Fat Prophets

I'm sure the owner of this business does indeed generate Fat Prophets LOL

Indeed, the founder has generated very fat profits for our clients since we were established in 1999/2000; and before. He has also got a number of the important calls correct i.e. the dot.com bubble and subsequent recovery; gold; and the GFC.

As one of the Fat Prophets team, I am always free to discuss via this website. Regards, Fat Boy

sorry to hear that....did you chase them? i've contacted my bank after they've ignored my email requests but once i started chasing them on the phone they had no choice but to pay me back.

they are certainly not worth a penny....GL

I am most concerned to hear your view and as one of the Fat Prophets team, should you have any concerns, please contact me via this website and I shall happily discuss. Regards, Fat Boy

hey Newbies (if you are ;))

no one made money copying others or paying FAT fees to others

if your smart then take some independent decisions and chose some realistic trading strategies and run with them

use the money you would have paid to external vendors to support your own trades and research

and become traders ....not cannon fodder for vendors :cool:

N

We do NOT charge FAT fees - on the contrary, our raison d'etre is to deliver a superior and cost effective service to retail investors. For example, managed funds are one of the biggest rip-offs in our view (and also John Bogle's, founder of Vanguard Funds) and that is why we were a pioneer of SMA's in Australia and the UK.

We are privately owned and dedicated solely to prviate investors. Should you wish to dicuss further, please contact me via this website. Best regards, Fat Boy

Hi , Fat Prophets have been on to me today - wanted me to pay them over £3k + vat for one year of advice !!!!!

Did you proceed? As one of the Fat Prophets team, should you have any concerns, please contact me via this website and I shall address them immediately. Regards, Fat Boy

I've heard from FP this month and they have a special deal for £1500 for five years access to all services. Uk equities eu mining Aus equities and mining, USA equities and their trading report. Seems quite cheap... Is it worth this money?

Did you proceed? As one of the Fat Prophets team, should you wish to discuss, please contact me via this website. Kind regards, Fat Boy

FP have contacted me repeatedly in last few weeks with an offer of 3yrs subscription for AUD$770. It is because I had a bad experience approx 2 yrs ago and lost continuously. Didn't even make back my subscription money. I have done some research on forums and there are many unhappy customers out there. Unfortunately many threads date from pre 2009 but I don't see a change in the way the company works. I'm very reluctant to go down same path again and currently continue to make small but constant profits trading a select handful of stocks of my own chosing. :sneaky:

G'day Wombat, as one of the Fat Prophets team, should you have any concerns, please contact me via this website and I shall do my best to assist. Best regards, Fat Boy

For example, managed funds are one of the biggest rip-offs in our view (and also John Bogle's, founder of Vanguard Funds)

Vanguard? :LOL:

Just as an example:

Vanguard Emerging Markets 5 year return: 34.9%

The fund I use, and have done for many years based on careful research (First State Global Emerging Markets Leaders): 93.5%

And what if one were just to choose any bog-standard managed fund in that sector? Just pick a bunch at random, with no selection, and pay their rip-off fees? The Global Emerging Markets sector average: 42.1%

Vanguard? :LOL:

Just as an example:

Vanguard Emerging Markets 5 year return: 34.9%

The fund I use, and have done for many years based on careful research (First State Global Emerging Markets Leaders): 93.5%

And what if one were just to choose any bog-standard managed fund in that sector? Just pick a bunch at random, with no selection, and pay their rip-off fees? The Global Emerging Markets sector average: 42.1%

In case you misunderstood, John Bogle is a great critic of funds and how they rip off the average investor which he discusses at length in his book "The little book of common sense investing". It is all well and good to select a few star performers (and ignoring the survivorship bias of published returns), but the reality is that funds enrich the managers - not the clients: a point the respected and maverick Terry Smith has also been making over the past couple of years.

No. I can say that because it's true. Your raison d'etre is to generate fees and subscriptions.

You appear to be a cynic Mr Leopard. Of course we mean to "generate fees and subscriptions" - we are a business after all. However in so doing, our interests are aligned with those of our clients; as it once was in the City before "big bang' and the advent of the American Investment Bank model replete with bonuses; when the stock exchange motto "my word is my bond" actually meant something.

