Exposed Scammers

didn't the screenshots from a phone put you off.:LOL:
Had I known that at the time, yeah obviously.
I didn't know about that, like I say, I didn't see much harm so didn't scour every post.
Obviously spreadbet scalping on a mobile is BS.
I am aware of the importance of connection latency:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/178250-etx-capital-slippage-6.html#post2178458
Like I say, my main balls up was just not looking closely enough at what was going on.

Last edited:
:oops: Gutted and embarrassed, he had me fooled.(n)

Over the weekend I reflected on his contributions and style, the issues of the number of trades, no losing trades etc etc and came to the conclusion things, perhaps were not as they seemed.

Logged into T2W and found this, feel a bit of a fool now.

Always the danger of the on line community, you never really know, and everything should be treated with a pinch of salt.

:oops: Gutted and embarrassed, he had me fooled.(n)

Over the weekend I reflected on his contributions and style, the issues of the number of trades, no losing trades etc etc and came to the conclusion things, perhaps were not as they seemed.

Logged into T2W and found this, feel a bit of a fool now.

Always the danger of the on line community, you never really know, and everything should be treated with a pinch of salt.

Don't worry, you weren't alone.
At least you have had the balls to admit you were wrong.
Practically everyone else is keeping their heads down or saying they knew all along.

If no-one actually asked for any money, or gave him money, then no-one has been scammed. The thread itself was at least an entertaining diversion, which is something T2W has lacked recently.

He generally operates by grooming people on the forums and then moves them over to twitter or Skype. I recall on one previous occasion he posted charts with his Skype name at the bottom, this time he created a twitter feed and no doubt PMed the link to the more gullible people that he identified. Just because he didn't ask for money publicly doesn't mean he didn't manage to scam a few people. There were generally 30 or so people watching that thread so I'm sure some gave him money or at the very least were being lined up for it.

Don't worry, you weren't alone.
At least you have had the balls to admit you were wrong.
Practically everyone else is keeping their heads down or saying they knew all along.

Listening, on the BBC this morning, how young people get tempted away from home by pedarasts it becomes obvious how credible this is when grown men can be taken in by a poster like Dax.

He generally operates by grooming people on the forums and then moves them over to twitter or Skype. I recall on one previous occasion he posted charts with his Skype name at the bottom, this time he created a twitter feed and no doubt PMed the link to the more gullible people that he identified. Just because he didn't ask for money publicly doesn't mean he didn't manage to scam a few people. There were generally 30 or so people watching that thread so I'm sure some have him money or at the very least were being lined up for it.

True.
Still can't believe not many people have apologised to you
or thanked you, although I'm not surprised.
Don't know why you bother, just as well you do though.
I'll remember this thread next time so I don't drop the ball in future.

Well well well, Mr Dax turned out to be talking Cac then.
:LOL:

This thread has certainly opened my eyes, as I took this chap for face value, and my suspicions were certainly not aroused especially since the mod was being over zealous, and removing posts by seasoned members quite quickly who dared to question him.

I think the very worst aspect of that thread was all those members on here who were quick to send him private messages to warn him of which members to be wary of. I've always believed in whatever one has to say, to say it to ones face, not bitching behind their back, and I assume with great certainty that these same private messagers were quick to pm Dax on the doubters. Now don't you guys feel ashamed. If not, you should do.

Personally speaking, if Dax had later on offered any tuition I would probably have paid him for it, as learning new things can never be a bad thing(just being honest), and I can honestly say, that a friend of mine, whom I pointed towards this site/that thread was even prepared to pm him to ask if he would take investment from him, lucky for him he has been warned before any disasterous actions were taken by him.

Lastly may I thank the forum members who dared to put their head above the pulpit, and challenge the status quo, as if it was not for you guys a lot of people could have potentially ripped off.

Best
John.

He generally operates by grooming people on the forums and then moves them over to twitter or Skype. I recall on one previous occasion he posted charts with his Skype name at the bottom, this time he created a twitter feed and no doubt PMed the link to the more gullible people that he identified. Just because he didn't ask for money publicly doesn't mean he didn't manage to scam a few people. There were generally 30 or so people watching that thread so I'm sure some gave him money or at the very least were being lined up for it.

