Everybody hurts...sometimes...

to be honest anyone who argues on and on and on over a forum over something which is...generally speaking ,100% hypothetical, has an ego because they are SO wanting everyone to hear that THEY are right.

if you know you're right just move on because you look like a tit.

I don't know why they don't shove off to a thread of their own.

Sorry, mates, you are both just a waste of space.

bsd/toastie

how about calling a New Year truce you two :)

there's more interesting things to be discussed on this thread than just watching you two bat the same ball back and forth across the net.

cheers

jon

Heck I'm fine with that.

I'm not gonna write anything more about this.

But going forward one thing we should agree upon is that obvious facts about trading that I always backup with hard evidence everyone can verify for themselves is what should be prevalent on a trading board right, otherwise the whole thing is kinda pointless isn't it.

Trading isn't a religion dealing with beliefs after all.

Trading is about hard verifiable facts, and nonsense like that liquidity is not an issue in trading size really doesn't have a place on a trading board unles we want to turn this into comedy central.

I always back up my stuff, heck I even dig up a report by the SEC stating what's only perfectly logical, that trading size moves the markets, that a 75k lot position in the ES takes on average 5 hours to implement if one doesn't want to move the market, and that's why one cannot compound an intraday method up to such size.

That's not a question of opinion or belief, that' s a fact, and unless we want this place to be a gossip hall full with false and misleading nonsense driving professional traders away sticking to verifiable facts is what we should aim for.

I've quoted Dan, the SEC, New Market Wizard and hedge fund manager Bill Lipshutz here, all saying the same, absolutely obvious thing, that trading size you move the market unless you put your positions on in dribs and drabs as Tim said, over the course of a day:

Jack: How does your current trading for your own management firm differ from your trading at Salomon?

Bill: At the moment, I'm trading a lot smaller than at Salomon, which is a disadvantage.

How is large size an advantage?

You're kidding.

No, I'm serious.

If a big buyer comes in and pushes the market 4 percent, that's an advantage.

Source: New Market Wizards interview with Bill Lipshutz
http://www.hathersage.com/fx/nmw_7.html

Happy New Year all.

Last edited:
Gecko, looking at the rubbish threads you've been posting here that's really the only sort of comment one can expect from you, a totally pointless tirade with no substance.

This nonsense going on here with threads such as yours or unbacked arguments ignoring the most basic facts about trading is exactly what I harp on about is driving a lot of professional traders away from here, who wants to read such drivel.

:LOL:

DT & BSD, I like and respect both of you and your views and contributions on T2W are (IMHO) as valuable as you can get on 'ere, however, this petty feud doesn't do either of you justice or credit, you're both better than this. Let's just put it down to Xmas *tensions* and move on eh? There are merits in both of your positions, just bury it...

Much as I hate to get in the way of a good fight, I have to agree with this. You're both valuable members, and you disagree - not a surprise in trading, where two completely different approaches can both be profitable.

Surely there's no need for acrimony?

Well - problem is no-one told BSD the golden rule about interweb debates...

Never go full retard.

BSD - you went full retard. Went home empty handed.... :rolleyes:

Well - problem is no-one told BSD the golden rule about interweb debates...

Never go full retard.

BSD - you went full retard. Went home empty handed.... :rolleyes:

On what verifiable hard facts are you basing your nonsensical allegations on when I have hedge fund managers, bank traders and the SEC all supporting my stance that short term intradaytrading is not scalable ?

Sp let's do the maths once and of for all, I honestly cannot believe I'm wasting time on such totally obvious crap on a trading board.

Like I said, it's not about beliefs in trading which ain't religion, but instead about hard, verifiable facts !

Either someone is pregnant, or they aren't...

Either you can compound daytrading, or you can't !

Are there only paper traders here any longer never experiencing slippage ?

Let's assume Toasts conveniently invented buddy who can per him compound daytrading existed, and that, as toast ludicrously claims, you could compound daytrading because markets had unlimited liquidity, ok ?

So let's assume his invented buddy existed, running a portfolio of 18 million, and is achieving returns of 80k per day, which translates into a percentage return of ca 0.44% / day.

Actually, with that I can absolutely go along, returns like that are perfectly achievable with smallish / medium daytrading accounts, only it's just not compoundable.

