Fat Prophets

Hey Springz...you still a member with FP...I am thinking about their CFD offer? MS

I've been with FP for about 9 months now. I would be interested to know what are your main concerns. As for me I think they are o.k. but you have to be selective with their recs. Also, only now, am I learning that their daily feedback reports need to be translated. For instance, if they report that such and such a price move "was NOT IDEAL but (stick with it).." Don't do any such thing. What they mean to say is that they called it wrong but can't bring themselves to cancel the trade. That's what you've got to do though - pull the plug a.s.a.p.- if you want to avoid the inevitable stop out that they are prepared to sit through. Could say more but enough for here.

anyone knows how to get those Fat DEVILS to refund my money back?? tried them for 2 weeks and didnt find their style compatable to mine so i asked for a refund by following their dodgy terms and conditions rules. its been 2 weeks and no refund yet, no replies to my emails and on the phone they tell you what you want to hear and then disapear again. any tips on how to make them pay ???

anyone knows how to get them to refund my money back?? tried them for 2 weeks and didnt find their style compatable to mine so i asked for a refund by following their terms and conditions rules. its been 2 weeks and no refund yet, no replies to my emails and on the phone they tell you what you want to hear and then disapear again. any tips on how to make them pay ???

Keep posting your experiences here. If they are refusing to honour their refund policy then this publicity will hurt them. None of these type of companies ever give back money easily, they will try all the tricks in the book. If you paid by credit card you may have a better chance by contacting your bank and stating the goods supplied were not up to scratch. Good luck.

Keep posting your experiences here. If they are refusing to honour their refund policy then this publicity will hurt them. None of these type of companies ever give back money easily, they will try all the tricks in the book. If you paid by credit card you may have a better chance by contacting your bank and stating the goods supplied were not up to scratch. Good luck.

thanks alot for your reply. yes i paid by credit card so will contact the bank and see.

thanks alot for your reply. yes i paid by credit card so will contact the bank and see.

DO NOT - I REPEAT DO NOT pay money to this company, there are better out there and as i have just found out they will not give you your money back.. I am now having to claim through my credit card company.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm sure the owner of this business does indeed generate Fat Prophets LOL

DO NOT - I REPEAT DO NOT pay money to this company, there are better out there and as i have just found out they will not give you your money back.. I am now having to claim through my credit card company.

sorry to hear that....did you chase them? i've contacted my bank after they've ignored my email requests but once i started chasing them on the phone they had no choice but to pay me back.

they are certainly not worth a penny....GL

hey Newbies (if you are ;))

no one made money copying others or paying FAT fees to others

if your smart then take some independent decisions and chose some realistic trading strategies and run with them

use the money you would have paid to external vendors to support your own trades and research

and become traders ....not cannon fodder for vendors :cool:

N

Hi , Fat Prophets have been on to me today - wanted me to pay them over £3k + vat for one year of advice !!!!!

I've heard from FP this month and they have a special deal for £1500 for five years access to all services. Uk equities eu mining Aus equities and mining, USA equities and their trading report. Seems quite cheap... Is it worth this money?

not worth it imo. but if you want to try them make sure you ask for a 2-4 weeks trial period and be prepared to do some serious chasing for a refund if you thought they werent helpful. GL

Thanks Arkk. I will bear that in mind. I think the guy mentioned a four week trial period. I'd pay on credit card anyway so it would be possible to reclaim the money.

FP have contacted me repeatedly in last few weeks with an offer of 3yrs subscription for AUD$770. It is because I had a bad experience approx 2 yrs ago and lost continuously. Didn't even make back my subscription money. I have done some research on forums and there are many unhappy customers out there. Unfortunately many threads date from pre 2009 but I don't see a change in the way the company works. I'm very reluctant to go down same path again and currently continue to make small but constant profits trading a select handful of stocks of my own chosing. :sneaky:

Thanks Arkk. I will bear that in mind. I think the guy mentioned a four week trial period. I'd pay on credit card anyway so it would be possible to reclaim the money.

Hi ryandj2222 - I trust you went ahead with the trial, and hope you're finding it useful. Should you experience any problems, please don't hesitate to let me know - I'm part of the Fat Prophets team in the UK and here to assist.
Cheers
Fat boy

Does anyone have any knowledge of Fat Prophets. I seem to have concerns about them but on the other hand they are on the homepage of T D waterhouse.

