Exposed Scammers

PeeBee

I wonder why we never get any whistle blowers saying that this sort of thing happened as a result of a thread? Surely not everyone would be so embarrassed .

I suppose when you've accused the 'trolls' and 'haters' of 'ruining the thread' it's pretty difficult to admit you were wrong. Most of the people that lose money will keep quiet about it.

Of course if you're 'spread bet magazine' then you take out a hit on him instead.

PeeBee

I wonder why we never get any whistle blowers saying that this sort of thing happened as a result of a thread? Surely not everyone would be so embarrassed .

Though that gives me an idea. Next time I'm going undercover as a dim witted binary options trader that wants to get into index trading. That could be fun.

You open 20 trades on IG and 20 trades on City in the opposite direction. 10 win on IG and 10 win on city (for example). You just post the 10 winners from city, and lose the spread, which is more than made up for by some numpty handing over his cash.

I think the best lesson into trading from Dax30's thread is the one that's unintentional - the thread itself.

But needn't worry. There will be another one along soon

If City won't let you have long and shorts on the same instrument you can just bet both ways on two similar markets. Daily and a future, for instance.

So are you going to apologise for banning me permanently for daring to raise that possibility? More importantly the next time he appears are you going to listen?

Yep,, apologies. Was never a permanent ban though.

Yep,, apologies. Was never a permanent ban though.

Let's be honest - the moment someone gives their full name from their very first post on a public internet forum, 99.999% of the time you'd be right to ban them...

"Hi I'm Nick Powell, ex fireman..."

No Facebook hits there Nick despite your X Factor generation ability to write, an impossible correlation - ka-ka-ban!

What a disappointment, but well done to pboyles, especially for sticking with it after being threatened with a ban for posting what turned out out to be the truth.

One thing that puzzles me is that Mr Daxbet, scammer or not, apparently would have the ability to make a profit from trading, so why doesn't he just do that instead of pulling elaborate con tricks that probably take more time and effort?

Also, if he's done similar things before, why would he post trades, imaginary or not, that raise suspicion? Why not include a few more losers to make it credible?

It's a bit ironic that despite everything the DAX30 thread still contains far more good advice than so many others - or most of the legitimate trading courses, come to that!

Vasco - do you really think what he posted constitutes good advice though? :confused:

I'm yet to meet anyone who lives well from trading opening ranges, INTRAday pivots and non-volume based support and resistance. Hear a lot of BS about it on forums mind...

Fair point, and I doubt the mods would say something like that without it being fact.
It appears you were right.
He didn't fool me as such, but I certainly didn't have the suspicions you did either.
Must pay more attention next time...like actually looking at posts in more detail
than I actually did.
I admit I took it at face value, as I wasn't that interested, I didn't delve deeper.

Quite a few people owe you an apology, which you probably won't get.
Me on the other hand, I was wrong and you were right.
Well done.

Even Johnny Five couldn't manage intraday trades on the DAX with that rate of success via a prorealtime skin...

Cheers. The serial numbers should be useful. ;-)

Stop threatening this idiot and change tack - you are acting unlawfully yourselves in doing so - because your magazine is somewhat under the radar from the public domain, you're able to get away with such language. Were you threatening a public figure on twitter, for right or wrong, you would already have had a knock for much lighter language than you have used thus far.

It shows an utter lack of prudence and professionalism in my opinion - your whole investigation is undermined by this type of awkward hard-man nonsense.

Vasco - do you really think what he posted constitutes good advice though? :confused:

I'm yet to meet anyone who lives well from trading opening ranges, INTRAday pivots and non-volume based support and resistance. Hear a lot of BS about it on forums mind...

Although he mentioned pivots, S/R, etc, he also seemed to be basing trades on various other things that could only really be seen my someone who's spent a lot of hours staring at charts, which makes sense, to me. DAX30 may have been a scam artist, but I still believe that underneath it all he could be a profitable trader.

I suppose the Mr Spreadbet alias is fact, but wouldn't it be funny if it turned out that there's an ex-fireman called Nick Powell who makes £100k a year trading DAX while eating bacon rolls. :)

Stop threatening this idiot and change tack - you are acting unlawfully yourselves in doing so - because your magazine is somewhat under the radar from the public domain, you're able to get away with such language. Were you threatening a public figure on twitter, for right or wrong, you would already have had a knock for much lighter language than you have used thus far.

It shows an utter lack of prudence and professionalism in my opinion - your whole investigation is undermined by this type of awkward hard-man nonsense.

Yeah, they've got a 'dead or alive' poster on their website, bunch of jokers, they're well hard. Davie must have stitched them up good and proper.

I bet you I could find Davie in a week. Would I do it for these guys and their 5k reward, not a chance.

My last post on the subject,

It's reassuring to see that despite the accusations, badmouthing and lies, he was saying about me and me protesting my innocence only one person got up and said i may have a point having read my posts.

Cablemonster, Shakone liked his rants towards me and meanwhile everybody else stood by and let it carry on.

It says a lot about the country today really that people allow this to carry on, maybe most were taken in by him and thought they better not offend the great DAX trader, others well, they can't be arsed because it doesn't affect them.

Bye.