Twi was at a prop firm and is at a hedge fund now, and he corroborates even way better returns with small daytrading accounts:

Many people think if you make 20-30% a year that you are doing brilliantly well. Many here will make 50-100% per month. It is not a methodology you could apply to large amounts of capital such as fund trading but for individuals accounts it cannot be bettered.

So doing the maths, IF you could compound returns like that, you'd be the richest person on this planet in zero time, compounding at almost half a percent per day over just a few years with an 18 mill portfolio:

http://www.smartmoney.com/compoundcalc/

Unfortunately no daytrader is the richest person on this planet and no returns like that are being achieved by the truly richest traders on this planet running hedge funds that are absolutely nowhere near what daytraders with small accounts can achieve as with their size the Tudor Jones and Soroses at best average out at 20, 30 % p.a, because trading size you move the market, a perfectly obvious fact confirmed by the SEC who in their study discovered that entering a 75K order into the market needs on average about 5 hours if you don't want to move the market !

Is this gonna be comedy central here or a board for professional traders !

I honestly think that people like Socrates, Toast etc who post obvious totaly misleading BS like that TA doesn't work or the absoutely criminal and perfectly ludicrous claim towards newbies that you can get daytrading compounded into size should get banned.

This board should help newbies get their feet on the ground, and not lead them down a deep and treacherous slope towards losers destroying their capital with their inane "advice" !

does anyone follow the 'advice' anyway? :eek:

duh.....

Now look what BSDs done - baby found out someone's been naughty to daddy on teh interweb. Baby is saaaad....

Don't make the baby cry BSD....

IMG_0244.jpg

... or the bunny gets it...

Talking with toast is like talking with some who keeps repeating the earth is flat.

Toasts invented buddy who he claims has an 18 mill trading account which per him generates a 0.44 % return / day.

So far, so good, and absolutley possible.

Only it's not compoundable, as otherwise he'd have turned the 18 mill...

into 59 mill after one year...

195 mill after 2 years...

650 mill after 3 years...

BILLIONS after 4 years...

http://www.smartmoney.com/compoundcalc/

Simple, elementary school level maths disproving toats ludicrous assertion that daytrading is compoundable as the utter, complete and total nonsense it is.

The reality instead is that with increasing size because you start moving the markets your returns diminish to the 20, 30% per YEAR the best hedge funds stall out at over the years.

Course you can't expect someone like Toast to grasp such simple concepts when he's just fresh out of some daytrading course.

If you don't have arguments that are verifiable or can stand on their own you start inventing buddies instead or resort to vulgar rudeness and insults.

does anyone follow the 'advice' anyway? :eek:

You never know haha, it's amazing how gullible and and not too bright quite many people are. But not after this if they've got even half a brain functioning.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

So far, so good, and absolutley possible.

Only it's not compoundable, as otherwise he'd have turned the 18 mill...

into 59 mill after one year...

195 mill after 2 years...

650 mill after 3 years...

BILLIONS after 4 years...

DT - Your explanation a few pages back was excellent but there must come a point where it''s not possible anymore as shown above... You agree or not? lol let's just put this to bed.

Toasts invented buddy can't have been trading long is certain anyway as he's only up to 18 mill.

Start with 50K, compounding that at half a percent / day and you've turned that into 7,5 mill after 4 years, 26 mill after 5 years, 91 mill after 6, etc.

Brilliant.

Funny how no one at prop firms can do that.

Many people think if you make 20-30% a year that you are doing brilliantly well. Many here will make 50-100% per month. It is not a methodology you could apply to large amounts of capital such as fund trading but for individuals accounts it cannot be bettered.

That's from twi who was at a prop firm and is at a hedge fund now.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

DT - Your explanation a few pages back was excellent but there must come a point where it''s not possible anymore as shown above... You agree or not? lol let's just put this to bed.

Liam - the conversation finished a while ago.

There's nothing more to add.

Toast i didn't want to tell you but, BSD put your wife to bed last night, in his own bed and he sent me a pm saying your wife wasn't satisfied with your needle dick.

BSD:Toast sent me en email saying you're gay

E- PHAITE

Reactions: BSD
Gotta give the toast that, he has a pretty wife :)

Posted a pic of her at some point he did.

Say hi to her from me toastie.

Happy New Year all !