We have enjoyed a long realtionship with TDW. As one of the Fat Prophets team, should you have any concerns, please contact me via this website and I shall address them immediately. Regards, Fat Boy

anyone knows how to get those Fat DEVILS to refund my money back?? tried them for 2 weeks and didnt find their style compatable to mine so i asked for a refund by following their dodgy terms and conditions rules. its been 2 weeks and no refund yet, no replies to my emails and on the phone they tell you what you want to hear and then disapear again. any tips on how to make them pay ???

There is nothing dodgy - as you put it - regarding our T&C's. They're published on our website and nothing out of the ordinary.
As one of the Fat Prophets team, should you have any concerns, please contact me via this website and I shall address them immediately. Regards, Fat Boy

Avtarsaini (& anyone else thinkiking of joining FP)

As I said in my last post, having had my fingers burned , I am now only following the progress of FP's recs. out of interest. As far as I can see they are going from bad to worse.

Reading between the lines, they are concerned, themselves, about their many failures these past months. Virtually every trade rec. now is suggesting HALF the capital risk they used to suggest.

It would take too long to say all I could. So here are their last 20 results. As you will see 14 out of 20 have gone down:-

(The first date is when trade entered, the second when exited: the last figure on each line is profit/loss either in GBP or AUD):-

580 Short Equity ALL AUD 09 Dec 3.71 16 Dec 4.00 0.29 43.92 -1696.05
577 Long Equity DLAR GBP 04 Dec 995 09 Dec 960 35 13.63 -257.58
578 Short Bond TYH0 USD 04 Dec 117.71 08 Dec 118.56 0.85 20 -506.25
562 Short Equity BARC GBP 11 Nov 330 04 Dec 306 0.24 10 156.80
569 Long Equity TLW GBP 03 Dec 1300 04 Dec 1260 -40 17.82 -296.22
563 Long Equity JKX GBP 17 Nov 305 30 Nov 260 45 10 -427.15
561 Long Equity CEY AUD 17 Nov 3.55 27 Nov 3.24 -0.31 20 -1804
565 Long Commodity NGF0 USD 18 Nov 4.86 19 Nov 4.62 -0.24 20 -480
559 Long Commodity SpotGold USD 03 Nov 1072.5 09 Nov 1109 36.50 0 547.50
557 Short Equity HFD GBP 29 Oct 390 05 Nov 416 -26 13.20 -439.08
558 Long Equity FGL AUD 03 Nov 5.52 04 Nov 5.39 -0.13 137.74 -1,780.55
546 Long Equity NCM AUD 07 Oct 35.37 29 Oct 33.00 -2.37 53.60 -1,963.82
541 Long Equity AXA AUD 30 Sep 4.31 27 Oct 4.44 0.13 30.83 841.84
551 Long Equity MCR AUD 13 Oct 2.50 27 Oct 2.32 -0.18 17.90 -1,425.89
552 Long Equity CEY AUD 14 Oct 3.40 27 Oct 3.16 -0.24 44.29 -1,664.53
554 Long Equity PAN AUD 22 Oct 2.61 27 Oct 2.61 0 49.37 -49.37
548 Long Equity CNT AUD 09 Oct 1.97 26 Oct 2.35 0.38 20.02 1,600.30
545 Long Equity KCN AUD 07 Oct 8.47 23 Oct 7.90 -0.57 52.81 -1,846.80
547 Long Equity CEY GBP 07 Oct 105.25 23 Oct 125 19.75 10 585.46
549 Long Commodity CLZ9 USD 12 Oct 78.98 21 Oct 81.80 7.65 40 503.15

At least they maintain a record - unlike some - but it's not good !
Hope this helps you decide.

As one of the Fat Prophets team, should you have any concerns, please contact me via this website and I shall address them immediately. Regards, Fat Boy

Hi everyone,

this is my first post with t2w, and I too am looking for a good share analysis firm to get solid advice from. I was contacted by fp in march 2010 but they were very pushy, so I left it. One thing I've noticed about the earlier posts re fp is that at the time (end 2009) shares were rocketing up, so it is odd that they have such a poor record. I think I will give them a miss. thx for your contributions that have helped me. sorry I can't add anymore.

Are you referring to the trading report or one of our other investment reports?

Out of interest, was this refund honoured? As one of the Fat Prophets team, should you have any concerns, please contact me via this website and I shall address them immediately. Regards, Fat Boy

I am not sure about the circumstances, but IF there was a delay in processing your refund, I would understand your annoyance. However, to imply our performance or conduct is not up to par, is simply not right. As one of the Fat Prophets team, feel free to contact me via this website. Regards, Fat Boy