i THINK we are looking to cover this short at 9864 either today or tomorrow.

then we await re-entry at the same levels on the wednsday, as this looks like it could be a 5-week.

oh its so confusing...

FC

So you are looking for a gain of approx 70 points.

Are you trading this using the Sept Future ?

bracke said:
So you are looking for a gain of approx 70 points.

Are you trading this using the Sept Future ?

yup i am..

this is where genesis seems to fall over...

using a 100 point stop for a 70 point gain when the trade is triggered on a monday.

not good R:R at all...

still, we shall see.

FC

yowser...

well we came close to being stopped out for -100 (holy moly)

then things started to return to normal as we are in the middle of a bit of a pullback at the mo.

still targeting 9864 today (100 points away as i type!!!) (trade is -30 at the mo)

then looking for another entry sometime later this week.

i hate it when weeks dont go according to plan!

FC