It's reassuring to see that despite the accusations, badmouthing and lies, he was saying about me and me protesting my innocence only one person got up and said i may have a point having read my posts.

Cablemonster, Shakone liked his rants towards me and meanwhile everybody else stood by and let it carry on.

It says a lot about the country today really that people allow this to carry on, maybe most were taken in by him and thought they better not offend the great DAX trader, others well, they can't be arsed because it doesn't affect them.

Bye.

I was banned at the time so there wasn't much I could do.

Attachments

• kasa.JPG
    kasa.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 221
others well, they can't be arsed because it doesn't affect them.

Bye.

Hehe. Well, I guess I must admit, I probably fell into that group.
Having been on various trading forums for over a decade, and witnessed all sorts of scams, I certainly got the impression very early on that something ''wasn't quite right''. there are certain 'tells' that most people can't seem to hide.
I didn't want to be the one who, as Pboyles said, tells everyone that ''santa claus doesn't exist''. I let him get on with it, assuming that at some point (admittedly much sooner that I thought) he'd be exposed.

But then you can't blame us. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Use common sense. Look deeper. Put yourselves in your gurus shoes.

Bye.

Do you mean this post?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...mi-serious-dax30-daytader-77.html#post2206356

When I click 'like' I often place a message. The message is not always complimentary, and it wasn't in the case that you mentioned, it was me slagging him off for his language. But I can understand your reaction...it is a 'like' function after all. I don't remember posting in that thread. Nothing in it for me.

But you are right about something. I often can't be arsed. If he's successful, great, good for him. If as suspected he's not, it's not worth pointing it out. Why not? Experience and the innocent until proven guilty thing (or at least innocent until there is some soliciting). I posted the pattern at the start of the thread. I've posted the pattern before months ago, it is always similar. And it was occurring before I was even a member! Nobody acknowledges it except those that already know it. Some people never learn and there will be new people fooled the next time, and the next time, because they love the activity. And if the site isn't willing to do something about it to prevent this sort of thing then no, I won't either, especially when I've learnt that if I do try, it is often treated with contempt (something that you've probably now experienced and PBoyles has been banned for). Why should I care about people that don't listen even when they're told, given proof several times, and still don't want to know?

That's what I meant by the thread being the real lesson for trading. The move starts off ok and activity builds slowly at first and seems reasonable. At some point a growing number of people jump on the thread and get all excited, while some of the experienced hands look on with a raised eyebrow and suspicion and don't participate, or already anticipate what's about to occur. Those who jumped on seem to be thinking this one could be the one, and as it builds it creates a frenzy of posts, so that when you look back later in the day at the thread there are 10 pages or more to catch up on, and 20 or 30 people are viewing the thread (a lot these days). All this usually occurs not long before the move comes to a stunning halt, and reverses. Some are still in denial. And it repeats. And no amount of pointing it out will stop people jumping on one of his next threads with the same fervour. In that respect Davie Robertson has done a great job in trading education.

Someone asked why he doesn't show more losers...I'd guess the answer is because that's not as effective. People want to see nearly all winners. Doesn't matter if it seems less realistic to an experienced trader, you're not his target. Just because his English is appalling, doesn't mean he doesn't know what works in recruiting suckers. Another asked why show tickets at all...and again it's just my guess...probably when people see the money their eyes light up, cha-ching.

Last edited:
What am I going to read now doing the Asian session now.

It's back to the BBC football pages.

Last edited:
What do you guys think for next time? Looking forward to a James (or Jane) Thompson, with a distant and unclear pic of someone in a black t-shirt or perhaps standing next to a ferrari. Hopefully not just a multi-monitor setup with a pic of him logged in to Trade2win (how genuine!). He'll regale us with talk about how he's turned the corner thanks to an S&P pit trader showing him the ropes (liffe is no good anymore). And he can show you too! He'll pull at your heartstrings with some illness, backache, sprained ankle or chronic disease that he suffers, but bond with you because he plays grand theft auto V (lol), and show us all how to trade.

He really is pretty entertaining, despite being a total scumbag. That said, the RIichieBoy posts about wanting him dead are inappropriate.

Last edited:
What do you guys think for next time? Looking forward to a James (or Jane) Thompson, with a distant and unclear pic of someone in a black t-shirt or perhaps standing next to a ferrari. Hopefully not just a multi-monitor setup with a pic of him logged in to Trade2win (how genuine!). He'll regale us with talk about how he's turned the corner thanks to an S&P pit trader showing him the ropes (liffe is no good anymore). And he can show you too! He'll pull at your heartstrings with some illness, backache, sprained ankle or chronic disease that he suffers, but bond with you because he plays grand theft auto V (lol), and show us all how to trade.

He really is pretty entertaining, despite being a total scumbag. That said, the RIichieBoy posts about wanting him dead are inappropriate.

Ex-LIFFE mentor was the weirdest part of the story for me, I guess it sounds good on the surface, but I've not heard the LIFFE floor referenced since I started... there have been so many changes that I'm not sure an "ex-LIFFE" trader would be much use regarding retail traded intraday DAX futures without having had electronic trading room experience (in which case they would refer to themselves as ex Goldmans et al) ... next he'll be saying he gets his trading cards timestamped...