I don't know what Mr Spreadbut has done previously. Does he take this money in return for 'a service' (trading instruction). If so, even if he's useless at it he's not really doing anything illegal.

On the other hand, if he just disappears with the loot and has done the same before it's surprising Knacker of the Yard can't track him down. For one thing, if those are genuine trade tickets he posted, albeit for bets placed both ways, surely City Index would be able to help, rather than appearing to be an accessory to fraud?

I don't know what Mr Spreadbut has done previously. Does he take this money in return for 'a service' (trading instruction). If so, even if he's useless at it he's not really doing anything illegal.

On the other hand, if he just disappears with the loot and has done the same before it's surprising Knacker of the Yard can't track him down. For one thing, if those are genuine trade tickets he posted, albeit for bets placed both ways, surely City Index would be able to help, rather than appearing to be an accessory to fraud?

On one occasion it was a trading room which he subsequently abandoned once the money was in. Other times he flogs some crap e book to them. As it's all based on lies in the first place then it's fraud.

Personally speaking, if Dax had later on offered any tuition I would probably have paid him for it, as learning new things can never be a bad thing(just being honest), and I can honestly say, that a friend of mine, whom I pointed towards this site/that thread was even prepared to pm him to ask if he would take investment from him, lucky for him he has been warned before any disasterous actions were taken by him.

Yikes - I have to ask... how did your friend come by his money in the first place if he's willing to give seed money to semi literate bulletin board posters!?

You know what Mr Gekko says....

I think the very worst aspect of that thread was all those members on here who were quick to send him private messages to warn him of which members to be wary of. I've always believed in whatever one has to say, to say it to ones face, not bitching behind their back, and I assume with great certainty that these same private messagers were quick to pm Dax on the doubters. Now don't you guys feel ashamed. If not, you should do.

The problem with this guy is that he likes to gloat about ripping people off. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back and published all the supportive PMs just to embarrass people.

Of course this all assumes that he actually got supportive PMs, it's not like we could take his word for it.

Yikes - I have to ask... how did your friend come by his money in the first place if he's willing to give seed money to semi literate bulletin board posters!?

You know what Mr Gekko says....

He made his money in property development. I'm sure like any successful businessman, he would do his due diligence accordingly.

Best
John

The problem with this guy is that he likes to gloat about ripping people off. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back and published all the supportive PMs just to embarrass people.

Of course this all assumes that he actually got supportive PMs, it's not like we could take his word for it.

Sounds like a real scumbag.

I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard for someone on here to find out who he really is, and expose him fully.

Best
John.

He made his money in property development. I'm sure like any successful businessman, he would do his due diligence accordingly.

Best
John

I think you've bigged him up here, John, why did he want to make 10% on low five figures? That being the most you could offer to some semi cretin who spread bets...?

I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard for someone on here to find out who he really is, and expose him fully.

Best
John.

Careful Mr Fox - how would you stand up to that kind of scrutiny?

He's a witch!
Dunk him - if he doesn't drown he is a witch and we'll burn him at the stake.

Best
John.

I like to find him.

Start a business.

Put him in charge of sale's and marketing.

I sent him a couple of emails (with no names mentioned) warning him to keep the thread on track, otherwise it would become a mess, like many others that I have read.

My interest in all this is, solely, to have a good read, without the lultz that seems so popular with some. I had no reason to believe, when I sent him those, that he was anyone other than a straightforward member with some trading ideas to share and discuss.

Anyway, I'm fed up with him, now, and am going to look at other threads! :)

Careful Mr Fox - how would you stand up to that kind of scrutiny?

He's a witch!
Dunk him - if he doesn't drown he is a witch and we'll burn him at the stake.

May I just ask, do you know this Dax person, as you seem to be defending him, or were you one of those people who sent him pm's wanting to be his friend, as I just can't fathom how you can not think that he is not a scumbag.

How about I send you a friend's request on here, so you can be my friend, that way you won't need to be up Dax's backside.

P.S. I must warn you though, I have nothing to sell you, nor am I interested to invest on your behalf.

Best
John.