Fat Prophets

They also seem to be offering to manage your money for you on their UK website. For some strange reason there is no mention of their FSA registration, surely an oversight.

Trading

Fat Prophets is the trading name for Mint Financial (UK) Limited, (Company Number 04255908). Mint Financial (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (Firm Reference Number 220591).

Probably worth giving the FSA a bell to confirm. You can't trust everything you read on t'internet

I'm slightly baffled as to why Fatprophets has yet to respond. If this was my company I would feel the need to refute these claims.
Perhaps they're serving up brekkie to the homeless and will be back shortly.

So Dthang what do you make of this buffoon coming on here and threatening us with legal action and then positively encouraging us to expose your little run in with ASIC?

Shouldnt he just shut up next time?

DAVID THANG - United Kingdom | LinkedIn

Attachments

• thang.jpg
    thang.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 377
Fat Prophets is the trading name for Mint Financial (UK) Limited, (Company Number 04255908). Mint Financial (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (Firm Reference Number 220591).

Probably worth giving the FSA a bell to confirm. You can't trust everything you read on t'internet

Yes that's them.

The trading report has returned more than 21% over the past ten months.

10 months is an odd time frame to report over, why not a year?

Or why not report the returns over the period of Dec 2008 - 31 January 2013 as on your website at - Performance

6.03% over 5 years for UK equities is not amazing.

For reference here are links to performance for the other UK based reports:

UK equities performance
UK Equities

Euro mining performance
Euro Mining

This is untrue. Either produce proof, or retract the statement.

Proof? What.. that you guys are useless? It has already been done.

Hey, I notice you guys respond to forum threads like you respond to my emails - only took you two weeks. And, I'm still waiting for my emails two years later!

Retract the statement? The only thing that needs to be retracted is your claimed success rate.

Instead of wasting time here why aren't you out doing some real research? Maybe then you wouldn't have to defend yourself against so many unsatisfied customers.

My tip for the markets - don't subscribe to Fat Prophets.

Last edited:

Hey, I notice you guys respond to forum threads like you respond to my emails - only took you two weeks. And, I'm still waiting for my emails two years later!

Retract the statement? The only thing that needs to be retracted is your claimed success rate.

Instead of wasting time here why aren't you out doing some real research? Maybe then you wouldn't have to defend yourself against so many unsatisfied customers.

Are you waiting for a refund? Looks like youre not the only one.

TMF: Fat Prophets / A fool And His Money...

Author: geeWCee Number: 28671 of 28912
Subject: Re: Fat Prophets Date: 14/12/2012 11:04
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just in case someone searches this thread:
Don't go near these guys - customer service is great UNTIL you want a refund and then you are just forgotten about and ignored. After giving my written notice of cancellation and many subsequent phonecalls and emails (which get ignored) I am having to go to the trouble of arranging a chargeback on my credit card through my bank, which will take another 40 days to process. Fat Prophets just will not process it and fob you off with pathetic stories of bosses being in a different country. Unless you definately know you will stay with the service avoid taking the 'free' trial with these guys.

Are you waiting for a refund? Looks like youre not the only one.

Hi PBoyles. I'm a fan of your work.

Unfortunately I was with Fat Prophets for almost a year before a friend pointed out how much better I could be doing with decent advice. I did a little research and found he was completely right. I was running way behind with these guys.

I didn't just waste the subscription money, I lost time and potential profit.

The most annoying part of my experience with Fat Prophets is the lack of accountability for bad calls. Everyone picks a dog occasionally, but to try and pretend it never happened is a bit too slimey for me.

I've written it off as a learning experience. I'm wiser for it.

Well done again Mr Boyles - nice work.

"David is young, full of energy and willing to do whatever it takes..."

Probably the exuberance of youth... just doing his thang.

I notice that he didn't last long at Goldman-JBWere... I used to work with those guys before they became GS-Australia.

Well done again Mr Boyles - nice work.

"David is young, full of energy and willing to do whatever it takes..."

Probably the exuberance of youth... just doing his thang.

I notice that he didn't last long at Goldman-JBWere... I used to work with those guys before they became GS-Australia.

Why the nasty attack on David's character?

And why pat Mr Boyles on the back for his attempted hatchet-job on Fat Prophets?

The very same Mr Boyles who does not have the guts to identify himself (yes, I have messaged him privately, but this was ignored); preferring to make slanderous statements anonymously (apparently aided and abetted by the owners of this website)

Is this same Mr Boyles a competitor?

I repeat my earlier offer to anyone who is unhappy with our service - for any reason - to contact me privately, and I shall do my best to assist.

I am in London, not Sydney. Should you have issues, please drop me a line privately on here, and I shall see to it.

So Dthang what do you make of this buffoon coming on here and threatening us with legal action and then positively encouraging us to expose your little run in with ASIC?

Shouldnt he just shut up next time?

DAVID THANG - United Kingdom | LinkedIn

You are appear keen to dredge pretty meaningless stuff from over a decade ago: this company was NOT fined or censured by ASIC , but then did not have the guts to identify yourself when asked.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You came here and threatened people, you were warned that we knew about your previous infractions with ASIC, you were warned to go away and let things lie, you made more stupid threats and then you were outed. In other words if you'd just shut up and cleared off there would have been no 'hatchet job'.

As for being a competitor let me just say that people should never get involved with ANY company that offers any sort of advisory services, you will lose money with any of them. All of them are out to churn and burn your accounts, no exceptions.

Please send your personal details privately. We have already requested them from Steve Anderton of Trade2Win.

Please send your personal details privately. We have already requested them from Steve Anderton of Trade2Win.

Are you really as stupid as you make out ?

1) Steve doesn't have anyone's details, only an IP address and as we all know (except you) Mr Boyles hides behind a proxy server located in BELGIUM

2 clearly Steve is a bit unhinged (he wouldn't be running t2w otherwise) but he isn't crazy enough to disclose any information about one of his members. The shining beacon isn't burning to brightly, but the disclosure of anyones personal details would extinguish their flame completely.

Capiche ? So get your cheque book out and P Boyles will be swimming with the fishes

Last edited by a moderator:

You've stormed on here, full of bluff and bully, and attacked those who have found your service to be of poor standards and your business dealings shady in more ways than one.

Instead of taking the negative comments on the chin and using them as feedback to improve your business, you've thrown yourself on the ground and had a complete dummy-spit.

Thank you for joining the forum. You've done more damage to your reputation than anyone else could have possibly done. People can now see the type of "professional standards" they'll receive from Fat Prophets.

Well done!