fed up and angry

I am just a small investor with a few thousand in shares to give myself an income to supplemnt my pension and have been increasing angry at the way irresponsable stock exchanges and investers are causing this present stock termal, its about time goverments around the world some how punish where it hurts (money wise)the panic creaters who cause this problem,you cannot always blame the banks or though they have to take there share of the blame the lame excuses that come out for causing a panic sell are pathetic any ideas
anyone and no rude ones:

you'll be fine as long as the companies you own shares in were chosen for the right reasons and are unlikely to decrease in value over time (for example an internet company that has no revenue sources is a bad choice lol)

Charles if you are that bothered ring up your broker and tell him to reverse it for yer, according to million dollar traders Anton Kriel that is what he is there for so treat him like your B****.

Charles,

Did you really think depression 2.0 was over, did you really believe the msm when they told you we were out of the recession? If so I'm sorry to say this you're a mug, but you're not the biggest, that's exclusively for those with jumbo mortgages or several mortgages who think house prices aren't going to crash..

We all knew that the USA politicians would agree the new debt ceiling, to be fair most of us didn't anticipate such a sell off even if the indices had to fall to justify the next round of QE. But here's a thing which makes me very suspicious and makes me realise that the game is rigged, where is the circuit breaker Obama and ickle Timmy G put in place, why hasn't it triggered? Where is the ppt?

The real shame is that you've been stiffed twice as the little guy, first back in 2008-2009 and now in 2011, compound the misery with pensions and zirp interest on your savings and it really is a clusterfook. If there is some guy sitting there stroking his white cat doing the muhahahahaha now the plan to rob all the muddled classes of their illusory wealth to transfer to the elite is nearing completion then hats off, it's worked a treat..

Too true. The politicians were told what's coming but they either didn't listen or thought they knew better.

Many of us on this board have been saying exactly what is happening WILL happen but as ever the timing is the hard thing to nail down.

The problem is the politicians got us into this mess, by letting property get out of control, and they sadly are the ones in charge to sort us out of this mess. So it's not going to end any time soon.

What's interesting is so many fail to see the problem and still think that ever rising property prices is good and falling is bad. Well, look where your high property prices got us.........

Too true. The politicians were told what's coming but they either didn't listen or thought they knew better.

Many of us on this board have been saying exactly what is happening WILL happen but as ever the timing is the hard thing to nail down.

The problem is the politicians got us into this mess, by letting property get out of control, and they sadly are the ones in charge to sort us out of this mess. So it's not going to end any time soon.

What's interesting is so many fail to see the problem and still think that ever rising property prices is good and falling is bad. Well, look where your high property prices got us.........[/QUOTE/]

The muddled classes will have to watch everything they "did the right thing" to accumulate perish in a bonfire of their status anxiety vanity. Pensions, investments, savings, house values.. it's as virtual and transient as playing with a demo account, as Bernake said before he was no doubt beaten up and injected with nlp serum "money, it's
just an illusion"..

Were all in for a shock that Is probably not part of the shock doctrine we anticipated...

Same reply as to Paul, investers only make the problem worse by there actions I know actions speak louder than words but selling this way is just as irresponsible

hi charles, a lot of funds, banks etc are not just selling - ok they are selling shares, oil & some other commods but then buying gold, bonds, cash etc.

perhaps you need to change your investment strategy to be a little more inclusive of other investments. its a little naive to blame one area of investment selling, when there is plenty of buying going on elsewhere.

and as per other posts on here, why exactly did you think shares (in general) were a good buy? the economy looked good to you? some stocks now look a great buy imo though.

I am just a small investor with a few thousand in shares to give myself an income to supplemnt my pension and have been increasing angry at the way irresponsable stock exchanges and investers are causing this present stock termal, its about time goverments around the world some how punish where it hurts (money wise)the panic creaters who cause this problem,you cannot always blame the banks or though they have to take there share of the blame the lame excuses that come out for causing a panic sell are pathetic any ideas
anyone and no rude ones:

may I ask when you bought your shares and what prompted you to buy them? did you have advise or bought into blue chip companies you like? do you still intend to hold them?

anyone and no rude ones:

Your government is robbing you to pay for the wars. If you like, you can vote in another government, who will do exactly the same. They need to invade syria just now. If you don't pay for it, who will ?

I call that bull dung.

nah this is just looking for a good price before moving higher Im on FTSE 1st looking for 5407 short term and will be looking for 7k on a slightly longer time frame. the DOW will also give me some extra coin for chrimbo

nah this is just looking for a good price before moving higher Im on FTSE 1st looking for 5407 short term and will be looking for 7k on a slightly longer time frame. the DOW will also give me some extra coin for chrimbo

OK, make a live call on the trade and we'll see how well you do. Don't call me a freeloader. I promise I won't steal your strategy. In any case I don't need it. I plan to pretend to be a lifetime investor like warrent buffet for the next 5 years.

Charles if you are that bothered ring up your broker and tell him to reverse it for yer, according to million dollar traders Anton Kriel that is what he is there for so treat him like your B****.
What did yer broker say charles?:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::mad::devilish::clover::love::love:

Hi Charles,
It's probably a bit late in the day now but, in the future, along with diversifying your portfolio as mentioned by another poster above - you could hedge your equity exposure with a short position on the appropriate market index. Opening a spread betting account for this purpose is quick and easy and the leverage offered means that you wouldn't need to deposit large sums of cash.

On a general note about Mr. Buffett, the last time this happened in 2008, he bought a $5 billion stake in Goldman Sachs.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/sep/24/warrenbuffett.goldmansachs
'Where there's crisis there's opportunity'.
Tim.

OK, make a live call on the trade and we'll see how well you do. Don't call me a freeloader. I promise I won't steal your strategy. In any case I don't need it. I plan to pretend to be a lifetime investor like warrent buffet for the next 5 years.

been there done that on T2W. I post what Im looking for, when Im in, where I will get out and if Im in a hole. my FTSE is about £4k up as I type, but overnight my DOW was in a hole about $44k

been there done that on T2W. I post what Im looking for, when Im in, where I will get out and if Im in a hole. my FTSE is about £4k up as I type, but overnight my DOW was in a hole about $44k

So you are nett 40k down ? Luckily I didn't free load on your signals. At this rate, you should be more angry than the OP.

Shares just needed to change hands between investors and institutions. Now that institutions have a greater percentage of those shares, it should go higher. Why should it go higher if a bunch of investors hold the shares. Institutions don't care if the price goes up when you're holding, only when they are.

Thanks for all your replies Guys Istill think it was irresponsable for investors or whatever to make the problem worse so I shall take this advantage now and buy now they are so cheap lovely, lovely ,good on yer Charles