In case you misunderstood, John Bogle is a great critic of funds and how they rip off the average investor which he discusses at length in his book "The little book of common sense investing". It is all well and good to select a few star performers (and ignoring the survivorship bias of published returns), but the reality is that funds enrich the managers - not the clients: a point the respected and maverick Terry Smith has also been making over the past couple of years.

Of course I did not misunderstand. John Bogle has his own agenda and good luck to him.

Some funds rip off investors. So do grubby little tip-sheets.

I am not "select[ing]a few star performers (and ignoring the survivorship bias...). I selected that fund many years ago based on careful but basic research. By doing my own work I was able to make an intelligent selection that has over 5 years produced three times the returns of Mr Bogie's vehicle.

You appear to be a cynic Mr Leopard. Of course we mean to "generate fees and subscriptions" - we are a business after all. However in so doing, our interests are aligned with those of our clients; as it once was in the City before "big bang' and the advent of the American Investment Bank model replete with bonuses; when the stock exchange motto "my word is my bond" actually meant something.

Can you point me to your publicly-audited track record of recommendations is please, including open positions? Can you also demonstrate evidence that it is genuine, and that advised prices were available at the time recommendations were made?

Further, please post the results of taking every one of your recommendations over the past 5 years.

Last edited:
Can you point me to your publicly-audited track record of recommendations is please, including open positions? Can you also demonstrate evidence that it is genuine, and that advised prices were available at the time recommendations were made?

Further, please post the results of taking every one of your recommendations over the past 5 years.

Feel free to look at our website, it is all there.

Feel free to look at our website, it is all there.

No it isn't. All I can see is some crap about hypothetical returns.

Even on its own terms it is meaningless (it tells us nothing about the weighting of each position, for example, it does not give proof that the quoted prices were indeed available, it ignores costs as far as I can see etc etc etc ad infinitum).

As a representative of Fat Prophets I would just like to point out the following.

Firstly there are two primary services. Trading and Advisory

Our trading service which is aimed at CFD providers and spreadbetters. Our performance numbers overall are very good on the trading report.

All performance information is available to the public, thus encouraging transparency of our results.

Our returns being detailed below:

Global Markets trades (currencies, commodities, bonds) 3.17% up in May2012 and up by 50.91% since inception in Dec 2008

UK equities trades, up 0.38% up in May 2012 and up by 5.79% since inception in Dec 2008

Aussie equities trades, up 0.38% up in May and up by 23.54% since inception in Dec 2008

See the link below.

Monthly Wrap Up

So we are showing positive returns on all our trading books, and comparing favourably to benchmarks.

Every trader has their rough patch and it is true that a group of external traders who were contributing to the product did deliver a poor return late 2011,early 2012. Their contract has been terminated due to poor performance. Our new trading team is performing well since.

Our advisory business meanwhile targets medium to long term investing. As such we do not generally consider return periods of less than a year. The FTSE is off almost 10% since its peak a few months ago and we continue to believe we are in fertile buying territory. We don't claim to buy on dips at the exact bottom, and never have....However our audited annual returns are reasonable and show that we get it right more than not over the medium to longer term - with an average across all medium/long term focussed products of around 18% gross returns per year. Our UK product is showing a return of 16% per year annualised to Feb.

We do offer pro-rata returns for some multi-year advisory subscriptions after the deduction of one year’s membership, although these do not apply to past members.

Stay well clear of outfits like this.

Because anyone who gets involved with companies like yours will lose money. Just like people have been reporting here.

Pure nonsense - and not all cients lose money.

Forums such as this are an easy platform for all sorts of complaints and occasionally cranks. Anyone with a legitimate grievance is invited to contact us directly. (We are already investigating the issues raised by the lady above).

We are a well-established and respected company, with a good track record and regulated by the FSA in the UK, and ASIC in Australia. Our success is built as much on our commitment to private investors as it is to the performance of our recommendations over more than a decade.

Should your previous statement be based on fact, we would be most interested to hear from you.