Facebook

I don't understand people that are so paranoid although no offence to you is meant by that. I couldn't even get my mate to open a betonmarkets account the other day where they give you a free money bet because he was scared of giving his birthday and address?!

It has nothing to do with being paranoid and everything to do with lack of control over your own personal life. A friend or relative starts a facebook site and thinks they have an automatic right to put your details/photos/etc in without consultation. If you don't mind, that's fine, but don't call it paranoid :mad:

As good as the potential is for facebook to unite old friends etc. Facebook also has the potential to end friendships.

A man murdered his wife as a result of her status update on facebook, stating that she was in the process of leaving him. He then killed himself.

I had someone add me as a friend recently who i used to work with, play football with and go to school with. We both worked in the same town for a short while a few years back, and would pass each other on our dinner hours. I'd look at him, he'd do anything but look at me! (perhaps he was embarassed by the nancy boy fake tan he was sporting at the time!).But now he wants to be my friend? would he still ignore me in the street? :confused:

I've also had someone who i am just about presently in contact with, add one of my friends as his friends but not do the same with me, despite the fact I've given him lifts places etc.
It's all this petty BS, that i don't have much time for, playground antics, that i didn't even engage in when in the playground, so why bother on the Internet :confused:.

I know people who have people as their "friends" who i know for a fact cannot stand each other! I've heard of keeping your friends close, and your enemies closer etc...

So yes, overall i agree that facebook is BS in many ways. It'd be lovely if we lived in a bitch free world where everyone wants to get on & help their fellow man, but in my experience this isn't so. A lot of people like to laugh at each other, practise one-up-manship, feel superior, play tricks, tell tales etc. (fu** me - he's turned into a fat bast***, jesus, she used to have such perked breasts! and to think he used to get all the girls - LOOK AT HIM NOW :LOL::clap: etc.).

And as for all the crappy, pointless meaningless games like - zombies, mob wars, etc. that i get endless invites to add, until i give in and add, I just dont get!

Many see facebook as a platform to show off - and there's nothing wrong with that, they're only human.
So yes, i do have a facebook account, but the info i put on there about myself is a minimal amount.

Besides being able to stay on contact with people who i genuinely like/d, basically i like facebook so that i can say - here's a picture of me and my supermodel girlfriend supping cocktails in Antigua, here's a photo of my 6 bedroom mansion, oh, and here me sitting in my new Range Rover!..........(just kidding, I'm not that shallow!)

So, i think Facebook probably started out as a nobel venture, but has turned into a bit of a monster, all things considered - such as pointless apps., huge revenue stream for the owners, etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was actually the govt or CIA behind facebook - with the aims of -
1) conditioning us to interact with other people by computer rather than in person (divide & conquer etc)
2) Get everyone into the habit of spying on our neighbours, telling tales etc. in this "big brother" world that we live in.

Apart from these minor gripes, i love facebook :).

Last edited:
I've heard of keeping your friends close, and your enemies closer etc...

Aha.

Classic Lyndon B. Johnson 101:

"It's better to have em in the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in."

:D

Well it all depends on your social life I suppose. Me, I have no ties, the weekends are a blur, sometimes too blurry, actually they are beginning to be far too outrageous. Parties get arranged, people get shamed the morning after, it's all good. It's up to the individual I suppose, IMO fb does no harm to anyone you just need to treat it for what it is, namely fun. Oh I'd also say if your single it is an extremely good way to get dates if you have the right girlfriends!

Good example, last night I updated my status to

"if you want to come fishing with me on my boat then meet me at 6.30 down the harbour!"

2 buddy's turned up, we got mackerel and pollack but no bass, ah well!

Good trading all!

One thing i've noticed recently with facebook is that a couple of my friends have deleted their profiles completely.

One had 1300 friends :LOL:
The other had every app. going & had played each game about 300 times :LOL:

I think there is a clear "facebook has taken over my life, and i want it back" phenomen going on. :cool: People are fighting back, they're de-facebooking themselves.....

Anyone had a need to delete any of their facebook enrolled friends yet?

Just curious.

For me, i wouldn't do this lightly. The individual would need to have done something pretty wrong - such as, screw me up the proverbial *******, or hang me out to dry in some way.:eek:

I've noticed some friends delete certain people, as friendships come & go.:cry: Hell, one friend (my cousin), i noticed one day he had 25 friends, the next week he only had 18! Someone must have got busy with the friend editor ;)

Last edited:
FB should evolve, possibly into something we find useful. e.g. imagine it linked up to T2W so you could see some select bits of info from FB instead of the normal avatar?