Market Risk to Broking

buffting

Hi guys - appreciate most of you here are probs traders and might have some harsh views on brokers etc but grateful if you could see it from my perspective. thanks.

working in market risk for 2 years - CFA Level 2 - excellent degree from Warwick. struggled (lack of opportunities etc) to move into role that is more client orientated and involved in the markets (sales trading). Market Risk did not turn out to be as great as expected but has been a good platform - only just turned 24.

Recently offered a role on a grad scheme at a brokerage house - significant salary cut - almost half - but potential as it is a broking role to earn a lot too. Prospects look good in terms of client contact and involved with the markets and client relationship building and possibly travelling abroad! but further down the line. Its def not interdealer broking but more like a sales trading role at an ibank.

So given this brief scenario - salary cut - another grad programme - more the kinda role i want to do and prospects - etc... should i take this opportunity with both hands or stick it out where i am?

Please do ask questions if you need - any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks