Fat Prophets

Er, no. Merely your selective use of facts, to suit your own ends.

As pointed out previously, the ASIC matter was over ten years ago, and related performance calculations. This was resolved, without censure, fine, or any other penalties and thereafter all figures are audited.

We do NOT cold call.

It was an ASIC enforceable undertaking. You were calculating % returns without counting the losing trades and using that as advertising. A small oversight I'm sure.

So you can confirm that none of the people involved with those scams are now, or have very recently, worked for Fat Prophets (registered name Mint Financial)?

One of our sales guys did work briefly for Pacific Continental as a 23 y.o. trainee, and left when he realised they were a scam. Was meant to join Square Mile (and they added him on the FSA register) but did not join upon learning they too were a scam. This is obvious on the FSA register....

He certainly was NOT senior management, and he is a decent and honest bloke.

Fat Prophets do NOT cold call. (However, should you have information to the contrary, I would very much like to know. Please message me privately.)
Granted, I dont keep records of my phone calls, so this would be nigh on Impossible to prove..its not like I hear someone from Fat prophets, and think "I know I will record this call" or even bother to take the name of the person.
So consider that defamation retracted..
can't wait for the PB punchline though :clap:

Sarbjit Chahal BA ACISI
Vice President - UK and European Sales at Fat Prophets
United Kingdom

uk.linkedin.com/pub/sarbjit-chahal-ba-acisi/10/bba/48a/

Seems to have left off Pacific from his online CV. Wonder why?

Sarbjit Chahal BA ACISI
Vice President - UK and European Sales at Fat Prophets
United Kingdom

We've already been told that this employee has a very junior role. Vice President of UK and European sales presumably isn't a senior management position at fat prophets

You have to wonder why they'd call someone a Vice President, it sounds rather deceptive

Now you have you answer, Sarbjit Satpal Chahal worked for Pacific Continental Securites during the period they scammed people out of millions. He now works for Fat Prophets (registered name Mint Financial)

thats disgraceful
for sure, I would never deal with a company that would in any way be associated with employees like that
And yes, come to think of it..he called himself Sarb..and he was the one i was getting calls from
I cant believe how lucky i was now not to have fallen for his crap of great results

Last edited by a moderator:
thats disgraceful
for sure, I would never deal with a company that would in any way be associated with employees like that
And yes, come to think of it..he called himself Sarb..and he was the one i was getting calls from
I cant believe how lucky i was now not to have fallen for his crap of great results

Yes he's known as Sarb, still it's not often you can say you were on the phone with the Vice President.

The very same Mr Boyles who does not have the guts to identify himself (yes, I have messaged him privately, but this was ignored); preferring to make slanderous statements anonymously (apparently aided and abetted by the owners of this website)

What does he have to gain by identifying himself? Given that you've already made insinuations about potential legal action (irrespective of the likelyhood of that being successful) there wouldn't appear to be anything to gain from the pov of 'Mr Boyles'

Is this same Mr Boyles a competitor?

It wouldn't seem so - you're able to look at people's posting history on this site, you'll likely find that he has called into question a fairly wide variety of dubious firms... he'd have to have quite a business empire if his motivation was that all these firms were competitors of his... Perhaps he is running a tipping service, recruitment firm, training/mentoring company, trading arcade, CFD advisory brokerage, land brokerage, wine brokerage, carbon credit brokerage, coloured diamond brokerage and a few old fashioned boiler rooms... and while running this business empire he takes time out of his day to ensure he is critical of the competitors to each of his companies... it would seem to be a bit unlikely.

I repeat my earlier offer to anyone who is unhappy with our service - for any reason - to contact me privately, and I shall do my best to assist.

The whole premise behind a forum is that information is shared, if people want to post critically then they can - you'd be better off trying to address the criticism leveled than attempting to attack the poster making the criticism as it only causes you (and in turn the firm you're attempting to defend) to look a bit silly.

One of our sales guys did work briefly for Pacific Continental as a 23 y.o. trainee, and left when he realised they were a scam. Was meant to join Square Mile (and they added him on the FSA register) but did not join upon learning they too were a scam. This is obvious on the FSA register....

He certainly was NOT senior management, and he is a decent and honest bloke.

PacCon, Square Mile, Bridge Hall, Astor, First Trade....

Do all these firms have a solid reputation or was the guy spectacularly unlucky?

Wow! This is amazing.

Can I politely ask Fat Prophets for an explanation?

Last edited:
All of this information was available to Fat Prophets before they hired these guys, it takes 2 minutes to check someone out on the FSA register. The question is did they fail miserably in their due diligence or did they specifically hire people due to their experience in dodgy high pressure sales outfits.

We just need evidence now to determine if they cold call :LOL:

This is a a master class in online reputation management, they are almost in Mike Baghdadys league.

We just need evidence now to determine if they cold call :LOL:

This is a a master class in online reputation management, they are almost in Mike Baghdadys league.

Fat P said they definitely don't cold call, he sounded very sure of that. Although he was also very sure about a lot of other things. I suppose the secret shoppers will have to sign up and see what happens.

So if somebody dispenses with your services and you later start calling them trying to flog them something is that cold calling?

According to our old friend pboyles, to have simply worked briefly for an entity taints someone - and all their subsequent employers - for evermore. (G-d help those who work - or have worked - for the likes of Enron, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture) Barclays, RBS, etc ,etc....)

It is disappointing he has stooped to naming innocent and decent people - all of whom have unblemished reputations - on this website. This is compounded by Steve Anderton's apparent tacit support, allowing these nasty and unfounded claims to be made with impunity.

I repeat my earlier invitation to ANYONE who has any concerns to contact me directly.

According to our old friend pboyles, to have simply worked briefly for an entity taints someone - and all their subsequent employers - for evermore. (G-d help those who work - or have worked - for the likes of Enron, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture) Barclays, RBS, etc ,etc....)

It is disappointing he has stooped to naming innocent and decent people - all of whom have unblemished reputations - on this website. This is compounded by Steve Anderton's apparent tacit support, allowing these nasty and unfounded claims to be made with impunity.

I repeat my earlier invitation to ANYONE who has any concerns to contact me directly.

Stop digging that hole any deeper.

Where you aware of their previous employment history and did this cause you concern ?

It's not the fact that these individuals are tainted, its the fact that such a small company as yours could employ so many of them. What total percentage of your staff are associated with previously fraudulent companies ?

On the evidence provided it seams reasonable to me to assume that you where specifically hiring candidates with experience in high pressure sales, and candidates who where prepared to sell practically anything without question.

The reputations of these individuals are not unblemished, they are tainted by association, and some of them, are happy to make that information public via social media profiles, others, understandably are trying to hide those associations.

Last edited by a moderator:
FAO: Steve Anderton - it appears you are very quick to remove any reference to your own dubious practices - as highlighted by the hare's last post!