exit ops from interdealer broking?

Intro

I would like to work in sales at an Bank but have no offers. I have option of working at an interdealer brokerage though and just wondering what the exit options would be from there?

Could i go into sales/structuring from there? Could i do it for 5 years, do a specialized masters and then get in from there? Or is it once a broker always a broker?

I would like to work in sales at an Bank but have no offers. I have option of working at an interdealer brokerage though and just wondering what the exit options would be from there?

Could i go into sales/structuring from there? Could i do it for 5 years, do a specialized masters and then get in from there? Or is it once a broker always a broker?

Your correct that IDB stuff is sales, but, of course, you're gonna learn about the products and get to know the main players in the markets. MSc at a later date would be a good step.
I'd say deffo go for it if no other offers

Thanks for that!

So my own ideal path would be to go to sales or structuring and from what you say that seems plausible but where do the other guys in that industry go in general? A job for life?

Which IDB? Most people can easily make the jump to IB if its a reputable IDB and they have done well. The contacts you make are ridiculous!:clap: